Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
inkman

I hate the Carolina Hurricanes because...

I hate the Carolina Hurricanes because...  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. I hate the Carolina Hurricanes because ..

    • We lost to them in 2006, no specific reason
    • It was the way we lost. Injuries etc...
    • I hate all things Carolina
      0
    • I admit, it's irrational and weird but I still hate them
    • Other


Recommended Posts

I kind of like the Canes.  They're fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Carolina BBQ sandwiches at the arena there. And the weather pregame. 

I'm not a fan of them in general and 06 still stings. 

But I'm more mad at our organization that is so inept, that it can't crack one of the easiest playoff formats in a damn decade. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:37 AM, Claude_Verret said:

Most dont need to go this far to find reasons to hate the Canes,but if you dont hate them already then you've never been to a Sabres game in Raleigh. If you attend a Sabres game here in Raleigh  i promise that you'll find yourself hating just about everything about the Canes organization. 

*****, just come work here for a week and engage in some canes water cooler talk with your coworkers. You'll find dozens of reasons to hate them.

Oh and I dont think anyone mentioned Ric Flair yet.

Go Bruins / Blue Jackets!

I was with you until the Go Bruins part. I hate the Canes, but my hatred of all things Boston will always come first, even though I've never been to Boston and the jerks running the RBC Center (or whatever it's called now) escorted me out of the area at least 7 or 8 times out of the first 10 times I went there. I probably only got kicked out once or twice out of my next 10 visits after that and then I'm not sure I've been kicked out at all since then although I pretty much stopped attending Sabres games there once the tank started and the Sabres became a shitshow.

Now I will admit that I was a drunken obnoxious hooligan with absolutely zero couth after the first 6 beers but security definitely has/had a double standard where home fans got away with worse behavior than what I was getting escorted out for. Those are the breaks though. I'm sure they'd rather piss off the fans of the visiting team, than alienate their own fan base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

I was with you until the Go Bruins part. I hate the Canes, but my hatred of all things Boston will always come first, even though I've never been to Boston and the jerks running the RBC Center (or whatever it's called now) escorted me out of the area at least 7 or 8 times out of the first 10 times I went there. I probably only got kicked out once or twice out of my next 10 visits after that and then I'm not sure I've been kicked out at all since then although I pretty much stopped attending Sabres games there once the tank started and the Sabres became a shitshow.

Now I will admit that I was a drunken obnoxious hooligan with absolutely zero couth after the first 6 beers but security definitely has/had a double standard where home fans got away with worse behavior than what I was getting escorted out for. Those are the breaks though. I'm sure they'd rather piss off the fans of the visiting team, than alienate their own fan base.

The difference in my hatred for the canes and Bruins is razor thin, but I guess my proximity to all the fake fans coming out of the woodwork here allows me to hold my nose and root for Boston. If I lived in Boston then I'm sure I'd be rooting for the canes. 

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Claude_Verret said:

The difference in my hatred for the canes and Bruins is razor thin, but I guess my proximity to all the fake fans coming out of the woodwork here allows me to hold my nose and root for Boston. If I lived in Boston then I'm sure I'd be rooting for the canes. 

Fair enough. I just can't root for Boston to win anything, even though it predominantly stems from my hatred of the Patriots*, I hate the Bruins with a passion as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston holds the most hated status for me because of this kid.

I have a 30 year head start on this kid and nothing to show for it 

2BA5F8CE-6E33-4248-BA08-67C2658C1B8D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Boston holds the most hated status for me because of this kid.

I have a 30 year head start on this kid and nothing to show for it 

2BA5F8CE-6E33-4248-BA08-67C2658C1B8D.jpeg

Ah yes, Patrick McGillicuddy

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Boston holds the most hated status for me because of this kid.

I have a 30 year head start on this kid and nothing to show for it 

2BA5F8CE-6E33-4248-BA08-67C2658C1B8D.jpeg

I hate all Boston sports teams, but honestly at this point what difference does another one make? Following Buffalo sports teams as we do, none of us here are going to sniff anything close to rivaling that record in our lifetimes anyway. In other words no I dont want that kid getting a 12th parade in 17 years, but if it's a choice between that and a 2nd cup for the Canes or the Leafs first cup in two generations then I'm all in on Boston. Misery loves company. 

