Round Two: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

LGR4GM

So there’s no confusion about the broadcast team for Tuesday ...

7:00 p.m. on NBCSN: Eastern Conference Game 3 Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets Announcers: Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick, Mike Milbury, Brian Boucher

10:00 p.m. on NBCSN: Western Conference Game 3 San Jose Sharks @ Colorado Avalanche Announcers: Brendan Burke or Chris Cuthbert, Joe Micheletti, Pierre McGuire

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That's an unfortunate Lehner gaffe, right there.

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Then Lehner turns it over behind his own net, giving Carolina the lead mid-way thru the third period.

I’m having flashbacks...

First time head coach Brind'Amour doing alright. I don't like the Canes but they are looking good.

Columbus is my team from what is left. They were bold keeping their UFAs at the deadline plus adding some more for draft picks.

GM Kekkalainen having success, maybe Gronberg could work out in the NHL.

The Lehner turnover was vintage Canes puck luck.  A great play by Aho no doubt, but give him 10 shots at knocking that puck down and he does it maybe once.

I understand that all teams get bandwagon fans when they start winning in the playoffs, but I swear to the almighty that this town has to be among the worst.  It will now be insufferable around here for the next few weeks.  Oh what sweet karma it would be if Canes dmen start dropping like flies just in time for the ECF......

Edited by Claude_Verret
  • Like (+1) 1

These playoffs have been fun to watch, even though the Sabres again "refused" to participate.  The Carolina/Caps series and the ongoing Carolina/Islanders series exemplify how fast, hard hitting hockey should be played.  Wouldn't it be great to see the Sabres do likewise (yawn!)?  We need a coach who truly knows what he's doing and pushes the team to skate hard for 60 minutes, be aggresive, gritty, and hard hitting, forecheck like you mean it, and have a quick puck moving power play.  One can only dream.

For those lamenting the Sabres game..

Keep in mind that the teams in the playoffs never played this way during the regular season, at least not on a routine basis.  The level of intensity that goes into the game during the playoffs changes every team, every year.

It's what makes the playoffs so much fun and the regular season, well, not as much fun.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.