Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

44 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Honestly Mill you have to have the worst case of hockey manic depression combined with puck schizophrenia thru the two teams you root for.  On top of which the voices you hear from cross border  hatred... seriously dont know how you do it.

What you say may be true. But overall am thankful for the many nice people met along the way. And thedream still lives  

• Like (+1) 3

Coach Babcock likely done at seasons end if not before. The team at best given the cap realities at best case will tread water and stay the same if not regress. Could easily see Keefe as Coach by February . On the Marner front which team prepared to give up four first round picks. Very well could be some.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, millbank said:

Coach Babcock likely done at seasons end if not before. The team at best given the cap realities at best case will tread water and stay the same if not regress. Could easily see Keefe as Coach by February . On the Marner front which team prepared to give up four first round picks. Very well could be some.

Ehh..they have so much young talent still getting better, I could see them taking another step. 

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ehh..they have so much young talent still getting better, I could see them taking another step. 

Yes they have young talent . Key word is young. Also with those young having time to learn and the reality of some subtractions be it Gardiner, Kadri, Johnson, Kapanen, tough calls on a number more plus who is to know how the Marner situation shakes down. He only of one potential offer sheets. Next year I see as a trending water year. Things do clear up after. Certainly won’t argue with you if they improve 

4 hours ago, millbank said:

Someone absolutely should offer sheet Marner, but I’m not sure I see it happening. 

40 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Someone absolutely should offer sheet Marner, but I’m not sure I see it happening. 

Would be interesting if there is a $11.5 Auston Matthews money out there , with a young but close to being in the mix again. With parity you never know. He does take a regular shift, drives the power play, kills penalties. Where is his ceiling . Still young figures to get better. 

Edited by millbank

On 5/26/2019 at 8:00 PM, millbank said:

What you say may be true. But overall am thankful for the many nice people met along the way. And thedream still lives  

Mill, I might actually be worse than you.

One of my parents' first friends after they were married were a football coach (a former original Cleveland Brown) and his wife.  After my parents met them, the man went to work with an old friend whom he knew from his college days in Cleveland, Ohio.  He was the defencive line coach of the No-Name Defence.  From 1971-83, he used to let me sit in on the defencive game plan review at the team hotel the day before the game.

Interesting tidbit: It did not matter that the Bills were 4-9-1 during Miami's Perfect Season.  I have a clip of the former coaching staff being interviewed on a Miami TV station from the 20th anniversary year.  To a man, they say that the only game that they realistically should have lost was to the Bills on 22 October 1972 at the Orange Bowl.  Apparently, Saban's game plans had them befuddled the entire game.  They uniformly believed that had the Bills started Dennis Shaw instead of Mike Taliaferro, the Dolphins that season go 16-1.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Yeah, it's pretty clear that he's saying Toronto gets a 7th round pick if he signs.

What the Sabres SHOULD HAVE DONE with Vesey.  Carolina gets a third if he signs...

On 6/1/2019 at 4:19 PM, Brawndo said:

Apparently the Colorado Eagles have refused to return the Kelly Cup which is awarded to the ECHL Champions. 

The ECHL is in the process of making a new one to award

That's a fun little story if you dig in a little deeper, classic he said she said.  The best part is that ultimately, no one really cares.