U18 World Championships, 2019

LGR4GM

1st 4 US goals: Hughes, Boldy, Turcotte, Caufield (he also had the 6th).

Caufield has 9 goals in 3 games. (also 2 assists to lead the tourney w 11 points.)

Boldy has 7 helpers with 2 goals.

Turcotte 3g with 5 helpers

(Hughes is 5 and 5 for 10 pts)

.... and those are the top 4 scorers in the U18 so far.  

I guess we'll get someone who can play hockey at 7.  Despite Caufield's goals, I still want Boldy at 7.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Caufield has 9 goals in 3 games. (also 2 assists to lead the tourney w 11 points.)

I guess we'll get someone who can play hockey at 7.  Despite Caufield's goals, I still want Boldy at 7.

That is of the US players... interesting to see how the Canadian kids are shaping up...

26 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

That is of the US players... interesting to see how the Canadian kids are shaping up...

What do you mean?

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Boldy or Turcotte 

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Everyone is talking about the top US players at 7 in the draft for Sabres... just interested if any of the Canadian players would be worthwhile there?

Well, there's only 2 options. Cozens or Dach. 1 is likely gone and right now, Boldy and Turcotte are making a strong argument not to take the leftover. 

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion considering the record setting goal scoring pace of Caufield but I think Boldy has been 2nd best player in tourney behind Hughes 

I agree. Granted I missed a game. 

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Got it and like the way both are playing... you know more about the talent in the draft then me, but there always seems to be some shifting around toward the end of the draft and was just wondering how tight these rankings are?

3-9 are fluid. They could go almost in any order. I'd guess Byram will go closer to the front. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Well, there's only 2 options. Cozens or Dach. 1 is likely gone and right now, Boldy and Turcotte are making a strong argument not to take the leftover. 

Krebs!  I think he is right there with Cozens, Dach, Boldy and Zegras.

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

9 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

The 4 Americans are the top 4 scorers from all countries after 3 games.  There are 5 players tied for 5th with 6 points including the 3 top Canadians Krebs, Cozens, and Newhook

15 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Krebs!  I think he is right there with Cozens, Dach, Boldy and Zegras.

Yea he is. Zegras has slid a bit for me. I see the talent and the pop but unlike Boldy, he just doesn't always transfer that to good plays and production. 

Top 20 in points through this weekend. 

308898942_u18worlds2019.thumb.PNG.d5c2a317c44fffb0abb2215c119cae2a.PNG

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea he is. Zegras has slid a bit for me. I see the talent and the pop but unlike Boldy, he just doesn't always transfer that to good plays and production. 

Top 20 in points through this weekend. 

308898942_u18worlds2019.thumb.PNG.d5c2a317c44fffb0abb2215c119cae2a.PNG

Of those players, who is eligible for next years draft? There’s some names I don’t recognize and am wondering if they’re later round guys or next year guys. 

12 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Of those players, who is eligible for next years draft? There’s some names I don’t recognize and am wondering if they’re later round guys or next year guys. 

Zion Nybeck is not. Everyone else is. I assume you mean this years draft? If not Nybeck is a 2020 draft eligible player. 

Edited by LGR4GM

So let me put the US team in perspective compared to last year. 

In 2018 at the u18 Worlds, the highest scoring player was Jack Hughes with 12 points. The most goals was Niklas Nordgren with 8 goals. Both of those point totals are through 7 games. 

This year, Caufield already has 9goals and 11 points. Hughes has 10pts, Boldy 9, Turcotte 8 and they have only played 3 games.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.