Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

Mark Stone already signed an 8-year deal in Vegas at $8.5M.

$9.5 million.

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Best Fans in the league are found in Carolina 

Can’t beat Buffalo learned, Hurricane turned.

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman talks about Risto to Tampa in the beginning of the 31 Thoughts Podcast this week. He also mentioned last week he expects Botterill to be very active at the draft. 

I have a feeling with them losing out in round 1, they are will make some moves. 

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman also mentioned that there is enough of a market building around the league for Risto, that they will get something for him

Marek mentioned Palat and Killhorn as guys that might be moved out

As opposed to giving him away? Or is he saying there will be a sizable return? Opinions on Risto's value on the internet are so all over the map.

In my view, Risto fills TB's hole created by the looming departures of Stralman, Girardi and Coburn. Plus he's better than all three and adds needed grit.

Palat and Miller for Risto and Nylander appeal to anyone? I'd be hesitant in include Nylander unless they were also adding a youngster.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman also mentioned that there is enough of a market building around the league for Risto, that they will get something for him. 

Marek mentioned Palat and Killhorn as guys that might be moved out

Those are some long contracts for guys on the wrong side of the 20's 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

As opposed to giving him away? Or is he saying there will be a sizable return? Opinions on Risto's value on the internet are so all over the map.

In my view, Risto fills TB's hole created by the looming departures of Stralman, Girardi and Coburn. Plus he's better than all three and adds needed grit.

Palat and Miller for Risto and Nylander appeal to anyone? I'd be hesitant in include Nylander unless they were also adding a youngster.

I took it as a sizable return coming back. 

I would go for a younger prospect such as Foote, Cirelli or Cernak although the last one is unlikely.  To increase the return I would take one year of Callahan. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Watch him go to Tampa and Cooper/Hedman make him a star. At the very least, what we all hoped/thought he was: a solid #2/3 d-man

Unfortunately after four coaches he has not shown any propensity to “Get It”’in Buffalo. If he can be moved for value now, that’s a risk that needs to be taken to maximize an asset. The caveat is we need NHL Players in return 

18 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

So is it a foregone conclusion that Risto is gone?

Um no. No matter what cute little rumors that are out there. It also wouldn’t surprise me if he was traded. If he is, I hope JB gets fair or good value in return.

21 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

So is it a foregone conclusion that Risto is gone?

We’ve gone down this road in acquiring Kane, trading Kane, acquiring O’Reilly, trading O’Reilly, arguably acquiring Montour... this team has been telegraphing its moves for years now. I think Risto is out.

I'm hesitant to trade Risto in the division because he still is a solid 2/3 defenseman. Put in the right situation and teamed with the right d-man who can cover his mistakes he is not bad.  Looking at Tampa I would want Miller and Cirelli for Risto and 2021 2nd rd pick.  

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

it won’t happen but if i could steal logan couture off the sharks i’d be very happy

He loves Buffalo! And the Bills! And he's an Ontario boy. Imagine how much better it would be for his friends and family to not have to fly all the way to California to see him play.

Make it rain.

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Steve Yzerman will be formally announced as the President of Hockey Ops for Detroit this afternoon 

Yeah but of course Marian Ilitch calls the shots. I mean, why wouldn't she? She owns a hockey team! Seriously, good for the Wings. Another franchise that will leave the Sabres in the dust if they haven't already while we diddle around with a fantasy owner and a former Sabre at the helm.