PSA: AVOID LESEAN MCCOY ON TWITTER RE: ENDGAME

Hoss

18 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If you're that intent on avoiding the spoiler, wouldn't you stay off social media? Maybe get in a bunker somewhere?

some people have to be on social media for work. i am one of those people. luckily i saw it opening night. many people don’t have the money or resources to get the theatre early or ever.

12 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

How many times does someone have to do something that's a dick move or think dick moves are funny to actually be considered a dick? 

And would you like to be the pot or the kettle with the thought policing nonsense? 

Or, people could just not do things for the sole purpose of pissing others off. 

will you marry me?

Just now, Hoss said:

some people have to be on social media for work. i am one of those people. luckily i saw it opening night. many people don’t have the money or resources to get the theatre early or ever.

My grandpa would've be my ass for any of these sentences after he put down his bottle of Jack. 

32 minutes ago, inkman said:

My grandpa would've be my ass for any of these sentences after he put down his bottle of Jack. 

am i allowed to say domestic abuse is a dick move or is that thought policing?

your grandpa would’ve beat you if you walked up to him and said “i am one of those people” with no context? he would’ve beat you for saying there exists people who don’t have money or resources?

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Or, people could just not do things for the sole purpose of pissing others off. 

It read to me like a spontaneous, emotional, in the moment tweet.  Solid meh from me.

And its a friggin movie afterall.  One I haven’t seen yet and still intend to.  Won’t ruin it for me in the slightest.  If anything,  it’ll have me asking, is it happening now?

25 minutes ago, Weave said:

It read to me like a spontaneous, emotional, in the moment tweet. 

this is how i read it. but with the caveat that it's an emotional, in the moment tweet from a selfish idiot using his phone in the movie theatre. or immediately after.

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

it doesn’t mean they ARE *****. it just means they’re being a dick in that moment. i don’t think ink or woods would deny that what they’re doing equates to being a dick in that moment. that’s what the entire purpose of trolling is.

in my experience with them both they’re not *****. we’re all capable of being ***** for a moment, though.

people spent 11 years and countless hours watching 22 movies to get to this point, spending their money on it.... just to have some ignorant douchebag spoil it. there’s nothing funny or entertaining about it, in my opinion.

Again -- you are free to think there's nothing funny about it.  That doesn't make it OK to start name-calling here to those who disagree with you.

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

i like that freeman is mad at me for thought policing but doesn’t realize the concept of deciding people aren’t allowed to put their own emotional energy into movies is also thought policing.

This misses the point by a mile.

4 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

And would you like to be the pot or the kettle with the thought policing nonsense? 

So telling someone not to call other people ***** is the same as calling people *****?  Really?

36 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Again -- you are free to think there's nothing funny about it.  That doesn't make it OK to start name-calling here to those who disagree with you.

wait, so you're saying i'm not free to have thoughts and express them in my own way? can i see your badge, officer?

37 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This misses the point by a mile.

i understand your point. i just don't think you can apply it to one side of any of this without applying it to the other. therefore making it a useless point.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

wait, so you're saying i'm not free to have thoughts and express them in my own way? can i see your badge, officer?

i understand your point. i just don't think you can apply it to one side of any of this without applying it to the other. therefore making it a useless point.

As to the bold — no, you aren’t.  As I’m sure you understand, “I want to express my opinions in my own way” isn’t a free pass to say whatever you want.  

The 2nd paragraph is just gibberish.  

• Like (+1) 1

• Hoss locked this topic