Round Two: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

LGR4GM

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Frankly I don’t care what it means for the Sabres... I don’t want Dallas to win. Period.

Plus, regardless how some feel about ROR, I’ve liked him from the moment he was drafted. I still do. So I’m rooting for him.

Since we're long out of the race, I care, as that pick may just help us out.... I don't like Dallas or Brett hull, but my Dallas hate doesn't go as far as my leaves /Bruins hate. 

As for ROR, he's a hell of a hockey player and I was sad to see a bad trade executed. Rooting against st Louis for me, is simply draft pick status for the Sabs, but I won't care too much about that series. 

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know this won't be popular, but I'm going to throw this thought out there anyway. Maybe it's time to stop hating Boston and try to be a little more like them.  

I'd love to be a team like Boston, but that wouldn't change the fact that I want them to lose, it's part of Fandom. A game 7 OT winner over Boston because we play like them is a dream, one we're nowhere near. Let me have my hate until our dark days are over. 

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know this won't be popular, but I'm going to throw this thought out there anyway. Maybe it's time to stop hating Boston and try to be a little more like them.  

While I wouldn't mind emulating them it is never ok to stop hating Boston.

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Go Islanders! 

Their game reminds me of the Jersey trap.

BORING!

The two teams remaining to me that are fun to watch are (I really hate to say this word) Boston and Carolina.

Don't care who wins, so if the game is boring I just won't watch.

Edited by woods-racer

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Query: How should we, as fans, be more like the Bruins?

lol. In a sense, we as fans can do absolutely nothing about anything. 

I suppose you can make an argument that we should be more demanding. Really stop going to games, stop watching. Demand more. (bruins fans do have their bar set much higher) But ultimately, it won't matter. We flock back quickly, and when the bar is as low as it is here it doesn't take much and they know it. 

I would just like to have a team more like that. Not the most skilled by any stretch, but one that gives you the maximum they have. One that is focused, determined, resolute. Where players want to be there and stick up for each other every single night. You want a winning culture, there's your role model. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Their game reminds me of the Jersey trap.

BORING!

The two teams remaining to me that are fun to watch are (I really hate to say this word) Boston and Carolina.

Don't care who wins, so if the game is boring I just won't watch.

It's like a Sabres-Devils 1994 playoff game tonight! 

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Whoa, burn haha 

Last night there was a 4 min high stick in the Carolina/Isles game. Now, it was a penalty but it went unseen. No penalty called even after huddling, then they spotted blood and made the call. It was odd, the right call was made. But the officials this year absolutley suck, if you don't see it, don't call it. Simple

On 4/26/2019 at 3:09 PM, Drunkard said:

While I wouldn't mind emulating them it is never ok to stop hating Boston.

It's been so long since we had a meaningful rivalry with them they really don't bother me that much anymore.

Same for Montreal, who I used to despise as a kid.  

I actually like the traditional Boston approach to hockey and love Patrice Bergeron as a player, so it's kind of easy to cheer for them in these playoffs.

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Whoa, burn haha 

Last night there was a 4 min high stick in the Carolina/Isles game. Now, it was a penalty but it went unseen. No penalty called even after huddling, then they spotted blood and made the call. It was odd, the right call was made. But the officials this year absolutley suck, if you don't see it, don't call it. Simple

And I thought the complete opposite.

Good on them for doing what was right and not changing the out come by not calling penalties that should be called by swallowing the whistle because it post season.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

It's been so long since we had a meaningful rivalry with them they really don't bother me that much anymore.

Same for Montreal, who I used to despise as a kid.  

I actually like the traditional Boston approach to hockey and love Patrice Bergeron as a player, so it's kind of easy to cheer for them in these playoffs.

My two favorite teams are Buffalo and whoever is playing Boston. Even when Buffalo doesn't have a team, like baseball and basketball, I still hate Boston.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

And I thought the complete opposite.

Good on them for doing what was right and not changing the out come by not calling penalties that should be called by swallowing the whistle because it post season.

I'm ok with the right call being made, but only if it's uniform, seeing the Vegas series and then this, its been so inconsistent. 

I'd rather have the game be uniform when it comes to review, make it goals/penalties/offsides, or let the game be the game and let human error be part of it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.