Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LGR4GM

Round Two: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Recommended Posts

I think it was late in the first or early in the second.  I was busy so had the game on in the background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Frankly I don’t care what it means for the Sabres... I don’t want Dallas to win. Period.

Plus, regardless how some feel about ROR, I’ve liked him from the moment he was drafted. I still do. So I’m rooting for him.

Since we're long out of the race, I care, as that pick may just help us out.... I don't like Dallas or Brett hull, but my Dallas hate doesn't go as far as my leaves /Bruins hate. 

As for ROR, he's a hell of a hockey player and I was sad to see a bad trade executed. Rooting against st Louis for me, is simply draft pick status for the Sabs, but I won't care too much about that series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know this won't be popular, but I'm going to throw this thought out there anyway. Maybe it's time to stop hating Boston and try to be a little more like them.  

I'd love to be a team like Boston, but that wouldn't change the fact that I want them to lose, it's part of Fandom. A game 7 OT winner over Boston because we play like them is a dream, one we're nowhere near. Let me have my hate until our dark days are over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know this won't be popular, but I'm going to throw this thought out there anyway. Maybe it's time to stop hating Boston and try to be a little more like them.  

While I wouldn't mind emulating them it is never ok to stop hating Boston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+++++

In other news ...

The Mooseheads are one win away from playing in the finals and from what I hear Lavoie is having a heck of a playoff.

MUST WIN!!

GO MOOSEHEADS!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Go Islanders! 

Their game reminds me of the Jersey trap.

BORING!

The two teams remaining to me that are fun to watch are (I really hate to say this word) Boston and Carolina.

Don't care who wins, so if the game is boring I just won't watch.

Edited by woods-racer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Query: How should we, as fans, be more like the Bruins?

 

lol. In a sense, we as fans can do absolutely nothing about anything. 

I suppose you can make an argument that we should be more demanding. Really stop going to games, stop watching. Demand more. (bruins fans do have their bar set much higher) But ultimately, it won't matter. We flock back quickly, and when the bar is as low as it is here it doesn't take much and they know it. 

I would just like to have a team more like that. Not the most skilled by any stretch, but one that gives you the maximum they have. One that is focused, determined, resolute. Where players want to be there and stick up for each other every single night. You want a winning culture, there's your role model. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

He pushed him right into the goalie 

Probably should have been no goal, but no penalty as well.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Their game reminds me of the Jersey trap.

BORING!

The two teams remaining to me that are fun to watch are (I really hate to say this word) Boston and Carolina.

Don't care who wins, so if the game is boring I just won't watch.

It's like a Sabres-Devils 1994 playoff game tonight! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That was a great hockey game 

I hate Carolina, but you are right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

 

Whoa, burn haha 

 

Last night there was a 4 min high stick in the Carolina/Isles game. Now, it was a penalty but it went unseen. No penalty called even after huddling, then they spotted blood and made the call. It was odd, the right call was made. But the officials this year absolutley suck, if you don't see it, don't call it. Simple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 3:09 PM, Drunkard said:

While I wouldn't mind emulating them it is never ok to stop hating Boston.

It's been so long since we had a meaningful rivalry with them they really don't bother me that much anymore.

Same for Montreal, who I used to despise as a kid.  

I actually like the traditional Boston approach to hockey and love Patrice Bergeron as a player, so it's kind of easy to cheer for them in these playoffs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Whoa, burn haha 

 

Last night there was a 4 min high stick in the Carolina/Isles game. Now, it was a penalty but it went unseen. No penalty called even after huddling, then they spotted blood and made the call. It was odd, the right call was made. But the officials this year absolutley suck, if you don't see it, don't call it. Simple

And I thought the complete opposite.

 

Good on them for doing what was right and not changing the out come by not calling penalties that should be called by swallowing the whistle because it post season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

It's been so long since we had a meaningful rivalry with them they really don't bother me that much anymore.

Same for Montreal, who I used to despise as a kid.  

I actually like the traditional Boston approach to hockey and love Patrice Bergeron as a player, so it's kind of easy to cheer for them in these playoffs.

 

 

My two favorite teams are Buffalo and whoever is playing Boston. Even when Buffalo doesn't have a team, like baseball and basketball, I still hate Boston.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc and Milbury make this almost unwatchable.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

And I thought the complete opposite.

 

Good on them for doing what was right and not changing the out come by not calling penalties that should be called by swallowing the whistle because it post season.

I'm ok with the right call being made, but only if it's uniform, seeing the Vegas series and then this, its been so inconsistent. 

I'd rather have the game be uniform when it comes to review, make it goals/penalties/offsides, or let the game be the game and let human error be part of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I have the Columbus game volume muted and I'm listening to this while watching the game.  Sort of meshes...

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...