Vezina Trophy Finalists

primeme

Vas is in it because of wins, not because he is that great.  JJ despite the current appearances, I don't think O'Reilly and Eichel could have stayed in the same room... that being said... JBOTs showed his inexperience and could have played his hand a lot better and told O'Reilly to stow it and man up. I still think he O'Reilly, is an arrogant puke who can't handle being challenged as well as his alcohol. 

Edited by North Buffalo

44 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

So Lehner nominated for Vezina and O'Reilly nominated for Selke. In the meantime the Sabres are stuck with Hutton (a career backup), Sobotka, Tage and Berglund who left. 

Can somebody explain to me why Botterill still has a job?

I'm sorry. That was not part of the discussion. Avoid my post. 

Why not delete it if you want us to avoid it

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Vas is in it because of wins, not because he is that great.  JJ despite the current appearances, I don't think O'Reilly and Eichel could have stayed in the same room... that being said... JBOTs showed his inexperience and could have played his hand a lot better and told O'Reilly to stow it and man up. I still think he O'Reilly, is an arrogant puke who can't handle being challenged as well as his alcohol. 

If this was really the case, both need to grow the ***** up and then read about the success of the Kobe/Shaq Lakers teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JJFIVEOH said:

So Lehner nominated for Vezina and O'Reilly nominated for Selke. In the meantime the Sabres are stuck with Hutton (a career backup), Sobotka, Tage and Berglund who left. 

Can somebody explain to me why Botterill still has a job?

I'm sorry. That was not part of the discussion. Avoid my post. 

Lehner’s Qualifying Offer from the Sabres would have been 4 million dollar as a RFA this season. 

He ended the season in an alcohol rehab center, was intoxicated for some games and flatly refused to participate in shoot outs during practice. 

And out of the entire league only the Islanders were willing to offer him a low risk deal of one year 1.5 Million Dollars, so its not as if the league was clamoring to pounce on him. 

Also compared Griess and Lehner’s Numbers they are close enough that Trotz’s System deserves the credit. 

And yes the ROR is bad, but it is not completed yet. It’s probably going to be ROR for Montour, Thompson and a 2nd. 

Thats slightly better then the initial return. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 4/21/2019 at 12:33 PM, Brawndo said:

Lehner’s Qualifying Offer from the Sabres would have been 4 million dollar as a RFA this season. 

He ended the season in an alcohol rehab center, was intoxicated for some games and flatly refused to participate in shoot outs during practice. 

And out of the entire league only the Islanders were willing to offer him a low risk deal of one year 1.5 Million Dollars, so its not as if the league was clamoring to pounce on him. 

Also compared Griess and Lehner’s Numbers they are close enough that Trotz’s System deserves the credit. 

And yes the ROR is bad, but it is not completed yet. It’s probably going to be ROR for Montour, Thompson and a 2nd. 

Thats slightly better then the initial return. 

50/50 it's a top-20 pick instead of Montour. We shall see. 

Edit - Actually probably better than 50/50 (that it's a pick). Even if the Blues win, there's probably a decent likelihood they finish above San Jose then and the SJ pick still goes to Anaheim. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.