Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

This is where I’m at too. A new coach and 3-4 new players on the roster will HOPEFULLY pay dividends in the standings.

Right now we don’t have one or two new players on the roster, let alone 3 or 4.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

Right now we don’t have one or two new players on the roster, let alone 3 or 4.

You are right. On June 22nd, we don’t.  However, I’m referring to Oct. 3rd. I guess that’s why I’m not really concerned now.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jack Hughes will wear #86 with the Devils. 

I highly doubt he consulted Eleven for his opinion first. 

What is this world coming to, where kids are wearing NASCAR numbers in midget hockey?  (That's why he wanted the number.)

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, Trettioåtta said:

If Florida signs Bob and/or Breadman, is another playoffless year all but guaranteed?

are we expecting any real shake up in this line up or broadly bar maybe a depth signing or two this will be the team we ice?

i know there haven’t been many trades, but it seems Risto will go for scraps if he does get traded (based on other trades) and what else do we really have to offer anyone?

Based upon what trades?

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Jack Hughes will wear #86 with the Devils. 

I highly doubt he consulted Eleven for his opinion first. 

I’ll accept the high numbers when it’s a year of birth, but that odometer has officially rolled over to zero. 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’ll accept the high numbers when it’s a year of birth, but that odometer has officially rolled over to zero. 

I’ve wanted a forward to wear 1 so badly. Please do, 01 birth year kids.

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Neither Nicholas Baptiste (Toronto) or Justin Bailey (Philadelphia) were extended Qualifying Offers.

That doesn’t surprise me. Man I wish Bailey would have worked out. He could have been such a force as a 3rd liner if he got it all together and it clicked. Disappointing.

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

No qualifying offer for Nathan Beaulieu either.

Kinda understandable. He can be a depth defender, but he’s not worth the $2.5 qualifier.

Ben Hutton In Vancouver is a headed to free agency for similar reasons. There are probably others.

Every Skinner and Hayes getting overpaid at the top of the pile is creating more of these situations at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

He should be washing and waxing Binnington's car at least weekly.

I don't know about that, I was reading on some blackhawks blog.   Forum member there said he was behind the St louis bench in December and could hear and see the entire team not getting along.   They were actually not a good team back then and all the players were actually insulting each other.

I thinke Berube had a lot to do with making it a team.   Sometimes the right coach comes along.

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know about that, I was reading on some blackhawks blog.   Forum member there said he was behind the St louis bench in December and could hear and see the entire team not getting along.   They were actually not a good team back then and all the players were actually insulting each other.

I thinke Berube had a lot to do with making it a team.   Sometimes the right coach comes along.

Getting rid of Yeo cannot be underrated.  But, without having somebody that could at least occasionally stop a beach ball, that team can't fully dig out of that hole in only 3 months.

Pretty sure Binnington went 14-1-1 his 1st 16 games.  That kind of turnaround goes a looooooong way towards altering the room chemistry.

And that kind of a stretch gets even a severely buried team back into the mix.