Most successful PSE sports properties

PASabreFan

I would rank Bills ahead of Sabres.  The Bills, with Beane and McD running things are on the upswing.  Lots of young talent and a positive team culture.  

Sabres talent development has been slower and leadership is still questionable with 3rd year GM and another new coach. 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I would rank Bills ahead of Sabres.  The Bills, with Beane and McD running things are on the upswing.  Lots of young talent and a positive team culture.  

Sabres talent development has been slower and leadership is still questionable with 3rd year GM and another new coach. 

Probably because drafting 21yr old men versus 18yr old boys. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Probably because drafting 21yr old men versus 18yr old boys. 

Big difference with football draft and hockey. Football you're possibly drafting three guys who come in and play day one. Having said that I think there seems to be more trust in Beane than Botterill at this point.

22 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Just giving them their due. Whatever they're doing with those franchises, they should try with the Sabres.

I thinks it's exponentially easier to create a good team in a lesser league. I won't speak to the Beauts, as I have no knowledge about them, but the other teams listed are basically just stacked rosters. Put enough good players on a team, it'll be good most of the time. It's a heck of a lot easier to put a bunch of AHL all-stars and high level prospects together. Finding top end NHL talent, that's a different story. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.