Fans off season wish list

sweetlou

6 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Five questions for the off season fans wish list.

1. Coach?   I'm leaning toward AV.

2. #2 center, how obtained?  Mitts moved to second line with addition of Lowry (see #4)

3. Jeff Skinner resigned?  Hoping but not more than $7.5 AAV

4. Risto back or traded?  Traded to Winnipeg with Nylander and Sobotka for Byfuglien, Ehlers, and Lowry.

5. Biggest UFA signing?  Brett Connolly

Skinner- Eichel- Olofson

Ehlers- Mitts- Reinhart

Sheary- Lowry- Connolly

Wilson- ERod- Okposo

Dahlin- Byfuglien

McCabe- Montour

Pilut- Bogo

6 hours ago, sweetlou said:

1. Coach?

2. #2 center, how obtained?

3. Jeff Skinner resigned?

4. Risto back or traded?

5. Biggest UFA signing? 

1. I honestly can’t. I know I want a flexible leader, who understands modern tactics, and doesn’t have to learn the league, or how NHL players think and behave. I haven’t got a clue who that is. Of the various candidates being floated, I’d be happiest with AV, but that is entirely superficial.

2. Brayden Point, offer sheet, or an equivalent trade forced by the threat thereof.

3. Of course. Five years, $35 million.

4. Back, assuming we get a centre through other means.

5. Semyon Varlamov. One year, $3 million

Wish list right? So let me dream big.

1) Sign Erik Karlsson to pair with Dahlin in a Swedish Sr/Jr dream pairing. Risto can then be on a second pairing where he belongs. 

2) Sign Kevin Hayes, Ryan Dzingel, Joonas Donskoi and  Michael Ferland

3) Draft Dach. 

4) trade McCabe or Scandella+ for a goalie prospect who surprises everyone - pipe dream I know, but likely the Finnish kid isn't ready yet.

5) Sign Patrick Maroon and Devante Smith Pelly (or equivalents, bigger, stronger, more physical than now)

Skinner? Sure, but I just think he wants too much and giving it to him will cripple us so it ain't gonna happen.

So your starting team is:

Ferland - Eichel - Donskoi 

Dzingel - Hayes - Reinhart

Nylander- Mittlestadt-Olofsson (kid line, grow together, use the speed but not facing top lines)

Maroon-Dach-Smith Pelly (crash, bang, boom)

Goalie - ?/Hutton/Ullmark (I have no solution here that is obvious)

Dahlin - Karlsson

Montour-Ristolainen

Scandella/McCabe(?) - Bogosian   (Pilut/Borgen 7/8)

So that's my dream. I think it's kind of obvious I don't think too highly of the current roster and JBot is right, he did not give Housley enough pieces so talk is cheap. Give us a team that is at least harder to play against. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

Wishes

1 a coach who is flexible fits young core

2 2nd line center thru trade

3 Resign Skinner

4 Draft a scorer

5 Draft another scorer 2nd 1st round pic

6 move up Asplund, Smith, Borgen along with Nylander and Oloffson...

Nylander and Risto could be part of trade package

Sign FAs like Ferland, Donskoi or both and Karlson

Drop  Girgenson, Scandella and maybe Larrson. 

18 hours ago, dudacek said:

1. I honestly can’t. I know I want a flexible leader, who understands modern tactics, and doesn’t have to learn the league, or how NHL players think and behave. I haven’t got a clue who that is. Of the various candidates being floated, I’d be happiest with AV, but that is entirely superficial.

2. Brayden Point, offer sheet, or an equivalent trade forced by the threat thereof.

3. Of course. Five years, $35 million.

4. Back, assuming we get a centre through other means.

5. Semyon Varlamov. One year, $3 million

There is virtually no chance Skinner signs a 5 year deal for $7 million AAV. You're either willing to pay him more and/or for longer term than that or you simply don't want him back enough to pay him.

15 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

There is virtually no chance Skinner signs a 5 year deal for $7 million AAV. You're either willing to pay him more and/or for longer term than that or you simply don't want him back enough to pay him.

I thought this was a wish list?

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I thought this was a wish list?

Fair enough, but if that's the case why not get him to sign an 8 year deal for league minimum?

I also think we should trade Sobotka and Okposo to Edmonton for McDavid and Draisaitl both at 50% retention.

Edited by Drunkard

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Kevin Hayes is a big 45-point matchup centre who certainly fits our needs.

Reportedly the Rangers could have re-signed him for 5 or 6 years, $30 million or so.

Surprised he isn’t talked about more around here.

Nobody wants come here remember? 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Reportedly the Rangers could have re-signed him for 5 or 6 years, $30 million or so.

He's on my list! If we could add him, trade Risto for Miller or similar, and get another middle-6 like Dobskoi, our top-9 would be drastically improved overall. 

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I don’t want to pay a 27 year old career 46 point scorer 7 million dollars. What ROR made. 

On 4/11/2019 at 7:31 AM, sweetlou said:

1. Coach?

2. #2 center, how obtained?

