Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

It's almost like that when a player gets multiple chances to show you something and you always come away with the same complaint (hands and brain don't match the speed) you should probably believe that is the case. 

I think of Nylander and Laine in regards to this. 

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Former Sabre & Amerks player Mark Mancari made his debut as an assistant coach for the OHLs Niagara Ice Dogs last night as the beat Luukkonens former team that looks to be really missing him.

UPL was definitely the guy for the Wolves last year, he will be sorely missed. The guy to watch on that team now is Quinton Byfield, likely to go top 5 next draft.

Going to see the Battalion's home opener tonight vs Barrie. I hope Pekar is in the lineup.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/19/2019 at 4:58 AM, Huckleberry said:

I would throw Laine to Carolina for two of their D.

No thanks...

As far as Kuli goes, he hasn't looked that bad actually. I think he is healthy at the beginning of the season for the first time in a few seasons. He needs to stay healthy this year as he won't be brought back next year and we have Heinola, Samberg, stanley and Niku (probably plays full time this year) chomping at the bit to make the team.

10 hours ago, Ducky said:

No thanks...

As far as Kuli goes, he hasn't looked that bad actually. I think he is healthy at the beginning of the season for the first time in a few seasons. He needs to stay healthy this year as he won't be brought back next year and we have Heinola, Samberg, stanley and Niku (probably plays full time this year) chomping at the bit to make the team.

I don't know ***** from Heinola ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Great nugget from Justin Bourne:

Of the 135 centers who played at least 800 minutes last year (an arbitrary but reasonable cut-off, methinks), Auston Matthews was 125th in expected goals against per 60.

Dude is another Risto. ?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Of the 135 centers who played at least 800 minutes last year (an arbitrary but reasonable cut-off, methinks), Auston Matthews was 125th in expected goals against per 60.

Dude is another Risto. ?

This is peak Auston Matthews.  It's all downhill from here.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, dudacek said:

Dude is another Risto. ?

Not sure about the Risto comparison. This is very consistent with the Leafs always being in the "Fun" quadrant that that one hockey stats guy creates (the four quadrants are Bad, Dull, Good, Fun).

Edited by That Aud Smell

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I guess. Talk about taking one for the team.

I would imagine more kids grow up dreaming of winning of Stanley Cup than earning a monster deal. This has to be one of the biggest bridges in nhl history and I’m sure his next contract will be huge.