Crazy trade idea

sweetlou

So Buffalo and Toronto are looking for shake ups after yet another disappointing season.  Buffalo needs a shakeup and identity. Toronto needs a shakeup and cap relief.

Each team has a player that I think would be interesting to package together and send to a Canadian team out West.

Enter Vancouver. They have cap space and a young Swedish center in Elias Peterson.

Vancouver so loved their Sweedish Sedin twins so why not give them the Sweedish Nylander brothers.

How it shakes up in a three way trade.

Vancouver gets William Nylander from Toronto.

Vancouver gets Alex Nylander and Rasmus Ristolainen from Buffalo.

Toronto gets 1st rd #10 2019 pick and Marcus Granlund from Vancouver.  Cap space.

Buffalo gets Jake Virtanen and Troy Stecher from Vancouver.

Buffalo gets Nazem Kadri from Toronto.

How trade looks for each team.

Toronto trades Nazem Kadri and William Nylander for #10 first rd pick and Marcus Granlund.  (This gives them 3rd line center, a first rd pick and cap space)

Vancouver trades Marcus Granlund, Jake Virtanen, Troy Stecher, #10 2019 pick and   for William Nylander, Alex Nylander, and Rasmus Ristolainen. (This gives them 2 more young talented wingers and a #2RD)

Buffalo trades Alex Nylander and Rasmus Ristolainen for Nazem Kadri, Jake Virtanen, and Troy Stecher. (Gives Sabres young but veteran 2nd line center. Also physical winger who can score)

I know its another one of my trade specialties, thoughts????

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Why is this think locked, then unlocked, then locked again?  Are we handing the key to just about anyone now?

My understanding is that each of the OP and the mods has lock/unlock privileges.  I think in this case the OP unlocked it in order to re-name the thread but wasn't able to figure out how to do so, leaving us all with an unbearable situation until a mod came flying in like Arya Stark to rescue the situation from certain death.

• Like (+1) 1

Also not sure Vancouver does it, Nylander boys appear to be underperforming, not a question of talent imo, maybe heart? or drive... not sure but something is missing in those two.  Mostly it appears to show up when they need to take it to the next level and for whatever reason dont seem to be able to... 

Well, I got to here ...

On 4/29/2019 at 12:04 PM, sweetlou said:

Enter Vancouver. They have cap space and a young Swedish center in Elias Peterson.

... and thought you were going to suggest a trade that sent Pettersson to Buffalo.  ?

Compared to that, anything would seem reasonable.  ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.