(OT) Arenas/Stadiums You've Been To

shrader

Damn, for all the traveling I've done, I don't have a good list, 

NHL... Buffalo, Washington, Carolina..... I think that's it. 

NFL, Buffalo 

MLB, Cincinnati, Boston, Chicago 

NBA, Cleveland

NCAA, Alabama, Notre Dame, UB

Rugby...Croaker Park in Dublin. 

Football, multiple weird stadiums in Europe lol. 

Tennis, US open. 

Some cricket stadium in India

Sumo championship in Japan 

NHL:  KBC, Washington, Florida, Tampa, Atlanta, LA, San Jose, Dallas, Minnesota, Toronto, Detroit

NFL:  Buffalo, RFK, San Francisco (candlestick and Levi), Oakland, Tampa, Houston, Jacksonville, Miami, Dallas, LAC, Wembley, NO (not for football), Atlanta (final four)

MLB:  Baltimore, SF, Oakland, Tampa, Houston, Atlanta, Boston, CHC

NBA:  Houston, Golden State, Orlando (arena football)

NCAAF:  FSU, UF, UH, Rice, Stanford, Cal, ND, Rose Bowl

Hockey:

NHL: The Aud, MMArena, BCA, MLG, Boston Gardens, the Forum, Staples Center (Kings), the Summit (Kings-Pens) (preseason)

AHL/Minor: BCA (Amerks), Rushmore Civic Arena (Rush)

College: Walker Arena (Clarkson), Ritter (RIT), BCA (1st Round), MMArena (Championship)

Football:

NFL: Rich, Rose Bowl, Metrodome, Sullivan (Cheatriots), Meadowlands (Jests), M&T (Ravens), Astrodome (Eulers), Superdome (Saints)

NCAA: Astrodome (U of H), Rice, LSU, Penn State

Baseball:

MLB: Exhibition Stadium (Blue Jays), Fenway, Astrodome (Astros), Arlington (Rangers), Riverfront (Reds), Jacobs Field (Cleveland)

Minor: The Rockpile, Pilot Field, Silver Stadium, Frontier Field, U of NO (Zephyrs), Omaha (Royals)

NCAA: Houston, LSU

Bouncey Ball:

NBA: The Aud

NCAA: Houston, UB, Carrier Dome, Penn State, MMArena (1st 2 rounds)

Have been in or at many other stadiums/parks/rinks, but pretty sure that's it for seeing games.

Edited by Taro T

1 hour ago, EichSnipe said:

Has anyone attended any Big 4 All Star festivities? I’m planning to head up to Cleveland for this summer’s MLB HR Derby and ASG. But that would be my first of any sport. 

almost went to the nba festivities this year until we realized the last seat in the house was hundreds of dollars

NHL: The Aud/KBC, Air Canada (or whatever it is now) Center Toronto, Bell Center (yes I am passive-aggressively spelling that) Montreal, Nationwide in Cloumbus, MSG, the old Spectrum in Philly.  

MLB: Shea Stadium, Old Yankee Staduim, Skydome, Three Rivers and the new one in Pittsburgh, Jacobs Field in Cleveland, Metrodome in Minnny, the old Rangers park in Arlington 

NFL: The Ralph and whatever they call it in Cleveland now.

NBA: Cleveland.  I don’t like bouncy-ball.  

I have been to every team’s Arena / Stadium in all four sports.   All 123 teams (and a few that no longer exist (eg Montreal Expos, Atlanta Flames)

160 facilities in total (many teams have moved into new places). 

I do have 8 to get to so that I have been to their current arenas / stadiums.   Plus there are 4 new ones coming in next year (Golden State, LA Football, Las Vegas Raiders and Texas Rangers) 

Best ones - there are many

Worst - Oakland

Geez, I am very much a neophyte at this, apparently

Vancouver’s Pacific Coliseum and Rogers Arena for NHL hockey

Husky Stadium and Qwest field for NFL football

Safeco Field and Jack Murphy Stadium for MLB

Key Arena for NBA

And in the more offbeat, Calgary Saddledome and University of Washington Arena for volleyball,  the Pacific Coliseum (again) Victoria's Save-On-Foods Centre and Kelowna’s Prospera Place for WHL hockey, BC Place Stadium for CFL football, and Edmonton’s Northlands Coliseum for WHA hockey

Edited by dudacek

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Geez, I am very much a neophyte at this, apparently

Vancouver’s Pacific Coliseum and Rogers Arena for NHL hockey

Husky Stadium and Qwest field for NFL football

Safeco Field and Jack Murphy Stadium for MLB

And in the more offbeat, Calgary Saddledome and University of Washington Arena for volleyball,  the Pacific Coliseum (again) Victoria's Save-On-Foods Centre and Kelowna’s Prospera Place for WHL hockey, BC Place Stadium for CFL football, and Edmonton’s Northlands Coliseum for WHA hockey

WHA Hockey ... Awesome!!

And, if you are still enjoying the nice weather out there and you want to make sure the tax man / woman don't ring your bell, if that is still a looming possibility ... PM me and I'll be happy to help you out.

