Round Two: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

LGR4GM

Enjoyed that ending very much so, what a story it would be for Columbus to knock off the B's

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Rules question. They stopped play for an offsides on the BJs, but the face-off was at the dot just outside their blue line. What's the reason? Maybe that's where the pass came from?

That's gotta be the only reason, kinda like a 2 line pass. Intentional, comes back in, so the pass must have been close to the blue line then offsides in the B's zone 

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

Just a pedantic point… It is offside not offsides. There is an onside and an offside, there are no multiple offsides...

I was just looking up the rule about faceoff location after an offside play. I couldn't understand why I found so few results when searching for "offside." Turns out the NHL appears to favor "off-side."

Anywho, regarding the faceoff location question that @SwampD had:

83.6 Face-Off Location - For violation of this rule, the play is stopped and
the puck shall be faced-off in the neutral zone at the face-off spot
nearest the attacking zone of the offending team when the violation
occurs as a result of the attacking team carrying the puck over the
attacking blue line, or from the face-off spot in the zone closest to the
point of origin of the shot or pass (even if deflected off an attacking or
defending player or an official).

19 minutes ago, SDS said:

Just a pedantic point… It is offside not offsides. There is an onside and an offside, there are no multiple offsides...

This is hilarious. I actually thought that when I typed it but had just enough vodka in me to not care.?

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I was just looking up the rule about faceoff location after an offside play. I couldn't understand why I found so few results when searching for "offside." Turns out the NHL appears to favor "off-side."

Anywho, regarding the faceoff location question that @SwampD had:

83.6 Face-Off Location - For violation of this rule, the play is stopped and
the puck shall be faced-off in the neutral zone at the face-off spot
nearest the attacking zone of the offending team when the violation
occurs as a result of the attacking team carrying the puck over the
attacking blue line, or from the face-off spot in the zone closest to the
point of origin of the shot or pass (even if deflected off an attacking or
defending player or an official).

That’s it then. The pass was from inside the Jackets’ zone. Not sure if I ever knew that .

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

This is hilarious. I actually thought that when I typed it but had just enough vodka in me to not care.?

The term is routinely butchered in the US in both hockey and soccer. Like irregardless, we hear it so much around here from players and others fans it sounds natural. 

If you watch EPL, they always get it right and usually the better PBP guys in hockey get it right too. 

I watched the last ten minutes of Canes win.  Is there a luckier goalie than McIlhenny?  My God the crossbars, goalposts, and open net misses by the Islanders.  

I don’t want to see a market like Carolina thrive when most people there are clueless about the game.  

49 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

B9129FA6-B942-4EBE-8704-0AC4E6089DF6.jpeg

Right on, especially when he kicked it from behind the goal line.   Not a direct attempt to score   

The NHL has terrible rules, and then they have the latitude to interpret them any way they wish.   Carolina’s goalie blew the play and got another break. 

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Right on, especially when he kicked it from behind the goal line.   Not a direct attempt to score   

The NHL has terrible rules, and then they have the latitude to interpret them any way they wish.   Carolina’s goalie blew the play and got another break. 

Huh? You can't kick the puck into the net off the goalie. Intent is not in play. Anyway, the rule that is highlighted talks about deflections.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.