Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MODO Hockey

World Championship 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

All I can find is a video stream with no sound.  I'd actually prefer an audio stream with no video to that, since I'm at work.  If anyone has a legal full AV or audio only stream, please post it--thanks!

I think the games are on YouTube on the IIHF channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steveoath said:

I think the games are on YouTube on the IIHF channel.

All I get are highlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

 

This will be useful for next game.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eleven said:

All I get are highlights.

Weird. I have the notifications on for alerting me to the streams, but I can't watch em cos there's a blackout in the UK. But using Newpipe (legit open source YouTube viewer) I can watch them. 

 

Edit: looks like only select matches are kept online. Bummer.

Edited by steveoath
Stupidity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Weird. I have the notifications on for alerting me to the streams, but I can't watch em cos there's a blackout in the UK. But using Newpipe (legit open source YouTube viewer) I can watch them. 

 

Edit: looks like only select matches are kept online. Bummer.

I think there's a blackout here because NHL Network holds the rights.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I think there's a blackout here because NHL Network holds the rights.  

Could be.  NHLN is rebroadcasting US Finland tonight at 9PM.  In a worst case, you should be able to watch it at (716) or other sports bars then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dudacek said:

Reinhart with 2

He hasn't looked great overall though. Neither has Eichel. See what happens now that its the elimination round but I suspect the Russians will roll over the U.S. and that'll be it for Jack. Sam may still have time to shine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada tie game with .04 seconds remaining Score in o/t to win 3-2 over Swiss.  

Russia 4 USA 3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Canada was lucky. Stone is by far the best player on their roster. 

Yes very much so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 2:41 AM, PerreaultForever said:

He hasn't looked great overall though. Neither has Eichel. See what happens now that its the elimination round but I suspect the Russians will roll over the U.S. and that'll be it for Jack. Sam may still have time to shine. 

Jack Eichel has been very good in the tournament. Idk what you're watching. Maybe it's those pessimism glasses. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Eichel has been very good in the tournament. Idk what you're watching. Maybe it's those pessimism glasses. 

Hell, some people I've seen on hfboards say that he was the best consistent US player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Hell, some people I've seen on hfboards say that he was the best consistent US player 

He played well. As Tournament went on Jack Hughes did as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Eichel has been very good in the tournament. Idk what you're watching. Maybe it's those pessimism glasses. 

26th in scoring so is that good enough for you? I'll give you this, it's more than Sam. Kane was the best US player unless you talk goaltending. 

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/skaters/scoringleaders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

26th in scoring so is that good enough for you? I'll give you this, it's more than Sam. Kane was the best US player unless you talk goaltending. 

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/skaters/scoringleaders

He's 23rd in scoring actually. He's 3rd for team usa. Had the same number of points as Draisaitl. And was 2 points from being tied for 13th in points.  So to answer your question, yes it is good enough. It's almost like I watched the games and know that in a short tournament points aren't everything to judge a player by. Especially team usa top center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He's 23rd in scoring actually. He's 3rd for team usa. Had the same number of points as Draisaitl. And was 2 points from being tied for 13th in points.  So to answer your question, yes it is good enough. It's almost like I watched the games and know that in a short tournament points aren't everything to judge a player by. Especially team usa top center. 

Right, 3rd on team USA but given the level of competition, the absence of top players still playing or not participating, imo he should be dominant. He's good, but not great. Half empty half full you can phrase it however it lets you sleep better at night or whatever but my point is I look at the talent on our team and compare top players to other top players and how many top players we have and I simply do not see how ANY coach will save us in the short term. We have to add MORE TALENT soon, or we will not be good enough again. 

I also notice you focused your rebuttal on Eichel, and chose to ignore Sam's world performance entirely. He is our 2nd best player unless Skinner signs and he has been very underwhelming for Canada. Is that good enough? I think not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Right, 3rd on team USA but given the level of competition, the absence of top players still playing or not participating, imo he should be dominant. He's good, but not great. Half empty half full you can phrase it however it lets you sleep better at night or whatever but my point is I look at the talent on our team and compare top players to other top players and how many top players we have and I simply do not see how ANY coach will save us in the short term. We have to add MORE TALENT soon, or we will not be good enough again. 