(winkie - winkie thingie)

Non-Buffalo arena's and stadiums

Hockey- (each vs Sabres)

TD Garden (Boston)

Phillips Arena (Atlanta)

Joe Lewis Arena (Detroit)

Bell Centre (Montreal)

Air Canada Centre (Toronto)

Scotiabank Place (Ottawa)

RBC Center (Carolina)

Nationwide Arena (Columbus)

Prudential Center (New Jersey)

Nassau Coliseum (NY Islanders)

MSG (NY Rangers)

Wachovia Center (Philadelphia)

Verizon Center (Washington DC)

Mellon Arena (Pittsburgh)

Citi Field (Winter Classic, New York)

United Center (Chicago)

Football- (each vs Bills)

Gillette Stadium (New England)

Ford Field (Detroit)

Cleveland Browns stadium (Cleveland)

Soccer-

Stade Velodrome (Marseille, France)

Stade Geoffroy-Guichard (Saint-Etienne, France)

National Stadium (Warsaw, Poland)

Stadion Miejski (Poznan, Poland)

Old Trafford (Manchester, England)

Olympiastadion Berlin (Berlin, Germany)

Signal Iduna Park (Dortmund, Germany)

Basketball-

Bankers Life Fieldhouse (Indianapolis)

Mine is going to be limited to MLB Ballparks, as when I was traveling for work in my younger years I had a mission to catch every ballpark.

NHL: Sabres (KeyBank Center), Chicago (United Center), Pittsburgh (PPG Paints Arena)

NFL: Buffalo (New Era Field), Cleveland (FirstEnergy Stadium)

NBA: Toronto (Air Canada Center - I liked the Raptors when I was a kid)

MLB: Toronto (Rogers Center), Pittsburgh (PNC Park), Cincinnati (Great American Ballpark), Cleveland (Progressive Field), Chicago (AL) (Guaranteed Rate Field), Chicago (NL) (Wrigley Field), St. Louis (Busch Stadium), Colorado (Coors Field), Seattle (Safeco Field), Arizona (Chase Field), San Francisco (AT&T Park)...

...countless AA and AAA ballparks in random small towns that I was stuck in for a week or so. The minor league parks were great to go to by yourself or with a co-worker because the beer was cheap and each half inning had crazy fan stunts and entertainment.

• Like (+1) 1

Good topic! Heres my contribution:

NHL - The Aud, Key Bank Arena, Joe Louis Arena, LA Great Western Forum, Staples Center, Honda Center, T Mobile Arena, Bridgestone Arena (Preds)

NFL - Rich Stadium (Hahaha.. it will always be Rich stadium!!), Pontiac Silverdome, Soldier Field, Qualcom Stadium (San Diego Chargers), Sundevil Stadium.

MLB - CNE (old Blue Jays Stadium), Tiger Stadium, Busch Stadium, Dodger Stadium, PetCo Park, Oracal Park (San Francisco)

NBA - Pepsi Arena (Denver Nuggets), The Palace Auburn Hills (Detroit Pistons)

NCAA - Michigan Stadium, Sam Boyd Stadium (UNLV), Carrier Dome, Lakeview Arena (Northern Michigan Univ)

Edited by Hawerchuk

NHL - Buffalo (Aud, KBC), Boston (Garden), NYR (MSG), NYI (Uniondale), NJD (Meadowlands), Washington (Cap Center), Detroit (JLA), Pittsburgh (Civic Center), Philadelphia (Spectrum), Chicago (Stadium), Minnesota (Met Center), San Jose (SAP), Los Angeles (Forum), Anaheim (Anaheim Arena), Columbus (NWA)

NBA - Buffalo (Aud), Toronto (MLG), Cleveland (Richfield), Milwaukee (Milwaukee Arena), Baltimore (Baltimore Arena), Detroit (Palace)

NFL - Buffalo (Rockpile, Rich), Cleveland (Cleveland Stadium), Pittsburgh (3 Rivers), Cincinnati (Riverfront), Chicago (Soldier Field), Minnesota (Metrodome), Detroit (Silverdome), Indianapolis (RCA Dome)

MLB - Toronto (Exhibition Stadium, Skydome), Montreal (Olympic park)

I've seen numerous other sporting events and sports in general (Soccer, NCAA games at UMd and MSU), but I figure that gives you an idea of how I avoided depression when I was an undergrad and grad student.

I'm amazed at how many people can actually name the arenas given how often those names change.  My guess is that over half of the still open pro stadiums/arenas I listed have been renamed since I was there.  Bonus points to the person who can list all of the names used while they were in attendance.  I'm sure many can say that they went to a game in the MMA, HSBC, FNC, and KBC.

NHL - Buffalo (Aud & KBC), Toronto (ACC)

OHL - Niagara/St Catharines (Meridian Centre), Hamilton (First Ontario - but not for hockey just concerts)

NFL - Buffalo, Chicago (Soldier)

NBA - Toronto (Skydome when the Raptors started, game was Jordans last season with Bulls)

MLB - Toronto, Clevland, Chicago (Wrigley where I caught a foul ball & I have been outside Commerica but we didn't end up going to the game)

While in Clevland I was around where the Cavs play and the Browns stadium. in Arizona I was outside the Diamondbacks stadium and went by the Cardinals stadium and A's spring training facility.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.