I hate the Carolina Hurricanes because...

inkman

I hate the Carolina Hurricanes because...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. I hate the Carolina Hurricanes because ..

• We lost to them in 2006, no specific reason
    • It was the way we lost. Injuries etc...
    • I hate all things Carolina
    • I admit, it's irrational and weird but I still hate them
    • Other

So you may or may not know my feelings in this matter. I find it bizarre that so many seemingly younger Sabres fans hold such contempt for a Carolina Hurricanes. Sure we lost a tough series to them with what many consider our best chance to win a cup but I still hold way more feelings for the Bruins, Flyers , Leafs and Sens due to the history we have with them not a one off series a dozen years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Fans who ask “what’s icing” watching their team in the finals.

The contemptuous view of my hometown, friends and way of life emanating from a people who knew nothing about any of the three.

The inability to distinguish good fortune from excellent execution, making the contempt intolerable.  I mean, I understand the Patriots’ contempt.

Luke DeCock.

Shutting down online ticket sales to credit cards with Buffalo area zip codes.

The legacy of The Whalers, Gordy, Mark and Marty, Dineen, Francis, Ulf Samuelson, Ley, Liut, Pronger, Shanahan, Coffey .. in Raleigh?

The Research Triangle ad nauseam ....

Otherwise, I love the Hurricanes.

Edited by Neo
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Lots of reasons for hate.

They happened to be standing in the way of a Buffalo Sabres team that would have handily beaten the Edmonton Oilers to win the Cup.

The fluke injuries combined with the bragging they did about a come-from-behind underdog victory, like it was an act of god to beat the Rochester Americans' defense in game 7.

Extremely fair weather fans with very poor regular season attendance that still couldn't fill their arena with their own fans for playoff games.  So many Buffalo fans bought tickets to that series that Carolina prohibited ticket sales to zip codes in WNY.

Carolina fans whining and carrying on about how so many Sabres fans showed up and how hard they tailgated.  It was too much for their delicate sensibilities and they labeled Buffalo as having "the worst fans."  But because of their inexperience and fairweatherdom, they laughably knew nothing of NJ fans, Flyers fans, Boston fans, etc.

Rod Brindamour is ugly.  Like Elephant man ugly.

The team has been often one of the worst teams in the NHL.  But they were also the kings of a supremely ***** Southeast Division, which granted them several playoff berths.  Once they were moved to the "Metro" (still hate that name), they got their ***** kicked in continuously.  Until this year.

***** 'em.

They rank behind other teams we hate more, but only a couple.

Toronto

Boston

Dallas

Ottawa

Philly

Carolina

Montreal

Pittsburgh

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

..... I live in Charlotte and when we go to Raleigh for Sabres games they hate it.  When we win there's usually bickering exiting the stadium.  

D91CBD98-36C1-4DF5-A25D-28FBF8E46ADD.gif

Edited by Neo

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Lack of great player?

I don’t know, they have one of the best defense corps in league and Aho and a few other emerging stars upfront. History is full of one year wonders. It’s far too early to label him a great coach.

Besides, it’s Rod “freakin” Brind A’mour. He could win ten Cups and I couldn’t call him great.

Edited by tom webster
  • Like (+1) 1

Even though he’s no longer on the team, Eric Staal has such a punchable face (you know the type)

and because I connect Eric with the candy canes, I’ll always hate them. Not as much as Boston, Philly, and Toronto... but close. Sorta like I hate Dallas.

Honestly, I can't hate anyone right now (except maybe Toronto). When (?) we get better and can actually compete, when we are in the playoffs, when we have a legitimate team that can compete with any of those left, then, and only then can I go back to hating other teams. Until that day comes, I just scratch my head at how they can get better quickly, or stay good, and I wonder why we are always so far off. So right now it's envy, not hate. Just envy.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t need a reason. It’s sports. I hate the Hurricanes because I hate the Hurricanes.

And if Br’nd’mor’ had to play under the current face off rules he’d be in jail.

• Like (+1) 1

Most dont need to go this far to find reasons to hate the Canes,but if you dont hate them already then you've never been to a Sabres game in Raleigh. If you attend a Sabres game here in Raleigh  i promise that you'll find yourself hating just about everything about the Canes organization. 

*****, just come work here for a week and engage in some canes water cooler talk with your coworkers. You'll find dozens of reasons to hate them.

Oh and I dont think anyone mentioned Ric Flair yet.

Go Bruins / Blue Jackets!

32 minutes ago, Claude_Verret said:

Most dont need to go this far to find reasons to hate the Canes,but if you dont hate them already then you've never been to a Sabres game in Raleigh. If you attend a Sabres game here in Raleigh  i promise that you'll find yourself hating just about everything about the Canes organization. 

*****, just come work here for a week and engage in some canes water cooler talk with your coworkers. You'll find dozens of reasons to hate them.

Oh and I dont think anyone mentioned Ric Flair yet.

Go Bruins / Blue Jackets!

I went to the Canes-Sabres game on Dec. 23, 2017. What was I supposed to see? I saw a good-sized crowd, maybe a sellout, passionately supporting a team that was as crummy as the Sabres. Objectively speaking it was an atmosphere you rarely see in Buffalo. You'd probably have to take a Thanksgiving Eve drunkfest in Buffalo to match it. People stood when the Canes scored. It was... uncanny. And for such an unsophisticated bunch, I didn't hear whistles and catcalls when obvious offside and icing calls went against the Canes.

This thread is sad. I'm not going to hate a franchise and its fans because 1. Jay McKee's leg got infected 2. Carolina won that Game 7 and then the Cup 3. They got back to the playoffs before we did. 4. Hockey fans are hockey fans (and the worst fans of all are visiting male fans).

Absolutely nothing to see here. Except more evidence that we've bottomed out. Carolina? We hate Carolina? Meanwhile, do they even know we exist?