Round Two: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

LGR4GM

I watched the entire game.  The checking was smothering.  The dedication to checking was obvious.  Hitting was nonstop.  PH said this year that he liked the way the Sabres played in a lot of the games.  I watched every Sabres game and I never saw checking or hitting (except for that 3 minute stretch in 1 game) by the Sabres like I did by either team today.  It was discouraging in 2 ways:

1.  That PH thought that the team was checking and hitting well at any time, and

2.  We have sooo far to go to be a playoff ready team.

Glad it's JBOTs problem.

28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Huh? You can't kick the puck into the net off the goalie. Intent is not in play. Anyway, the rule that is highlighted talks about deflections.

Yep. It was the right call.

And I didn’t highlight that part. Just something I grabbed from the interwebz.

29 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I like watching Zadarov play. I wish he was still on the team instead of Tage.

Talk to Avs fans.... he makes soooo many low IQ plays and penalties plus he plays almost exclusively on the bottom paring. If you can live with that, sure he plays with a snarl and that’s nice to have.

36 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Talk to Avs fans.... he makes soooo many low IQ plays and penalties plus he plays almost exclusively on the bottom paring. If you can live with that, sure he plays with a snarl and that’s nice to have.

Fans say a lot of dumb *****.

58 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Fans say a lot of dumb *****.

What I mean by that is ... a lot of Avs fans don’t like him like he’s some very good Dman. Those that watch the team 82+ games a year I think have a better grasp on the roster than those that don’t. It’s not at all about fans “say dumb things” and dismissing all of them outright.

If you get a chance to watch 15-20 Avs games you’ll quickly see he doesn’t make smart decisions and takes dumb penalties rather often. It’s gets old and tiring quickly. And he doesn’t contribute offensively very much. He’s a dime a dozen bottom paring Dman who likes to take the body. Yes, we all like his snarl and the Sabres could always use that. That’s kinda the beginning and ending of Zadorov. I’m personally glad he was traded away.

to each his/her own ...

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What I mean by that is ... a lot of Avs fans don’t like him like he’s some very good Dman. Those that watch the team 82+ games a year I think have a better grasp on the roster than those that don’t. It’s not at all about fans “say dumb things” and dismissing all of them outright.

If you get a chance to watch 15-20 Avs games you’ll quickly see he doesn’t make smart decisions and takes dumb penalties rather often. It’s gets old and tiring quickly. And he doesn’t contribute offensively very much. He’s a dime a dozen bottom paring Dman who likes to take the body. Yes, we all like his snarl and the Sabres could always use that. That’s kinda the beginning and ending of Zadorov. I’m personally glad he was traded away.

to each his/her own ...

I know what you were saying. And Risto sux and Pilut is the 2nd coming of zone exits but can be a -4 in a game. I get it. 

Fans want perfect players. But perfect is the enemy of good.

There are a lot of good players that fans jump on because they are not perfect.

They need to get over it.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I know what you were saying. And Risto sux and Pilut is the 2nd coming of zone exits but can be a -4 in a game. I get it. 

Fans want perfect players. But perfect is the enemy of good.

There are a lot of good players that fans jump on because they are not perfect.

They need to get over it.

Then I guess every one who watches sports need to “get over it” because every one who watches sports complain about most players and the grass is always greener when fans watch other rosters with rose colored glasses.

such is the life of a FANatic haha 

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Wtf you talking about, he plays beside Tyson Barrie.   He is exactly what our D is missing. Big strong walls to play beside our slighter puck movers. This is why I have issues with the Montour/Dahlin idea. As he develops, Dahlin should be paired with a solid defender, not an offensive guy. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wtf you talking about, he plays beside Tyson Barrie.   He is exactly what our D is missing. Big strong walls to play beside our slighter puck movers. This is why I have issues with the Montour/Dahlin idea. As he develops, Dahlin should be paired with a solid defender, not an offensive guy. 

To be fair, I think this was more of a Housley issue. But time will tell. 

I'm torn on the west, I don't mind Colorado nor do I mind San Jose. Colorado has one a cup, SJ, no.... So being a sabres fan mainly, I don't want to see other franchises win a cup before us. 

Then again, I can't stomach seeing Carolina win another. 

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Regular season analysis/article from November. Not from a snapshot in time in the playoffs.

https://www.milehighhockey.com/2018/11/15/18095646/nikita-zadorov-uncertain-future-with-the-colorado-avalanche-trade-rumor-nhl-defenseman-ice-time-fit

as I have said, yes it would be nice to have Zadorovs snarl and sandpaper. But not at the expense of what else he brings the team. It’s easy to like a player from a distance when you don’t watch him often. For me, if he became available ... hard pass. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Zamboni

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with this TV crew.  We've got Kenny Albert, who wouldn't know a puck from a cheeseburger; some unnamed woman who seems to know what's up and who actually is on point; and Milbury.  And  of course the two idiots are crowding her out of the conversation.  What is this version of hell?

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with this TV crew.  We've got Kenny Albert, who wouldn't know a puck from a cheeseburger; some unnamed woman who seems to know what's up and who actually is on point; and Milbury.  And  of course the two idiots are crowding her out of the conversation.  What is this version of hell?

Do you mean Pierre McGuire, and not Milbury?

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The um ... “unnamed” woman is actually a well known Olympic winner...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Mleczko

shes been working for nbc all season long. Has done color for many many games

Edited by Zamboni

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Do you mean Pierre McGuire, and not Milbury?

Milbury.  It's a three-person deal, with Kenny Albert in the lead.

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

The um ... “unnamed” woman is actually a well known Olympic winner...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Mleczko

shes been working for nbc all season long. Has done color for many many games

Well, she's the best person on the broadcast, medal or no.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.