I also notice you focused your rebuttal on Eichel, and chose to ignore Sam's world performance entirely. He is our 2nd best player unless Skinner signs and he has been very underwhelming for Canada. Is that good enough? I think not. 

Our 2nd best player is Rasmus Dahlin. Considering Canada produces the best hockey talent in the world, I am not the least upset that on a team filled with that talent Reinhart isn't the top guy. 

My entire problem with your argument is I think it is lacks any depth. International ice and an 8 game tourney and you are all bent out of shape about it. Guess Dominik Kubalik should be an NHL player because he outscored Eichel and Reinhart in a tourney in Europe. We should probably trade all our guys for him. We should trade Reinhart for Jan Kovar, he had more points. 

Reinhart had 5 points in 8 games. Seems pretty decent for a short tournament. Here is the list of guys that outscored him:

1.Anthony Mantha 

2.Mark Stone 

3.Jonathan Marchessault 

4.Kyle Turris 

5.Pierre-Luc Dubois

6.Shea Theodore 

7.Thomas Chabot 

Did they get more powerplay time? Did they get more ice time? Did they get more offensive zone starts? Did they have better linemates? Was Reinhart asked to be a defense first player? All information we don't have. Also at the end of the day if he wasn't as good as this list, I'm not too freaked out by that with the exception of Turris. 

Eichel was 3rd on team USA behind Patrick Kane and 1 behind Debrincat. Guessing that Eichel had more defensive responsibilities than the 2 wingers. 

Thomas Chabot isn't as good as Hronek because Hronek had more points in this thing. 

Dahlin is worse than all of them because he didn't participate. My point is you can try and turn this around on me but I don't actually care, because I think your initial premise is deeply flawed, easily dismissed, and one of the boringest attempts at pessimism I have seen. Everyone knows we need to add more talent but shitting on Reinhart and Eichel is just dumb, they are the talent as you note. 

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Our 2nd best player is Rasmus Dahlin.

Did they get more powerplay time? Did they get more ice time? Did they get more offensive zone starts? Did they have better linemates? Was Reinhart asked to be a defense first player? All information we don't have. Also at the end of the day if he wasn't as good as this list, I'm not too freaked out by that with the exception of Turris. 

 

 

Dahlin will be our best player imo but I wasn't talking about him obviously. He's a kid and him and Casey both needed time off after their first long season exposure. I have no problem with him not being there. Not relevant. 

Reinhart was not in a defensive role, he was in a scoring role and his "quiet start to the tourney" was commented on by TSN announcers. That's a nice diplomatic way of saying he was not doing much. His ice time has shrunk as a result of his play. Process that however you want to. I know full well its an international tournament and its different from the nhl blah blah blah (all obvious) but this is/was also a chance for them to show their extra gears if they have them, a chance to play for something, to win games rather than lose them. I want to see what they have to offer on a big stage in meaningful games and this was that. I hoped for more.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

My point is you can try and turn this around on me but I don't actually care, because I think your initial premise is deeply flawed, easily dismissed, and one of the boringest attempts at pessimism I have seen. Everyone knows we need to add more talent but shitting on Reinhart and Eichel is just dumb, they are the talent as you note. 

 

You want "boring", boring is resorting to lame personal attacks on people who disagree with you. You don't like my argument, you think it's flawed, that's fine, but falling back on the sentences above is truly lame and boring and the sign of a weak intellect. Don't read me if you don't like me I really don't care, but spare me and the board the rest.

The key point to the entire argument is we do not have enough talent. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam is getting some positive vibes of winning hockey games. That may end as early as today but he is taking away some positives.

His game may not translate well to the big ice. No way Willy Nylander is light years ahead of Sam in the NHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...