Tyler Myers anyone?

\GoBillsInDallas/

Ironic being interested in Myers since he was Risto'd around here 1st before Risto.

I can just see if we trade Risto that in 5 years a new thread will pop up titled 'Risto anyone?'

But in all seriousness while i think Myers is a good dman, I don't think he'd even want to come here first of all, nor do I think it'd be a good fit.

He's prone to making mental mistakes from time to time & needs to be paired with someone who can clean up, which sounds a lot like what we have currently. We need more d that can clean up so to speak. Risto & Myers are too closely related, both in their careers here in Buffalo & in what they provide on the ice.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd definitely consider it. For the right price. I think he'd pair better with Dahlin than Montour does. Ultimately I'd like to see some more solid defenders on our pairings and create some stability. One of the issues I had with Housley was the constant pair switchings. Now maybe it helped develop Dahlin as he was exposed to different guys (maybe) but I think it'd be better to have solid pairs (when healthy) that can communicate better and know their responsibilities. Myers isn't perfect, but he's not bad either. 

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd definitely consider it. For the right price. I think he'd pair better with Dahlin than Montour does. Ultimately I'd like to see some more solid defenders on our pairings and create some stability. One of the issues I had with Housley was the constant pair switchings. Now maybe it helped develop Dahlin as he was exposed to different guys (maybe) but I think it'd be better to have solid pairs (when healthy) that can communicate better and know their responsibilities. Myers isn't perfect, but he's not bad either. 

Yup.

Too many people penciling in Dahlin - Montour as the top-pairing.

It needs to be...

Dahlin - ?
? - Montour
Pilut - ?

One puck-mover on each pairing, now find one stay-at-home guy for each pairing...that's the smart way to do it, those kids will flourish in that kind of setup.

(Which is why Borgen is perfect for Dahlin...but until he's ready maybe Stralman would be a good stop-gap for a couple years, he did wonders for Hedman.)

Edited by OhMyDahlin
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

He's a UFA and the Jets don't have the salary cap room to sign him.

That ship has sailed long ago my friend...the fact his best season in the NHL by almost any metric was his first one says a lot about him, and none of it is good.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

Too many people penciling in Dahlin - Montour as the top-pairing.

It needs to be...

Dahlin - ?
? - Montour
Pilut - ?

One puck-mover on each pairing, now find one stay-at-home guy for each pairing...that's the smart way to do it, those kids will flourish in that kind of setup.

(Which is why Borgen is perfect for Dahlin...but until he's ready maybe Stralman would be a good stop-gap for a couple years, he did wonders for Hedman.)

We agree almost entirely but my view is also that we need a coach who will rebuild Risto and make him into (demand he be) the grittier stay at home guy. I think he could be very very good in a role where he is not the main guy and not the guy expected to carry the play. Is it too late for him? Maybe, and if we can trade him for a solid 2C ok, but otherwise I'd like to see that philosophy or attempt.

Where we disagree is on Pilut. Defensive liability and I'm not really convinced he is the best option. A newer option, skilled puck mover, but not necessarily the best option. Definitely hoping for Borgen to emerge. Definitely.  

Edited by PerreaultForever

On 4/23/2019 at 2:46 PM, PerreaultForever said:

He's great in the O zone but horrible in the other two...I really hope Chevy doesn't extend him just because Trouba won't sign...I really don't want to see him giving the puck away in his own zone any more unless he isn't wearing a Jets' jersey...I also think he gets at least his current AAV of 5.5m in free agency.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.