Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Shilling for the Athletic again, but this is an outstanding read about Geno Malkin:

https://theathletic.com/1192049/2019/09/10/evgeni-malkin-trade-rumors-penguins-moscow-russia-hockey/

Not intended as a knock on Yerdon and Vogl, but I wish the Sabres writers were producing more material like this.

I've been waiting for Sobotka's expose about his lost season.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Shilling for the Athletic again, but this is an outstanding read about Geno Malkin:

https://theathletic.com/1192049/2019/09/10/evgeni-malkin-trade-rumors-penguins-moscow-russia-hockey/

Not intended as a knock on Yerdon and Vogl, but I wish the Sabres writers were producing more material like this.

Damn, my subscription ran out, and it's twice as expensive as it was when I purchased it last year. 

Can't afford it now ?

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

This was a fantastic article. Sports journalism at its absolute finest. 

Watching the Knights/Ducks prospect game... Guhle looking good haha... He just got out of the box.  No Zegras or Krebs today ?

20190910_152745.jpg

20190910_161642.jpg

George McPhee is sitting right behind me... His commentary is hilarious.  F-bomb after f-bomb.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Maybe they shouldn't have paid Tyler Myers what they did? Just a thought. 

Or ya know Eriksson

That's always been the problem with Benning, nobody can tell if he's rebuilding or not, and then he screws himself with bad contracts

51 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Two questions immediately come to mind:

1. "Sorry I just hitted your car...".  Was he hit by a 5 year old?
2. Was it a revenge hit for parking directly over the white line?  Those 5 year olds are rough when they can't get their happy meal.

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Two questions immediately come to mind:

1. "Sorry I just hitted your car...".  Was he hit by a 5 year old?
2. Was it a revenge hit for parking directly over the white line?  Those 5 year olds are rough when they can't get their happy meal.

Unless I’m missing something .... I think those photos you are referring to were from years ago. Not a few days ago. The only “current” photo he shared was of the note. Not of his car.

I don’t know of the current circumstances surrounding the hit and run. Was he in a McDonald’s at the time of the hit? Maybe someone can dig out more info. Sucks nonetheless.

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Unless I’m missing something .... I think those photos you are referring to were from years ago. Not a few days ago. The only “current” photo he shared was of the note. Not of his car.

I don’t know of the current circumstances surrounding the hit and run. Was he in a McDonald’s at the time of the hit? Maybe someone can dig out more info. Sucks nonetheless.

I missed the date stamp on that second picture.  I also missed the Buffalo connection.  That was an odd one.  But still, based on every single picture I've ever seen of his car, I can only assume that he only drives it to McDonalds and he always takes up two parking spaces.  Lock the man up, he's a monster.

giphy.gif

Edited by shrader