Fans off season wish list

sweetlou

1. Coach - someone with experience, a strong nhl record, discipline.  The core players need discipline, inmates need to stop running the asylum 

2. #2 center - free agent or trade - do  not count only on draft  

3.  Sign him but be smart on out years 

4.  I’m split of Risto but if he brings a legit # 2 and more then consider a trade  

5.  Bigger and tougher forwards  

6  goaltending help or coach 

Can I go off the grid? Let's shake up some of the sounds of the arena that have been ingrained in current players' brains and are automatically associated with losing. So a new anthem singer, new PA guy or gal and a new horn. Too soft, too morose, too, uh, horny. For starters. (The organist snark is also unacceptable. Closing Time when you allow an empty net goal with still over a minute left?) Just put a fresh coat of paint on the damn thing. Every little bit helps.

• Like (+1) 3

Get rid of the DJ, for the love of all things holy, get rid of the floss cam for kids, enough with the over pandering to the military (and I'm a veteran). I'm with PA, more classic stuff from the 90s before social media took over the world. 

The on ice performance will help, but not cure the 2019 atmosphere. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Get rid of the DJ, for the love of all things holy, get rid of the floss cam for kids, enough with the over pandering to the military (and I'm a veteran). I'm with PA, more classic stuff from the 90s before social media took over the world. 

I didn't know you were a vet.

I wouldn't mind seeing the fans on the rope line gotten ridden of. If Risto is right, you can't ***** your teammate with little kids hanging around.

38 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Should go to a Predators game. I am surprised they could finish the game with how much they pandered. I heard "Proud to be an American" in its entirety. 

3 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Five questions for the off season fans wish list.

1. Coach?

2. #2 center, how obtained?

3. Jeff Skinner resigned?

4. Risto back or traded?

5. Biggest UFA signing? 

1) Gronberg

2) UFA

3) Yes, 8x7

4) Traded, he doesn't get how to play the defensive side of things

5) That 2nd line center. 

Wish List

1) Bruce Boudreau

2) Trade Risto for JT Miller - I don’t think Hayes or Duchene will sign with us.

3) Skinner - re-signing is a must.

4) Fix the Defense - Alex Martinez

5) Find an under the radar FA or 2 and have them actually work out. For example, maybe Wash trades us RFA Burakovsky for Nylander and Burakovsky takes off playing on Jack’s wing or opposite Reinhart.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I didn't know you were a vet.

I wouldn't mind seeing the fans on the rope line gotten ridden of. If Risto is right, you can't ***** your teammate with little kids hanging around.

Navy boy, only one stint, civilian life is better. 

I appreciate the fact that we appreciate our vets, my father was in Vietnam and he came home to a much different situation. But the veteran stuff in sports is nauseating, @LGR4GMI don't know if i could do it man, the whole song?! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I appreciate the fact that we appreciate our vets, my father was in Vietnam and he came home to a much different situation. But the veteran stuff in sports is nauseating, @LGR4GMI don't know if i could do it man, the whole song?! 

I think it is great to acknowledge our service men and women. When it is natural and genuine it is great. When it is this forced worship, just feels off to me. My father was in the Navy for years, he actually dislikes people thanking him for his service. Says they don't know what he did and he was just doing a job. 

Yes, all 2 minutes of it, they started it and had the guy stand. They then talked about his service record, made mention of his family, thanked him a couple of times. It was just odd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Surprised you're not used to that Liger. When I went to the UGA game they played the anthem, two other patriotic songs randomly during a tv timeout, the halftime show had it's own flare, and they went around the stadium and called out every single branch with a special ceremony 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Surprised you're not used to that Liger. When I went to the UGA game they played the anthem, two other patriotic songs randomly during a tv timeout, the halftime show had it's own flare, and they went around the stadium and called out every single branch with a special ceremony 

What UGA game did u go to?

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What UGA game did u go to?

Def didn't do that for the Auburn game. 

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How was your trip to Athens? You get any good beer? Any good bars or stories?

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm a veteran and so sick of "thank you for your service" and putting the hero label on every Tom,Dick and Harry who ever was or is in the service. Save it for the fireman, rescue worked who saved your life. My son is in law enforcement and is more threatened than I was. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Def didn't do that for the Auburn game. 

How was your trip to Athens? You get any good beer? Any good bars or stories?

It might have been Military Appreciation night or something in retrospect

Athens is amazing. Nothing too crazy but man everyone was so friendly and the atmosphere is incredible. Never seen full living rooms brought out to tailgate before. One t-shirt shop gave out free mimosas and bloody mary's, and let us drink our own drinks inside. Made a UGA fan out of me for sure

We're doing another NCAAF game this year. Nothing beats that atmosphere, and having it on a Saturday is so much better than a Sunday. Thinking either Clemson or Notre Dame 

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

It might have been Military Appreciation night or something in retrospect

Athens is amazing. Nothing too crazy but man everyone was so friendly and the atmosphere is incredible. Never seen full living rooms brought out to tailgate before. One t-shirt shop gave out free mimosas and bloody mary's, and let us drink our own drinks inside. Made a UGA fan out of me for sure

We're doing another NCAAF game this year. Nothing beats that atmosphere, and having it on a Saturday is so much better than a Sunday. Thinking either Clemson or Notre Dame 

Never been to Notre Dame but have been to Clemson. Clemson is fun and a really loud stadium. The town itself is a little small but good times. 

Yea, Athens is a good time. Hope you went DT after the game. If you ever can go back, go for a rivalry game like Tennessee or Auburn. 

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm a veteran and so sick of "thank you for your service" and putting the hero label on every Tom,Dick and Harry who ever was or is in the service. Save it for the fireman, rescue worked who saved your life. My son is in law enforcement and is more threatened than I was. 

What a fascinating perspective!

35 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I agree with this I am also a one term Navy boy. Enjoyed it and hated it happier on the civilian side of things. When I go to events I am just a fan and don’t want any attention just want to enjoy the game. 

1. Gordon’s fisherman

2. UFA Duchene 

3. Absolutely 8x8 most important 

4. Trade him for some goal scoring winger. It’ll also help our D numbers with addition by subtraction. 

5. Duchene 

1. A guy with head coaching experience in professional hockey

2. Trade Risto for one

3. Yes 7/8 years for about 8 mil

4. Trade for 2C but not in the Conference. If he finds himself he’ll be a great dman.

5. Banish Sobotka to Grand Island and tell him he can’t leave it until his contract is up.

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Wish List

1) Bruce Boudreau

2) Trade Risto for JT Miller - I don’t think Hayes or Duchene will sign with us.

3) Skinner - re-signing is a must.

4) Fix the Defense - Alex Martinez

5) Find an under the radar FA or 2 and have them actually work out. For example, maybe Wash trades us RFA Burakovsky for Nylander and Burakovsky takes off playing on Jack’s wing or opposite Reinhart.

He is staying in Minnesota.

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My kid loved the DJ.  He didn't care about the floss cam.  I actually don't mind the DJ because there's at least something going on between periods.

Different strokes...

53 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Im a retired Marine, I wouldnt mind if they stopped the anthems before everygame. Save it for something special. To me hearing it at every sporting event waters down the value of it. 

Since it’s a only a wish-list...

1. Coach? - Scotty Bowman in his prime, with a young Don Cherry as an assistant

2. #2 center, how obtained? - We trade away Bogo, Scandella, Sobotka, Larsson, and Okposo to EDM for Connor McJesus

3. Jeff Skinner resigned? - Yes, 6 x 7

4. Risto back or traded? - Traded to TBL for Point and Hedman 

5. Biggest UFA signing? - Bobrovsky 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.