Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  This season's draft for next season's (& beyond's) players actually happens THIS season.

FTFY

33 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

No more Callahan as a cap dump

I guess Botterill (or anyone) wouldn't take him as a cap dump. 

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

This is a thread for discussing general league-wide news.  Things like rule changes, uniform changes, players'/coaches' lives, yes, even league initiatives, etc. There are threads for trades, free agency, draft, etc.  

This is not a thread for pushing personal agendas.  I won't even mention Lindy Ruff (well, except for in this sentence) unless there's actual news about him. 

If it devolves like the last thread did, I'm locking it.

No criticism of our team president is allowed? Is that the rule?

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

No criticism of our team president is allowed? Is that the rule?

If only there was a way for you to start your own thread about this topic so those of us who don't care didn't have to read about the team president in summer 2019 thread. 

If. Only. There. Was. A. Way. 

If. Only. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If only there was a way for you to start your own thread about this topic so those of us who don't care didn't have to read about the team president in summer 2019 thread. 

If. Only. There. Was. A. Way. 

If. Only. 

In the summer of 2019 (late spring, actually) the NHL announced a diversity council to be co-chaired by our team president. Is that something we can discuss in this thread? Just let me know the rules.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Really interested in seeing if cap ramifications of LTIR retirements get addressed in the next CBA.

Both sides get what they want. He still gets paid and the team gets some financial freedom. Why would they want to change anything?

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

In the summer of 2019 (late spring, actually) the NHL announced a diversity council to be co-chaired by our team president. Is that something we can discuss in this thread? Just let me know the rules.

It’s literally in the OP saying it is. I’m glad I’m not the only one with poor reading comprehension this time of night. 

38 minutes ago, shrader said:

Both sides get what they want. He still gets paid and the team gets some financial freedom. Why would they want to change anything?

Well, they weren't addressed last time it was revised, so you might be onto something there, rabbit, you just might.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I started a sandbox for youfor that. Let’s not ruin another thread.

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I started a sandbox for youfor that. Let’s not ruin another thread.

That's not how this board operates. This isn't your Politics Club. I have nothing else to say about Kim's NHL appointment this summer, but if I do, it'll be here where it belongs. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

That's not how this board operates. This isn't your Politics Club. I have nothing else to say about Kim's NHL appointment this summer, but if I do, it'll be here where it belongs. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

This is why we cannot have nice things.This is what I meant about pushing personal agendas, and you knew that, and you selfishly chose to push yourself ahead of the community yet again.

I guess someone else can try again.  This lasted 12 hours.  Thanks again, PA.

Edited by Eleven

• nfreeman locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nfreeman unpinned this topic