Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LGR4GM

Round Two: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Recommended Posts

I respect that Columbus always seems to take the opportunity to go after the short-handed goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ... said:

Bob's awake!

Awesome.

That was a nice tackle by Chara along the near boards.

But I prefer free jazz while watching hockey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully they called that.  The ref close by couldn't be bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules question. They stopped play for an offsides on the BJs, but the face-off was at the dot just outside their blue line. What's the reason? Maybe that's where the pass came from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed that ending very much so, what a story it would be for Columbus to knock off the B's

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Rules question. They stopped play for an offsides on the BJs, but the face-off was at the dot just outside their blue line. What's the reason? Maybe that's where the pass came from?

That's gotta be the only reason, kinda like a 2 line pass. Intentional, comes back in, so the pass must have been close to the blue line then offsides in the B's zone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SwampD said:

Doc and Milbury make this almost unwatchable.

 

I like Doc.

Millbury makes Rob Ray look like a silver-tongued genius.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a pedantic point… It is offside not offsides. There is an onside and an offside, there are no multiple offsides...

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SDS said:

Just a pedantic point… It is offside not offsides. There is an onside and an offside, there are no multiple offsides...

I was just looking up the rule about faceoff location after an offside play. I couldn't understand why I found so few results when searching for "offside." Turns out the NHL appears to favor "off-side."

Anywho, regarding the faceoff location question that @SwampD had:

83.6 Face-Off Location - For violation of this rule, the play is stopped and
the puck shall be faced-off in the neutral zone at the face-off spot
nearest the attacking zone of the offending team when the violation
occurs as a result of the attacking team carrying the puck over the
attacking blue line, or from the face-off spot in the zone closest to the
point of origin of the shot or pass (even if deflected off an attacking or
defending player or an official).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SDS said:

Just a pedantic point… It is offside not offsides. There is an onside and an offside, there are no multiple offsides...

This is hilarious. I actually thought that when I typed it but had just enough vodka in me to not care.🍸

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I was just looking up the rule about faceoff location after an offside play. I couldn't understand why I found so few results when searching for "offside." Turns out the NHL appears to favor "off-side."

Anywho, regarding the faceoff location question that @SwampD had:

83.6 Face-Off Location - For violation of this rule, the play is stopped and
the puck shall be faced-off in the neutral zone at the face-off spot
nearest the attacking zone of the offending team when the violation
occurs as a result of the attacking team carrying the puck over the
attacking blue line, or from the face-off spot in the zone closest to the
point of origin of the shot or pass (even if deflected off an attacking or
defending player or an official).

That’s it then. The pass was from inside the Jackets’ zone. Not sure if I ever knew that .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SwampD said:

This is hilarious. I actually thought that when I typed it but had just enough vodka in me to not care.🍸

 

The term is routinely butchered in the US in both hockey and soccer. Like irregardless, we hear it so much around here from players and others fans it sounds natural. 

If you watch EPL, they always get it right and usually the better PBP guys in hockey get it right too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carolina being bitten by that injury bug, now. They've been on the good side of that in the playoffs before, of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I wrong for wanting both Carolina and the Islanders to lose? 

Wait who am I kidding... nope, they’re both awful.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused, I thought it was perfectly legal to kick the puck in if it bounces off someone else first.

Edit: Nevermind, TIL only counts if it hits a stick

Edited by skaught

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, skaught said:

I'm confused, I thought it was perfectly legal to kick the puck in if it bounces off someone else first.

 

B9129FA6-B942-4EBE-8704-0AC4E6089DF6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing what a bit of distance will do.  I now enjoy watching Robin Lehner give up terrible goals.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Amazing what a bit of distance will do.  I now enjoy watching Robin Lehner give up terrible goals.  

Can't fault him on goal 2, be interesting to see how he responds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the last ten minutes of Canes win.  Is there a luckier goalie than McIlhenny?  My God the crossbars, goalposts, and open net misses by the Islanders.  

 

I don’t want to see a market like Carolina thrive when most people there are clueless about the game.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

 

B9129FA6-B942-4EBE-8704-0AC4E6089DF6.jpeg

Right on, especially when he kicked it from behind the goal line.   Not a direct attempt to score   

The NHL has terrible rules, and then they have the latitude to interpret them any way they wish.   Carolina’s goalie blew the play and got another break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Can't fault him on goal 2, be interesting to see how he responds. 

Goal one though... woof.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Right on, especially when he kicked it from behind the goal line.   Not a direct attempt to score   

The NHL has terrible rules, and then they have the latitude to interpret them any way they wish.   Carolina’s goalie blew the play and got another break. 

Huh? You can't kick the puck into the net off the goalie. Intent is not in play. Anyway, the rule that is highlighted talks about deflections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...