Round Three:2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs The Conference Finals

Brawndo

I have been watching for a couple reasons.

1.) I like hockey especially playoffs  

2.) To see how far my favorite team, Sabres are from being here.

I can confidently say we got a ways to go to display the all out efforts, coordinated and quality play I am seeing.  

Last I am rooting for the avalanche to get another WC team to finals and ultimately to win it all...   

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, msw2112 said:

It is painful to watch St. Louis and San Jose advance.  Our extra 1st round pick gets worse and worse.  At least it makes the one we gave up in the Montour trade less valuable.

The pain for me resides in the idea that two supposed cancers that couldn’t be a part of this teams’ success are enjoying a great deal of success while our team continues to whither.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Weave said:

The pain for me resides in the idea that two supposed cancers that couldn’t be a part of this teams’ success are enjoying a great deal of success while our team continues to whither.

I try to be a little optimistic on the other hand.

San Jose was only 1pt better in the standings with the addition off Kane than they were last year.

St. Louis only 5pts better with ROR. Last year they missed the playoffs with 94pts....those same 94pts this year would've got them in the playoffs.

The Sabres were 14pts better than last year without either of them and Lehner, while having coach lynched at the end of the year. Lehner was probably the one player that made the most difference to the team he joined. Good for him if he has changed his life around. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I try to be a little optimistic on the other hand.

San Jose was only 1pt better in the standings with the addition off Kane than they were last year.

St. Louis only 5pts better with ROR. Last year they missed the playoffs with 94pts....those same 94pts this year would've got them in the playoffs.

The Sabres were 14pts better than last year without either of them and Lehner, while having coach lynched at the end of the year. Lehner was probably the one player that made the most difference to the team he joined. Good for him if he has changed his life around. 

The Blues are also significantly better than their record would indicate. They are a legit contender. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The Blues are also significantly better than their record would indicate. They are a legit contender. 

Reading the Blues forum, they hated Yeo and though Jake Allen was hot trash (except of course, vs. the Sabres).  They canned Yeo and brought Binnington up.  Along with the addition of ROR, the Blues are a pretty good team.  Early in the season though, with poor coaching and poor goal tending, ROR couldn't carry the team.  (Sound familiar?)

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Reading the Blues forum, they hated Yeo and though Jake Allen was hot trash (except of course, vs. the Sabres).  They canned Yeo and brought Binnington up.  Along with the addition of ROR, the Blues are a pretty good team.  Early in the season though, with poor coaching and poor goal tending, ROR couldn't carry the team.  (Sound familiar?)

Sure, but the roster comparison across the board in totality, is, well, no comparison. 

NHL just isn't a league where one player can carry a team. Outside of maybe a goalie, for a stretch. And that's only going to get more true as time goes by, as teams continue to fill their "bottom" 2 lines with skill players and not grinders. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

All y'all missed the point.  It wasn't that one of those guys made a difference, it was that no cancer is evident on those squads and both players are contributing well to success leading up to, and in, the playoffs.  They weren't cancers.  And they didn't need to go to build a winning team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Weave said:

All y'all missed the point.  It wasn't that one of those guys made a difference, it was that no cancer is evident on those squads and both players are contributing well to success leading up to, and in, the playoffs.  They weren't cancers.  And they didn't need to go to build a winning team.

Who's arguing otherwise?

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

I love how the Blues have basically become the Hasek-era Sabres to some. 

They have a LOT of talent on that team. 

And were near bottom feeders until Bennington showed up and got hot. And yes, I agree there is a lot of talent on that team and none really changed anything except the goalie.

I will give some of the credit to Berube.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again
added to post

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.