(OT) Arenas/Stadiums You've Been To

shrader

This topic popped into my head this morning.  I thought it could be an interesting one.  Which sports venues have you been to?  I'm thinking mainly the big 4, but feel free to throw in any other sports or colleges you'd like.  I'm going to list college hockey since I've been to a bunch.

NHL (8): Buffalo (Aud), Buffalo (KBC), Boston, St. Louis, Denver, MSG, Washington, Detroit (JLA)
NFL (3): Buffalo, Miami, Detroit (granted, it was for a hockey game)
MLB (5): Fenway, St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Baltimore
College hockey (14): BU (x2), BC, Northeastern, Providence, UNH, Maine, UMASS Lowell, Dartmouth, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Denver, Niagara

Edit: I've also been to a bunch of AHL arenas, but not for AHL games.
Editx2: I supposed I've also been in some bouncyball arenas, but only for hockey games.

Edited by shrader
I keep forgetting stuff
  • Like (+1) 1

Trying to do the MLB stadium tour. So far I have

Fenway, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, NYY, NYM, and Toronto. Knocking off the Braves in two weeks, and Tampa Bay later on this summer

For hockey, the only other rink I've been to was Tampa Bay. Football was UGA

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Trying to do the MLB stadium tour. So far I have

Fenway, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, NYY, NYM, and Toronto. Knocking off the Braves in two weeks, and Tampa Bay later on this summer

For hockey, the only other rink I've been to was Tampa Bay. Football was UGA

I'd love to do a tour like that someday.  It won't be easy though.  For all the love Fenway gets, those newer stadiums really floored me.  I was in both St. Louis and Detroit shortly after they opened and I'll take a game in those places any day over Fenway.  Seats that actually face the game?  What a scientific breakthrough!

Those Fenway seats pointed directly out to CF did pay off for me once.  Their concert setup has the stage in CF, so last September for Pearl Jam worked out well.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I'd love to do a tour like that someday.  It won't be easy though.  For all the love Fenway gets, those newer stadiums really floored me.  I was in both St. Louis and Detroit shortly after they opened and I'll take a game in those places any day over Fenway.  Seats that actually face the game?  What a scientific breakthrough!

Those Fenway seats pointed directly out to CF did pay off for me once.  Their concert setup has the stage in CF, so last September for Pearl Jam worked out well.

Fenway was by far the best park I've been to. It just has that feel of a baseball game, and the atmosphere around it on gameday is like a college tailgate it's incredible

The Lightning's stadium floored me though in comparison to the Sabres'. It was just on a whole different level

Interesting question.

NHL: Buffalo - Aud and Marine, Atlanta - Phillips, Carolina, MSG

NBA: Buffalo (Aud), Atlanta (2 - Omni and Phillips)

MLB:  Yankee Stadium, Baltimore, Wrigley, Arizona, Atlanta (3 - Fulton, Turner, Suntrust). Cleveland, Toronto (Exhibition)

NFL: Chicago, Buffalo (War Memorial and Rich), Cleveland, Atlanta (3 - Fulton, The Dome, Mercedes), Jacksonville. Edit: Dallas

NCAA Football - IU, Michigan, OSU, UGA, GaTech.

NCAA Basketball - IU, UGA, GA Tech, UNC, NC St

NCAA Hockey - Miami (OH).

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

NHL: Buffalo - Aud & KBC, Atlanta - Phillips, Dallas - Reunion, Tampa Bay - Fairgrounds (1st game ever)

NBA: Buffalo - Aud, Dallas - ReunionMilwaukee -MECCA Arena

MLB: Montreal - Olympic, Houston - Astrodome, Philly - Veterans, Milwaukee - County Stadium

NFL: Buffalo - Rich (1st game ever), Green Bay - Milwaukee County Stadium, Houston - Astrodome

NCAA Basketball - Marquette - MECCA Arena

College hockey - Clarkson

College football - Syracuse - Carrier Dome, UB - Bailey Ave stadium

NHL:  Aud, Arena, MCI Center, MSG, ACC, Wrigley, Rich.

MLB:  Olympic, Skydome, Jacobs, Camden, Wrigley, Nationals, Citi.

NFL:  Rich, M&T, FedEx.

NBA:  MCI Center.

Edited by Eleven

MLB - Seattle Kingdome, Dodger Stadium, Anaheim, San Diego Jack Murphy and Petco, Arlington Stadium (Rangers old one), Marlins Stadium, Tampa Bay, Twins - Met Stadium, Metrodome, Target Field, Brewers County Stadium, Tigers (new one), Indians Jacobs Field, Orioles Memorial Stadium and Camden Yards, Yankee Stadium old and new, Royals Kauffman Stadium, Rockies Coors Field, Phillies old and new. 