Edited by Claude_Verret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol ultimate Buffalo fan frustration, Carolina and Boston. 

For me, it'd be worse if it was Toronto.

Lots of ex Sabres out west, cheer for them. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate Bastan the team, I hate Carolina fair weather, no idea about hockey fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

lol ultimate Buffalo fan frustration, Carolina and Boston. 

It shouldn't be but I digress 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, inkman said:

It shouldn't be but I digress 

 

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

lol ultimate Buffalo fan frustration, Carolina and Boston. 

No, that comes when St. Louis and San Jose meet on the other side, as two of Murray’s “failures” face off, with the winner sending the Sabres a pick in the 30s.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dudacek said:

 

No, that comes when St. Louis and San Jose meet on the other side, as two of Murray’s “failures” face off, with the winner sending the Sabres a pick in the 30s.

Just,...

 

...ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drunkard said:

I think it's time to root for a massive fire at the arena.

We should invite Toronto to the game first. Tell them we're trying to show them what the Conference Finals look like

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These days I have more hate for the Sabres. Our franchise is just flat out bad.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WildCard said:

We should invite Toronto to the game first. Tell them we're trying to show them what the Conference Finals look like

And the Flyers. Just tell them there's an uppity Santa Clause inside that needs to be put in his place. Then we blockade all the exits.

Edited by Drunkard
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody here hates the Sabres.  Extremely disappointed in them? Sure, but hate is a strong word.  When you hate something it's very unlikely that you will ever love it. Everyone here wants to love Sabres hockey again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 1:11 PM, inkman said:

Lack of great player?

30-53-83 (82gp)

28-54-82 (77gp)

Both those stat lines from this season belong to a 2015 draft pick. One is Aho and one is a touted franchise centre, Jack Eichel.

Maybe not great yet, but very good and soon to be great, probably. 

---

I don't hate/dislike the Hurricanes franchise, I just hate/dislike that specific 06 team, because of what it meant to us. Similarly about Dallas. I mean it was 2 decades ago, there's no real connection. 

The only franchises I really actively root against are Winnipeg and Toronto. 

Passively root against all Canadian teams, I suppose. 

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are considerably more teams that I actively root against than for.

Teams who can’t win before the Sabres: Sharks, Jets, Canucks, Blues, Wild, 

Apathetic or spoiled fan bases who don’t deserve the cup: Oilers, Stars, Kings, Panthers, Islanders, Penguins, Hurricanes, Devils, Knights, Coyotes 

Loathing born of past wrongs committed: Senators, Flyers

Cities and/or fan bases that annoy me: Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Canucks, Flyers, Rangers, 

And of course Boston, who is all of the above.

im sorry @PASabreFan if this makes me a bad person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just was talking to my neighbor, one of the few true Canes fans, and he told me the Canes have limited ticket purchases to VA, NC and SC for the ECF.  It won't matter. They thought Buffalo fans were bad? Get ready for the invasion of the MASSholes!

I have never disrespected his Canes fandom and therefore have never voiced my complaints about all the fake fans to him.  The last thing he said to me was that he isn't so much worried about the Bruins fans traveling from elsewhere to the games as he is about all the fans who have been wearing Canes jerseys up until now that will be hanging them back up for their Bruins jerseys.  He gets it.

 

Edited by Claude_Verret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

Just was talking to my neighbor, one of the few true Canes fans, and he told me the Canes have limited ticket purchases to VA, NC and SC for the ECF.  It won't matter. They thought Buffalo fans were bad? Get ready for the invasion of the MASSholes!

I have never disrespected his Canes fandom and therefore have never voiced my complaints about all the fake fans to him.  The last thing he said to me was that he isn't so much worried about the Bruins fans traveling from elsewhere to the games as he is about all the fans who have been wearing Canes jerseys up until now that will be hanging them back up for their Bruins jerseys.  He gets it.

 

That’s pretty funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted Other.

I hate them because they perfectly represent the sort of modern NHL franchise that is ruining hockey for me.  Carolina has absolutely no business with a hockey team and the sport does not benefit from being in places where people don't give a ***** about it, despite this being the league's #1 goal for several decades now.

The league is filled with these "blah" franchises now and it just sucks mojo out of the sport for me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...