Round Three:2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs The Conference Finals

Brawndo

2 hours ago, bills_fan_in_raleigh said:

He weathered the first period storm for sure.  Game could have gotten out of hand fast.   A few quick goals by bruins Thursday night will have the bandwagon jerks and their pig heading for the doors fast

It was awfully quiet for stretches at PNC last night. A beautiful thing. Hopefully the Bruins can step on their throats early on Thursday and end this thing..... Then its ***** the Bruins right where they breathe!

1 hour ago, Claude_Verret said:

It was awfully quiet for stretches at PNC last night. A beautiful thing. Hopefully the Bruins can step on their throats early on Thursday and end this thing..... Then its ***** the Bruins right where they breathe!

Agree 1000000%  Hope for three early goals in first and than canes start thinking about how nice golf will be this weekend.

One constant that I keep hearing throughout this entire playoff run is how incredible the 3rd and fourth-line players have been for the teams that have been moving on. I'm starting to think that this is a lot more important than we in Buffalo may have thought. It also shines a light on how absolutely pathetic ours have been for the last 10 years.

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

One constant that I keep hearing throughout this entire playoff run is how incredible the 3rd and fourth-line players have been for the teams that have been moving on. I'm starting to think that this is a lot more important than we in Buffalo may have thought. It also shines a light on how absolutely pathetic ours have been for the last 10 years.

To be fair Botterill attempted to address it last summer and I think the board realized it at the end of Housley's first summer too.

You're right though it is a very important and underrated aspect to a contending team 

6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Maybe some fans downplay the importance of 3rd and 4th lines. I’m not one of them. They are so so vital.

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Maybe some fans downplay the importance of 3rd and 4th lines. I’m not one of them. They are so so vital.

More important than ever, because teams stack talent throughout their line-ups - teams looking to push the pace with all 4 lines. 

The sharks don't deserve to be here, nor do they deserve the win today. 

Officiating is again absolute trash, you can review a pixel of offsides that has no bearing on the play, but that is allowed 

They made up a penalty they didn't see on Vegas and then they miss a call that is as clean as day here. 

NHL, you really suck 

Edited by Wyldnwoody44
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, matter2003 said:

Wtf is their replay for in the NHL if blatant rule violations cant be reviewed??? Total BS...Blues got hosed...

Right? What's the point of replay? We're out here nitpicking offsides to death but we can't review a hand pass? 

I'm also positive that hand passes have been reviewed before. 

• Like (+1) 2

Terrible.  I’ll be the first to say the Blues blew this game.  They won a face off in their end and someone, inexplicably lost the puck on the wall to Thornton. It ends up in the night.  The Blues had the last line change but yet Colton Parayko was not on the ice.  Maybe he played the prior shift. 

OT was a disaster. Blatant and obvious handpass leads to a Sharks goal.  Not one of four officials saw it been through it happen right in front of the net.  What were they looking at ??? 

No review allowed.  No help from Trono allowed. No official willing to call it , even though they  talked about it and made handpass motions during their deliberations   

This league is silly. 

36 minutes ago, SDS said:

Nice defense ROR

Did you hear his name when he did not cover the game-tying goal?

I heard his name clearly win the  draw and his line mates fail to recover the puck and clear it.   I heard the Coaches named mentioned as to why Colton Parayko was on the bench at the time.  

Just now, SwampD said:

That shows me nothing. I’m serious.

Yes, unfortunately that clip is cut short at the beginning. In looking at the full thing, you can see that the puck had no momentum towards the centre of the ice if not for the hand, you can see it's falling straight down on the full replay. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.