3. Jeff Skinner resigned?

4. Risto back or traded?

5. Biggest UFA signing? 

1. Sheldon Keefe

2. Kevin Hayes, UFA. (Unless they can find someone better suited to play 2C for a year, then move to 3C when Mittelstadt is ready next year.)

3. Yes, no more than $9M.

4. Yes, they need to find him a reliable defensive-defenseman partner so he can roam and do his thing. (Looking at FAs, I don't see anyone good enough that fits.)

5. Kevin Hayes, 6 years for $6M per year.

(I wish we could lure Joe Thornton, Justin Williams and Brooks Orpik here. That's what this team needs for a season or two. Pipe dream, I know, just thinking out loud.)

On 4/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Wish list right? So let me dream big.

1) Sign Erik Karlsson to pair with Dahlin in a Swedish Sr/Jr dream pairing. Risto can then be on a second pairing where he belongs. 

2) Sign Kevin Hayes, Ryan Dzingel, Joonas Donskoi and  Michael Ferland

3) Draft Dach. 

4) trade McCabe or Scandella+ for a goalie prospect who surprises everyone - pipe dream I know, but likely the Finnish kid isn't ready yet.

5) Sign Patrick Maroon and Devante Smith Pelly (or equivalents, bigger, stronger, more physical than now)

Skinner? Sure, but I just think he wants too much and giving it to him will cripple us so it ain't gonna happen.

So your starting team is:

Ferland - Eichel - Donskoi 

Dzingel - Hayes - Reinhart

Nylander- Mittlestadt-Olofsson (kid line, grow together, use the speed but not facing top lines)

Maroon-Dach-Smith Pelly (crash, bang, boom)

Goalie - ?/Hutton/Ullmark (I have no solution here that is obvious)

Dahlin - Karlsson

Montour-Ristolainen

So that's my dream. I think it's kind of obvious I don't think too highly of the current roster and JBot is right, he did not give Housley enough pieces so talk is cheap. Give us a team that is at least harder to play against. 

I don't get the fascination with Donskoi, I've seen him mentioned before...he's never scored more than 14 goals or 37 points.

He's a 3rd line forward, not a 1st line forward.

Love the 2nd and 3rd lines though.

One more thought, I'm not sure it's a good idea to put Montour and Ristolainen together...they're both offensive guys and they need steady partners.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Dahlin - Karlsson

Montour-Ristolainen

So that's my dream. I think it's kind of obvious I don't think too highly of the current roster and JBot is right, he did not give Housley enough pieces so talk is cheap. 

If you get Karlsson, you trade Risto. It's honestly that simple. 

6 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

I don't get the fascination with Donskoi, I've seen him mentioned before...he's never scored more than 14 goals or 37 points.

He's a 3rd line forward, not a 1st line forward.

I think he has the skill to be a 30 goal guy with the right center. Overall (aside from Karlsson) I'm looking at bargains and players who can do more than they've done or play a role. Not over priced superstars who likely just get you in cap hell while never quite giving you what you paid for. Also a distribution of offense, not a one line team.

6 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

One more thought, I'm not sure it's a good idea to put Montour and Ristolainen together...they're both offensive guys and they need steady partners.

I'm looking at a new coach with a system who will tell Risto to play D more and use his grit more and stay on his side of the ice. No more running all over the ice and lacking communication and team play. Do your job, and not try to do a little bit of everyone's and thus fail.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If you get Karlsson, you trade Risto. It's honestly that simple. 

No, See above. He should be a second pairing defenseman and play physical. Maybe he is already ruined with bad habits, but I think he can be saved.

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think he has the skill to be a 30 goal guy with the right center. Overall (aside from Karlsson) I'm looking at bargains and players who can do more than they've done or play a role. Not over priced superstars who likely just get you in cap hell while never quite giving you what you paid for. Also a distribution of offense, not a one line team.

I'm looking at a new coach with a system who will tell Risto to play D more and use his grit more and stay on his side of the ice. No more running all over the ice and lacking communication and team play. Do your job, and not try to do a little bit of everyone's and thus fail.

No, See above. He should be a second pairing defenseman and play physical. Maybe he is already ruined with bad habits, but I think he can be saved.

Be careful about bolding in your post, some posters take offense to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

1. Sheldon Keefe

2. Kevin Hayes, UFA. (Unless they can find someone better suited to play 2C for a year, then move to 3C when Mittelstadt is ready next year.)

3. Yes, no more than $9M.

4. Yes, they need to find him a reliable defensive-defenseman partner so he can roam and do his thing. (Looking at FAs, I don't see anyone good enough that fits.)

5. Kevin Hayes, 6 years for $6M per year.

(I wish we could lure Joe Thornton, Justin Williams and Brooks Orpik here. That's what this team needs for a season or two. Pipe dream, I know, just thinking out loud.)

Jeff Skinner and Justin Williams would not be a good combination.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

Be careful about bolding in your post, some posters take offense to it. 

Huh? Did I miss some sort of sarcasm or reference for someone else's benefit cause I was stressing the point about Risto and not talking about the poster. But maybe you're making a joke about something I've missed or already forgotten. I rarely pay attention when posters fight with each other.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.