Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

19 hours ago, Taro T said:

Makes sense.  Would seem to suggest that he expects the players not to opt out this week.

I didn't realize that not opting out was just them punting it back one year.  I guess I never thought about it before.  Either way, if the player don't opt out either, I'll take it as a sign that both sides are much closer to being on the same page than in previous years.  They're at least in the same chapter this time.

35 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Shouldn’t it be assumed this is a temporary leave of absence?

I don't think anyone implied anything different.  Still, I don't see any reason to assume one or the other, temporary or long-term.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I didn't realize that not opting out was just them punting it back one year.  I guess I never thought about it before.  Either way, if the player don't opt out either, I'll take it as a sign that both sides are much closer to being on the same page than in previous years.  They're at least in the same chapter this time.

I don't think anyone implied anything different.  Still, I don't see any reason to assume one or the other, temporary or long-term.

2 years, technically.  ? And even further staying technical, they both could choose to extend the deal even further into the future if they both wanted to do that.  (Though that would be even more surprising.)

Would agree that it would be a good sign that they're at least in the same area code should both sides end up keeping this deal in place through '21-'22.   But will actually believe Fehr and Bettman can avoid a lockout in '22 when they've actually signed an extended/new agreement. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Big Buff update of sorts:

"health-wise, everything is good for him and his family." That's great to hear at least. I wonder if he is just thinking about stepping out and retiring. 

If he does retire, Ristolainen for Ehlers becomes sort of possible as they really need D-men.

26 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Morrissey - Pionk
Kulikov - xxx
Beaulieu - xxx
Poolman, Niku, Heinola, Luke Green, Bitetto fighting for the x's. 

You're absolutely right. They're going to be desperate 

If Botts lucks out here like he did with Skinner and gets Ehlers because Byfuglien randomly, surprisingly retires during training camp, I don’t care WHAT his aptitude as a GM is considering how potent his horseshoe is. Not kidding.