NHL - Minnesota Met Center (North Stars), Excel (Wild), Pittsburgh PPG, Aud, Key Bank, Winnipeg dump in 1980s, Islanders Colosseum, Tampa, MSG, Old Boston Garden, Devils Byrne Arena, Flyers new and old, Caps new and old, Avalanche Pepsi Center

NBA - Bullets Cap Center, Nuggets Pepsi Center

NFL - War Memorial, Rich, Dolphins Joe Robbie, Jets new and old, Ravens, Redskins new and old, Eagles old, LA Raiders Colosseum. I’ve only been to one game that wasn’t a Bills game. I had fun thinking back. Thanks!

Been years but Dodger Stadium has always been #1 for me. 

Edited by bg17
Update

This was a fun exercise.  I have been around more than I thought....All stadiums are the current building unless otherwise specified:

NHL (9):  Buffalo (Aud and current building), Chicago (old Stadium and current building), Philadelphia, Phoenix/Arizona (old building where Suns still play, current building), Detroit (old Joe), Tampa

NBA (6):  Buffalo (don't forget the Braves at the Aud!), Detroit (Palace), Chicago, Phoenix, Milwaukee (Bradley Center and current building)

NFL (10):  Buffalo, Chicago, Arizona, New Orleans, LA Rams (Coliseum), Chargers (Qualcomm and Carson), Minnesota (old dome), Denver, Green Bay

MLB (15) Toronto, Cleveland, Baltimore, Minnesota (old dome), Detroit (old Tiger Stadium), Milwaukee, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Dodger Stadium, Angels Stadium, Yankee Stadium (old and current), Arizona, Atlanta (old Fulton County Stadium), San Diego

NCAA Football (11):  Michigan, Notre Dame, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Penn State, Arizona, Arizona State Stadium (for a bowl game), AZ Cardinals stadium (Fiesta Bowl), AZ Diamondbacks stadium (bowl game), Jerry World in Dallas (for college kickoff classic game)

NCAA Basketball (5):  Michigan, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Arizona, San Antonio Alamo Dome (Final Four)

NCAA Hockey (1): Michigan

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

Let’s see here for me I have been to

NHL: Buffalo Aud and MMA, Atlanta Philips also for NBA, Detroit their old one. 

NFL: Buffalo , Detroit Ford field, Atlanta the old one. 

NBA: Toronto and Detroit the palace 

MLB: Cleveland Old and Jacob’s, Toronto, Boston, Pittsburgh three rivers, NYC Mets and old Yankees, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Chicago both, Baltimore, Detroit old and “new”, and Colorado 

NCAA: U of M the Big house. 

The best was probably Fenway and Wriggle 

The worst was the White Sox stadium 

Edited by bobs0108

NHL - keybank (sabres), pnc (hurricanes)

MLB - pnc (pirates), safeco (mariners), old & new yankee stadium

NBA - cleveland, milwaukee, charlotte and atlanta

NFL - just buffalo but i’ll be going to a few panthers games in charlotte this year

been to t-mobile (vegas) and barclays (brooklyn) and probably a few others but for different sporting events and concerts

Let's try this too: What is the best/your favorite one you've been to? For amenities, atmosphere, etc.

Overall: Fenway

2nd: Tampa Bay Lightning

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

NHL - keybank (sabres), pnc (hurricanes)

MLB - pnc (pirates), safeco (mariners), old & new yankee stadium

NBA - cleveland, milwaukee, charlotte and atlanta

NFL - just buffalo but i’ll be going to a few panthers games in charlotte this year

been to t-mobile (vegas) and barclays (brooklyn) and probably a few others but for different sporting events and concerts

I've never been to a basketball game at any level. Every year I mean to catch one and college basketball comes and goes

Limiting it to the big four sports:

NHL: Aud, Marine Midland/HSBC/First Niagara/KBC, Wells Fargo (Flyers), Shark Tank, Staples (Kings), The Pond (Ducks), Xcel Energy (Wild), American Airlines (Stars), BB&T (Panthers)

AHL: Rosemont Arena (Chicago Wolves), The Dunk (P-Bruins)

ECHL: US Bank (Cincinnati Cyclones)

USHL: Resch Center (Green Bay Gamblers)

MWHL: Hartmeyer Arena (Madison Ice Muskies)

NCAAH: Kohl Center (Wisconsin), Lynah (Cornell)

ACHA: Pepsi Center (UB)

MLB: Miller Park (Brewers), Dodger Stadium, Angels Stadium, Old Yankee Stadium, Qualcomm (Padres), Great American Ballpark (Reds)

MiLB: Pilot Field

FSL: Space Coast Stadium (Brevard County Manatees)

NWL: Warner Park (Madison Mallards)

NFL: Rich/Ralph, Coliseum (Rams)

NCAAF: UB Stadium, Camp Randall (Wisconsin), Rose Bowl

NCAAB: Alumni Arena

Honorable mention: Watkins Glen

Edited by IKnowPhysics

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Let's try this too: What is the best/your favorite one you've been to? For amenities, atmosphere, etc.

