Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

40 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

According to NHL.com, Mark Stone is the 14th best...winger in the NHL. 

Yikessssssssssss

Allow me to refer you to my "great players on bad teams don't get proper recognition" post in the top-10 thread. If Vegas keeps winning, I imagine Stone will be much higher on next year's list. 

Tom Dundon, Chief Executive Officer, Owner and Governor of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced the team has re-signed President and General Manager Don Waddell to a multi-year contract extension.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-re-sign-don-waddell-to-multi-year-extension/c-308504094

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

...Waddell link

This whole process has been incredibly odd.  Basically doesn't want to give any front office types a contract and wants them all to be considered at-will.  I had heard a story suggesting that league rules require a GM to be under contract, but google isn't helping me verify that right now (not as easy as searching the CBA for player rules).

I get the feeling that Waddell has a friend in the Minnesota front office.  That friend gave him a token interview in order to force Dundon's hand a bit.

9 hours ago, Ducky said:

Horrible GM, would have loved to have seen  him in Minny.

That's exactly why I think someone in Minnesota was doing him a favor.  They weren't the slightest bit interested in him, but it's no coincidence that he finally got a contract right after they talked.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

Marner is worth as much as AM if you ask me...

Agreed.  But he's asking for more, might actually get it, and if they match will have way more than ideal locked up in their 3 top forwards.  1 of whom will soon be long in the tooth.

Really hope that offer sheet becomes real (while hoping that the schadenfreude doesn't come back to bite the Sabres in the rear end in 2 years) and that TO matches.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Agreed.  But he's asking for more, might actually get it, and if they match will have way more than ideal locked up in their 3 top forwards.  1 of whom will soon be long in the tooth.

Really hope that offer sheet becomes real (while hoping that the schadenfreude doesn't come back to bite the Sabres in the rear end in 2 years) and that TO matches.

Tavares will easily be elite as long as Matthews is under contract. At most it’ll be in his final year when he slows down. 

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Wow, that's awful. 

Ethanol table top fire place? That seems extremely unsafe. That's not something you just ignore the safety instructions on. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

PS Boyfriend is wearing a Bills jersey... not that it matters... horrible situation... crap... sounds like one of the sterno burners, but in a house?

It was one of these types ...

6CF72347-3B1D-4FB0-BE77-2BFEABAF81AC.jpeg

And they were seated around an outdoor table when it happened. Not indoors. 

Such a sad tragedy ... 

Edited by Zamboni
  • Thanks (+1) 1