Round Three:2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs The Conference Finals

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Yes, unfortunately that clip is cut short at the beginning. In looking at the full thing, you can see that the puck had no momentum towards the centre of the ice if not for the hand, you can see it's falling straight down on the full replay. 

3 minutes ago, Stads said:

They gave Meier an assist so I guess they determined he did make contact

Yeah. He probably hit it. I can see how none of the refs saw it though. Hockey is a cruel biotch.

I understand this is not satisfying but you can see the referee could not see the hand pass because he was directly opposite the goal and his view was blocked. The question is if everyone is arguing for more replay rather than less?

3B9B43CD-9302-46F4-B039-0754F88CE039.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

Yeah. He probably hit it. I can see how none of the refs saw it though. Hockey is a cruel biotch.

The back official on the right side along the boards was looking directly at it, but the other 3 I can see why they'd miss. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I understand this is not satisfying but you can see the referee could not see the hand pass because he was directly opposite the goal and his view was blocked. The question is if everyone is arguing for more replay rather than less?

3B9B43CD-9302-46F4-B039-0754F88CE039.jpeg

If we're going to have replay, it should be comprehensive. If a situation like this isn't replay worthy then let's just scrap it altogether.

I'm willing to accept human error over whatever the hell it is we're doing with replay right now. 

Just now, darksabre said:

If we're going to have replay, it should be comprehensive. If a situation like this isn't replay worthy then let's just scrap it altogether.

I'm willing to accept human error over whatever the hell it is we're doing with replay right now. 

I agree with this, human error sucks, but it happens and it's easier to roll with it when it happens compared to this nonsense. 

55 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

One constant that I keep hearing throughout this entire playoff run is how incredible the 3rd and fourth-line players have been for the teams that have been moving on. I'm starting to think that this is a lot more important than we in Buffalo may have thought. It also shines a light on how absolutely pathetic ours have been for the last 10 years.

Why are we worrying about 3rd and 4th line.  We don’t have a 1st line if Skinner is not signed.  We don’t have a 2nd line in any way, shape, or form.  

All 4 gathered and discussed after the goal. If the linesman sees it he's allowed to say that and have the goal overturned. 

Hmmm. I can still see how none of them saw it on the ice.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I agree. And that call that pushed them through in the first round was "non-reviewable" as well, and could have been so easily corrected. Scrap it entirely if that's going to be the case. 

Just now, SwampD said:

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a problem with referees not calling hand passes when appropriate. It’s not like something where they decided to let them play and ignored it. 

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Fair enough. But you'd like for them to find a way to not miss such an important, crucial call, in the Conference finals. It pivots the series. The officials from their first series were "sent home" after missing that other call, by the conference finals we should be looking at the best of the best for referee crew. 

But it in the end, it happens. We move on. Sharks are an asterisk team to me at this point, this just enhances it. 

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a problem with referees not calling hand passes when appropriate. It’s not like something where they decided to let them play and ignored it. 

Ya, they definitely missed it, I don't think it was ignored. 

Just like they missed what actually happened to Pavelski. 

Just now, Thorny said:

Fair enough. But you'd like for them to find a way to not miss such an important, crucial call, in the Conference finals. It pivots the series. The officials from their first series were "sent home" after missing that other call, by the conference finals we should be looking at the best of the best for referee crew. 

But it in the end, it happens. We move on. Sharks are an asterisk team to me at this point, this just enhances it. 

I am not a referee, but the only criticism I can see is if they were out of position. Either that or we review everything now.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I am not a referee, but the only criticism I can see is if they were out of position. Either that or we review everything now.

Their job is to find a way to see it. There should always be at least one referee who has eyes on the puck at all times, it was a puck related infraction. 

It happens, but it's a mistake. It's "understandable", but they missed it and it cost a team game 3 of a tied series on home ice. 

I'd like to see a play like that be reviewable. Would have taken 3 seconds. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

There’re lots of missed calls. Every team has some sort of asterisk, I would think. You either win it or you don’t.

In the end, I want to see Ol’ Joe raise the Cup over the Bruins.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

There’re lots of missed calls. Every team has some sort of asterisk, I would think. You either win it or you don’t.

In the end, I want to see Ol’ Joe raise the Cup over the Bruins.

Not like the Eakin call. The series was over. It was Rams/Saints bad. 

Boston is winning the cup anyways, let's be real. 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

All 4 gathered and discussed after the goal. If the linesman sees it he's allowed to say that and have the goal overturned. 

I just can’t accept that at least 2 of the four could not see the hand pass.  It happened right in front of the net.  How could all four officials not be looking at the puck in front of the net all at the same time.  One at the right point, another in the opposite corner.  

It is not even comprehensible that four officials all miss this.  Worse, that the league will review offsides and call back goals that occur many minutes after the infraction.   They will review goalie interference, mostly a judgement call.  They won’t review a hand pass.  Hmmm.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Their job is to find a way to see it. There should always be at least one referee who has eyes on the puck at all times, it was a puck related infraction. 

It happens, but it's a mistake. It's "understandable", but they missed it and it cost a team game 3 of a tied series on home ice. 

I am not a fan of physics defying answers like this. The puck moves 100 times faster than a referee so what you are asking for is literally impossible.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I am not a fan of physics defying answers like this. The puck moves 100 times faster than a referee so what you are asking for is literally impossible.

If I'm getting push back for "I want them to get the call right", it's not my night for arguments. 

---

I get it, there aren't eyes on the puck at ALL times. This was net front, before a scoring chance. 

Edited by Thorny

Not like the Eakin call. The series was over. It was Rams/Saints bad. 

Boston is winning the cup anyways, let's be real. 

You need to shut your stupid face!!!!

They probably will.

...I didn’t think the Eakins call was that bad.

Just now, Thorny said:

If I'm getting push back for "I want them to get the call right", it's not my night for arguments. 

One of my favorite sayings is that you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first.

Everyone wants the right call made. “Find a way” is not a path forward. Objects obscure vision. It can’t be avoided. 

Just now, SDS said:

One of my favorite sayings is that you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first.

Everyone wants the right call made. “Find a way” is not a path forward. Objects obscure vision. It can’t be avoided. 

I already said. Replay. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.