Overall: Fenway

2nd: Tampa Bay Lightning

I've never been to a basketball game at any level. Every year I mean to catch one and college basketball comes and goes

Best Amenities:  ACC

Best Atmosphere:  the Aud, maybe the Arena during playoffs.

Worst Amenities:  Rich and it isn't even close.

Worst Atmosphere:  MCI Center.

Edited by Eleven

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Worst Atmosphere:  MCI Center.

It's amazing how a simple little thing like watching a national championship win there can give one a much more pleasant view of an arena.  The only thing I can even think of when that arena comes to mind is a slow motion shot of this goal floating over the goalie's shoulder.  I doubt I'll ever go back and I can live with that.

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

It's amazing how a simple little thing like watching a national championship win there can give one a much more pleasant view of an arena.  The only thing I can even think of when that arena comes to mind is a slow motion shot of this goal floating over the goalie's shoulder.  I doubt I'll ever go back and I can live with that.

Oh the arena itself is fine, but the crowd was never into Caps games when I lived there.  For that matter, they really weren't into Bullets/Wizards games, either.  That's atmosphere to me.

What you saw is truly special, though.

Strictly non-Buffalo pro venues:

Football:
Falcons (Fulton County)
Dolphins (whatever it's called these days)
Jets (Met Life)
Patriots (Sullivan and Gillette)
Ravens (M&T)

Baseball:
Red Sox (Fenway)
Orioles (Memorial Stadium)
Blue Jays (Rogers Skydome)
Dodgers (Dodgers Stadium)

Hockey:
Lightning (Amalie)
Bruins (TD Garden)
Hurricanes (RBC)
Flyers (Spectrum)
Kings (The Forum)

Basketball:
Celtics (TD Garden)

4 hours ago, msw2112 said:

This was a fun exercise.  I have been around more than I thought....All stadiums are the current building unless otherwise specified:

NHL (9):  Buffalo (Aud and current building), Chicago (old Stadium and current building), Philadelphia, Phoenix/Arizona (old building where Suns still play, current building), Detroit (old Joe), Tampa

NBA (6):  Buffalo (don't forget the Braves at the Aud!), Detroit (Palace), Chicago, Phoenix, Milwaukee (Bradley Center and current building)

NFL (10):  Buffalo, Chicago, Arizona, New Orleans, LA Rams (Coliseum), Chargers (Qualcomm and Carson), Minnesota (old dome), Denver, Green Bay

MLB (15) Toronto, Cleveland, Baltimore, Minnesota (old dome), Detroit (old Tiger Stadium), Milwaukee, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Dodger Stadium, Angels Stadium, Yankee Stadium (old and current), Arizona, Atlanta (old Fulton County Stadium), San Diego

NCAA Football (11):  Michigan, Notre Dame, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Penn State, Arizona, Arizona State Stadium (for a bowl game), AZ Cardinals stadium (Fiesta Bowl), AZ Diamondbacks stadium (bowl game), Jerry World in Dallas (for college kickoff classic game)

NCAA Basketball (5):  Michigan, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Arizona, San Antonio Alamo Dome (Final Four)

NCAA Hockey (1): Michigan

This is my list above.  As to the best of the bunch, it's really hard to pick just one.  Some of my favorites (and why):

Wrigley Field (the atmosphere and surrounding neighbhorhood/gameday experience)

Michigan Football - the Big House - atmosphere and tradition - special place that reeks of tradition

Notre Dame Stadium - same as Michigan (although not as big)

Wisconsin Football - Camp Randall - great atmosphere, party scene

Dodger Stadium - beautiful surroundings (mountains, etc.)

Lambeau Field - unique neighborhood setting.  Tailgated on some guys lawn and partied post-game in his garage (everyone welcome).  Really nice people.

