Sign in to follow this  
PASabreFan

If fans could fire an owner, would you fire Terry?

Would you fire Terry?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire Terry?

• Yes
    • No

49 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Is this anything more than message board speculation? It’s fine, if not. I can’t recall having heard this theory.

That theory was talked about here and in print at the time.  Then again, so was the theory that LaLa was prone to angry outbursts.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Weave said:

That theory was talked about here and in print at the time.  Then again, so was the theory that LaLa was prone to angry outbursts.

The more time passes without hearing “boo” from Lafontaine, the more his hiring *and* firing seem strange.

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The more time passes without hearing “boo” from Lafontaine, the more his hiring *and* firing seem strange.

He signed a full non disclosure clause. Legally he cannot say anything about what happened. 

47 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He signed a full non disclosure clause. Legally he cannot say anything about what happened. 

Right.

I was imprecise. I more meant: I haven’t seen or heard from him at all.

Pegula hired him as president of hockey operations. Has he not surfaced somewhere else in the league in some prominent position? Why not?

That’s more on the hiring angle, I guess.

The demise of the club as a competitive enterprise seems to make his departure more and more ominous. That actually is not really tied to his post-termination silence (which was likely purchased). It’s more just a sense — maybe he objected strenuously to anti-competitive choices, maybe he was right to do so. 

And/or, given that he’s not been doing much since then, maybe he’s a guy who struggles with anger arising from some sort of post-concussion syndrome.

Edited by That Aud Smell

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Right.

I was imprecise. I more meant: I haven’t seen or heard from him at all.

Pegula hired him as president of hockey operations. Has he not surfaced somewhere else in the league in some prominent position? Why not?

That’s more on the hiring angle, I guess.

The demise of the club as a competitive enterprise seems to make his departure more and more ominous. That actually is not really tied to his post-termination silence (which was likely purchased). It’s more just a sense — maybe he objected strenuously to anti-competitive choices, maybe he was right to do so. 

And/or, given that he’s not been doing much since then, maybe he’s a guy who struggles with anger arising from some sort of post-concussion syndrome.

I thiught the league hired him in some capacity after he was let go.

54 minutes ago, Weave said:

I thiught the league hired him in some capacity after he was let go.

I remember hearing that as well - that he basically returned whence he came. But one Googling came up fairly empty.