Round Three:2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs The Conference Finals

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

why.

Karlsson, Hertl, and Pavelski may not be in the lineup. That’s huge. Blues are playing a heavier game than the Sharks. Binnington looks more poised. 

Don’t get me wrong, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Sharks pull off a win tonight. I just think they won’t. 

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Karlsson, Hertl, and Pavelski may not be in the lineup. That’s huge. Blues are playing a heavier game than the Sharks. Binnington looks more poised. 

Don’t get me wrong, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Sharks pull off a win tonight. I just think they won’t. 

Thanks.

My question was directed to the inclusion of that video clip. I felt rick roll'd.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Thanks.

My question was directed to the inclusion of that video clip. I felt rick roll'd.

Ohhh lol ... baby shark tune. Like the soldiers are the Blues and calling the Sharks “baby sharks”. Kinda obscure. Kinda fits. ?

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The Blues are a boring team.

They suuuure are! I think Boston slaughters them. But hey! I've been wrong before.

And I'm beyond confused by the music that's been played in the arena...

Nothing boring about the Blues.  Hard working.  Balanced.  Solid.  Five goals, lots of big hits, and great goaltending   Not Boring  

I hope they smear the Bruins.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

I recall the first game of the Sharks Blues series, the Blues plastered Karlsson several times in the first period but were down in the score.  The National media crew said they needed to do more than hit, and they did.  

I doubt the Blues see themselves as a “heavy” team, but they sure seem to take the body regularly.  

Will their extra games played take a toll against a rested Bruins team?  

Rascke vs Binington could be the deciding factor.  

I'll admit, I honestly though the sharks were gonna win, especially after that hand pass OT goal, the resiliency was amazing, and the blues looked better from that point on. 

I think we are far off, especially in those regards, I think something like that would crumble this team, the other thing I noticed was that any time a blues player got tossed from the circle, there was no whining or complaining, they just circled around and out and that was it. Jack could learn to take this approach as he seems like a whiny child most of the time in the FO circle. 

I'm hopeful for a good series, I'd like the blues in 6, not playing until Monday is going to be a good thing, as the blues will get their rest as the B's collect rust. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'll admit, I honestly though the sharks were gonna win, especially after that hand pass OT goal, the resiliency was amazing, and the blues looked better from that point on. 

I think we are far off, especially in those regards, I think something like that would crumble this team, the other thing I noticed was that any time a blues player got tossed from the circle, there was no whining or complaining, they just circled around and out and that was it. Jack could learn to take this approach as he seems like a whiny child most of the time in the FO circle. 

I'm hopeful for a good series, I'd like the blues in 6, not playing until Monday is going to be a good thing, as the blues will get their rest as the B's collect rust. 

I don't think the Bruins will be rusty. Their veteran core has faced so many different situations in the playoffs over the years that they always seem ready for anything now. The way they prepare for games has to be a finely tuned machine at this point and their younger players most definitely follow the leaders.

The Blues, meanwhile, are in uncharted territory.

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That’s an interesting note: Two “heavy” teams in the finals.

The death of heavy hockey was overstated, evidently.

Jeremy White talked about this today.

The Bruins are 23rd in average team height and 21st in average team weight. The quotes he was pulling (I think from the Bruins HC) is that their puck-moving defensemen, not big-banging bodies, is what made the difference this year. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SDS said:

The Bruins are 23rd in average team height and 21st in average team weight. The quotes he was pulling (I think from the Bruins HC) is that their puck-moving defensemen, not big-banging bodies, is what made the difference this year. 

Height and weight is what it is, but that doesn't mean they don't, or can't, or won't, play a "heavy" game.  They do not shy away from hits nor do they avoid the high-percentage zones or give in on puck battles.  Plus they play a dirty style, which St. Louis, oddly enough, adopted at some point going into the playoffs.

I don't know the numbers, and I didn't listen to WGR this morning, but I'm fairly certain the Blues are at least mid, if not above, average in height and weight. Boston will not be able to skate around them.  I think this quote is likely pre-series chutzpah.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

@... anticipated some of what I was going to say in reply. I guess I'm aware that those big bodied western teams - Kings, Ducks - became notorious as "heavy" teams. But I don't think of the heavy style as being played by big bodied teams. It's really more a style and mentality -- and execution of that style -- that can make a game heavy.

I think of ROR as a very heavy player. But he doesn't hit anyone.

1 hour ago, ... said:

Height and weight is what it is, but that doesn't mean they don't, or can't, or won't, play a "heavy" game.  They do not shy away from hits nor do they avoid the high-percentage zones or give in on puck battles.  Plus they play a dirty style, which St. Louis, oddly enough, adopted at some point going into the playoffs.

I don't know the numbers, and I didn't listen to WGR this morning, but I'm fairly certain the Blues are at least mid, if not above, average in height and weight. Boston will not be able to skate around them.  I think this quote is likely pre-series chutzpah.

I think it should be a good series.

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

I don't think the Bruins will be rusty. Their veteran core has faced so many different situations in the playoffs over the years that they always seem ready for anything now. The way they prepare for games has to be a finely tuned machine at this point and their younger players most definitely follow the leaders.

The Blues, meanwhile, are in uncharted territory.

Biz has been talking about rust all playoffs long on spittin’ chicklets. I don’t want to misquote the statistic, but teams who played seven games and then went on to face a team that swept fair much better than the team that swept. Granted the Blues only went six, but it’s a real long break for Boston and no doubt they’ve lost some rhythm. Though it’s a long wait for the Blues too so who knows. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.