Nate Leaman Providence Coach has Spoken with Sabres

Brawndo

On 4/25/2019 at 2:50 PM, TrueBlueGED said:

Taylor promoted to Sabres HC. Leaman to Roch. Sabrespace implodes. 

If Chris Taylor is named the Sabres head coach, I will be furious...no coach deserves a promotion after getting swept in the playoffs two years in a row.

Thankfully Friedman says Botterill has interest in Sheldon Keefe and has been impressed with him...he should get him at any cost. (Then offer sheet Kapanen.)

EDIT: Source - https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/more-names-starting-surface-sabres-coaching-search

On Friday, Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman joined the Boomer and Warrener in the Morning show on Sportsnet 690 The Fan in Calgary. He provided some insight on what he has heard with the Sabres' coaching search, including a new name that is also becoming a hot name on the market.

"I believe Jacques Martin has interviewed there. I think the Swedish National coach Rikard Grönborg has been interviewed there. I'll tell you something else. I don't think they want to go first time NHL head coach, I don't believe it's their preference, but their American Hockey League team in Rochester, which had a really good season, was juts knocked out in a sweep in the first round of the playoffs by Toronto. That team is coached by Sheldon Keefe. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't at least ask to interview him. I heard they were impressed with the job he did, and I think he's going to enter the picture."

???happy jonah hill GIF

Edited by OhMyDahlin
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Because Rolston wears gardening gloves at practice. Someone took a photo of him at this years frozen four and he still had them on, he had custom made gardening gloves.

Ahhh.. thanks.

I spoke to a Sabres alum this morning with close ties to the Sabres. According to what he has heard Jacques Martin was interviewed for an Assistant Coaching position or Associate coach. If Chris Taylor was the guy we wouldn’t still be talking about this. Rikard Grönborg has not been interviewed. He will be interviewed at or after worlds. Leaman is a possible replacement for Taylor If he gets asked to be an assistant with the Sabres. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tarosays said:

I spoke to a Sabres alum this morning with close ties to the Sabres. According to what he has heard Jacques Martin was interviewed for an Assistant Coaching position or Associate coach. If Chris Taylor was the guy we wouldn’t still be talking about this. Rikard Grönborg has not been interviewed. He will be interviewed at or after worlds. Leaman is a possible replacement for Taylor If he gets asked to be an assistant with the Sabres. 

I hate the idea of Martin as head coach.

I love the idea of Martin as an NHL-savvy lieutenant for an up-and-comer like Keefe or Grönborg 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I hate the idea of Martin as head coach.

I love the idea of Martin as an NHL-savvy lieutenant for an up-and-comer like Keefe or Grönborg 

I've been harping about a Grönborg-Lindy Ruff combo, but Jacques would fill that roll alongside Grönborg too.

So this is just me spitballing. Phil Housley did not have good assistant coaches in year one.year 2 he brought in Steve Smith and their defensive zone systems clashed. There wasn’t good communication in the locker room. We’ve all read the articles. So if you’re seriously considering a guy like Grönborg you want to get him acclimated to the NHL quickly you hire him a well respected Associate coach. That way if it doesn’t work out you can fire him and the Associate takes over.

4 hours ago, Tarosays said:

Seems like what JBOT can't get in quality, he's trying to make up in quantity.  Davis Payne (ex-head coach) and Steve Smith (experienced assistant) didn't help PH much.  And why is JBOT talking to assistants for a head coach he has not selected yet? JBOT has never coached at any level.  Any experienced head coach would want to select his own assistants.  JBOT's desperation is looking like meddling in his eventual head coach's businesses which will most certainly lead to dysfunction.  Select a head coach JBOT and get out of his way or go coach the friggin' team yourself.  I thought the saying was, "Owners own, managers manage, coaches coach, and players play."

Edited by Tondas

31 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Seems like what JBOT can't get in quality, he's trying to make up in quantity.  Davis Payne (ex-head coach) and Steve Smith (experienced assistant) didn't help PH much.  And why is JBOT talking to assistants for a head coach he has not selected yet? JBOT has never coached at any level.  Any experienced head coach would want to select his own assistants.  JBOT's desperation is looking like meddling in his eventual head coach's businesses which will most certainly lead to dysfunction.  Select a head coach JBOT and get out of his way or go coach the friggin' team yourself.  I thought the saying was, "Owners own, managers manage, coaches coach, and players play."

In Buffalo it goes, "Owners own and watch film on players, managers manage and talk to the owner all day, coaches coach and get fired, and players play and get coaches fired."

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.