Superdome - walking distance from Bourbon Street, great atmosphere

OLD Chicago Stadium - tradition and atmosphere

Arizona Cardinals Stadium in Glendale - State Farm - comfortable place to watch a football game, good sightlines for a modern stadium (and not overdone like Dallas)

Tampa Bay Lightning Arena - Ameile - the surprise of the bunch.  Went in with low expectations, was really impressed.  Great atmosphere and LOVE the outdoor patio with multiple bars for between periods.  Reminded me of the between periods vibe at the old Aud, but outdoors with views of the city lit up at night (and better looking women - and I say this hesitantly, as I don't wish to offend anyone).

Rich/Ralph/New Era - tailgating, party scene, crowd and the most personal memories (and The Aud too, although I was below drinking age when it closed)

Edited by msw2112

Love this thread idea..

MLB: Old Yankee Stadium, New Yankee Stadium, Cleveland, Cincy, Toronto, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Diego but not for a game

NFL: Bills only, I think. Plenty of OSU football games at the Shoe. 

NBA: Cleveland, Orlando

NHL: Buffalo, Toronto, Columbus, LA Kings

• Like (+1) 1

NFL So far the old Rockpile, the Ralph, Baltimore, RFK, the new DC stadium, Foxboro... never seen 60,000+ red headed bastage irishmen in one place before

NCAA: GW, UMASS, Carrier Dome

Baseball: Mets at Shea and Citifield, Yankees both stadiums, New DC Stadium, Camden Yards, Bridgeport Blue Fish, Hudson Valley Renegades, Staten Island Yankees, one of the minor league teams in Fredricksburgh VA

Racing: Richmond Motor Speedway old and new turn 4, The Glen, Monster Mile at Dover Downs, Summitt Point Race Track WV

and Hockey:  The AUD and Keybank arena, the Cap Center and MCI Center, the Garden Bastan, and new TD Garden, MSG, the Prudential Center, the Mullin Center UMass, Amherst College hockey, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Danbury Whale and college tournaments in Danbury.  Lots of High School tournaments in southern Connecticut and Westchester NY, The Apple Core junior A at Brewster.

Basketball: Buffalo Braves, UMAss, GW, Syracuse, GTown

Edited by North Buffalo

Someday I’ll get to all 30 MLB parks...

MLB: OPACY (Orioles), Old Yankee Stadium (Yankees)*, Fenway (BoSox), Sky Dome (Blue Jays), Jacobs Field (Indians), Comerica (Tigers), Angels Stadium of Anaheim (Angels), O. co Coliseum (Athletics), Shea Stadium (Mets)*, Nationals Park (Nationals), Citizens Bank Field (Phillies), Wrigley (Cubs), PNC Park (Pirates), Jack Murphy Stadium (Padres)*, Coors Field (Rockies), AT&T Park (Giants)

Coors, Camden, and PNC are probably my favorites. 

NHL: FNC, Bridgestone Arena (Predators), PNC Center (Hurricanes), Bell Centre (Canadiens), Canadian Tire Centre (Ottawa)

All of them are nicer than FNC

NFL: RWS, First Energy Stadium (Browns), Nissan Stadium (Titans)

No preference

I’ve never been to an NBA game. 

Edited by #freejame
Forgot about Giants

NHL: (6) Buffalo (Aud and Key Bank Arena), Toronto,  Staples/Kings, Anaheim Ducks, TD Garden,

MLB: (28) Angel Stadium, Arizona Stadium, Old Shea/Mets, Citizens Bank Park (and old Vet), Comerica Park (and old Tiger Stadium), Coors Field/Colorado, Dodger Stadium, Fenway Park, Arlington (Rangers), Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Chicago White Sox, Minute Maid Houston, Nationals Park, Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum, Oracle Park/SF (and old Candlestick), Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Petco Park (and old Jack Murphy), PNC Park/ Pittsburgh, Progressive Field/CLE, Rogers Toronto, T-Mobile /Seattle (Safeco), Tropicana Field Tampa Rays, Wrigley Field/ Chicago, Yankee Stadium (Old only)

NFL:  (9) Rich Stadium, Chargers (Qualcomm and Carson), Rams – Coliseum, Arizona, Cleveland Municipal Stadium (Browns or Ravens?), Paul Brown Stadium, Giants Stadium, Veteran Stadium Philly.

NBA:  (3) The Aud/Braves, Staples, The Pond (Clippers played in OC)

Seattle and San Francisco are my two favorite baseball stadiums.  If you cannot make it out west, PNC is nice, and Wrigley has such a tradition.   But the Auditorium will always be the absolute best.   You cannot beat memories of going to your first game with your Dad or concert with your friends. 

NHL - The Aud, KBC, MSG, Nassau Coliseum, Prudential Center, Continental Arena, MCI Center.

NFL - Rich, Giants Stadium (both old and new)(for both the Jets and Giants in each)(and yes, they are different.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.