Free Agent Contract Projections

Brawndo

46 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Could you imagine if the Sabres signed that haul.... anyway they can still sign Skinner or are you assuming hes gone? 

I'm not overpaying for Skinner, I would rather have Duchene at 7.5 AAV then Skinner at anything above 8 AAV.

I would even pay Duchene up to 8.5 for 7 years and solve our 2nd line center.  Either keep Mitts on 3rd line center or move him up to LW.

13 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Unless this spread sheet gets updated daily I am seeing different projections.

Skinner 7 yrs/8.2 AAV

Hayes 4 yrs/5.6 AAV

Duchene 6 yrs/6.9 AAV ** this one is the same

Just out of curiosity , how are you calculating your numbers? 

On 4/19/2019 at 4:52 PM, Brawndo said:

Matt Cane used to put out annual projections of how much RFAs and UFAs would get with their next deal and he was usually very close with their actual deal. Cane was hired by a NHL Team and no longer does public work so Evolving Wild another analytics site has taken over this role. 

Some notable projections 

Skinner 8/9.1AAV

Kevin Hayes 8/8.1 AAV 

Matt Duchene 6/6.9 AAV 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15E1qqh3OfHvvhbv_pICfKT7VR1jJEVhWQOyKviWLN54/htmlview

How in the world does Hayes get more than Duchene??? With all due respect, that is comical.

If I can sign Duchene AND a winger like Eberle for only $3-$4M more than what it would cost to keep Skinner...sign me up for that in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Actually, I wouldn't want Eberle...I'd rather have Dzingel or another winger.

Edited by OhMyDahlin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.