Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

9 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Guerin and JBOT Pittsburgh connection.  Another JBOT trade partner or another crony friend who he won't offer sheet?

And how do you propose a team at the cap offer sheets them? 

Seriously I think sometimes ppl just make up reasons 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And how do you propose a team at the cap offer sheets them? 

Seriously I think sometimes ppl just make up reasons 

I meant this for the future, not this year.  I should have specified.

15 hours ago, Tondas said:

Guerin and JBOT Pittsburgh connection.  Another JBOT trade partner or another crony friend who he won't offer sheet?

Trade Partner. Guerin even admitted that Botterill was the brains in the management group when they were all in Pittsburgh. 

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Trade Partner. Guerin even admitted that Botterill was the brains in the management group when they were all in Pittsburgh. 

Link? If true, why did Mario let him walk? Why did Rutherford help him walk? Self-preservation?

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Link? If true, why did Mario let him walk? Why did Rutherford help him walk? Self-preservation?

Because denying someone a once in a lifetime career opportunity is a sure fire way to make sure nobody ever works for you again

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

They can't deny an AGM going for a GM job.   Only lateral movement they can block.   But a promotion to another team they can't.

Or something like that ?

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

A four year ban for cocaine is incredibly steep 

He tested positive during competition... it's a stimulant... he cheated. 

This is gray area for the NHL, apparently they test for it, but it's not a suspendible offense?    The rule is murky, and as I've stated before, cocaine is very very popular with these guys... not for performance enhancement but as a party drug.    

Gotta love Sid the Kid: 

The story in text:

I’ll tell you my favorite Sidney Crosby story, which is in 2016. I went out there - I go to his hockey school every summer, to do a bit with him. So they won the Cup in 16, so he’s got the Stanley Cup and we went to a children’s hospital, which is, you know, pretty emotional. We were done there and Sid said “Well, where else can we go?” I said “well there’s a veteran’s hospital I went to once, around the corner.” So we went, we called over, went over there, and they’ve got - everyone’s kind of in the main meeting room. And someone said “oh, too bad Joe’s not here. Joe would’ve loved this...Joe would love this.” And someone said “who’s Joe?” and they said he’s a Korean War veteran, but he’s blind and bedridden; he’s upstairs. So I said “Sid, let’s go.” So up we go, and they knock on the door to his room and “Joe, Sidney Crosby’s here with the Stanley Cup.” And Joe says “Oh I’m sorry Sid, I’m a Montreal Canadiens fan.” And Sid says “no problem, who’s your favorite Montreal Canadien?” “And he says Rocket Richard!” So Sid brings the Cup over, and traces his finger over the Rocket’s name engravement.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

18 hours ago, pi2000 said:

He tested positive during competition... it's a stimulant... he cheated. 

This is gray area for the NHL, apparently they test for it, but it's not a suspendible offense?    The rule is murky, and as I've stated before, cocaine is very very popular with these guys... not for performance enhancement but as a party drug.    

And has been for quite some time.... in the mid to late 90's I knew a couple of girls who were dating some Sabres and the stories... platters piled with it. 

Of course I'm seeing this posted everywhere now.

kuznetsov.thumb.gif.f4b45200bba53e2ed8e1fcf25b94df84.gif

• Like (+1) 2