If fans could fire an owner, would you fire Terry?

PASabreFan

Would you fire Terry?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire Terry?

• Yes
    • No

37 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

They are lost.

Tom Waites said it best and it pretty well sums up the state of this franchise.

“I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.”

Totally agree but I have to point out the quote is older. W.C.Fields and Dorothy Parker both used it before Waits. 

But ya, the franchise is a disaster. 

• 3 months later...

The Hall signing, and Adams specifically sighting Beane as an influence to GMing has me hopeful, and requesting a stay of execution on the Pegulas.

I do think they were given horseshit advice by hirings tied to Hockey Canada, which is why all the moves since hasn't involved people from them. They were very late to the party on how inept Botterill was, but they did fire him before he did anything more serious than an ELC this offseason, and only really lost Pilut.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

The Hall signing, and Adams specifically sighting Beane as an influence to GMing has me hopeful, and requesting a stay of execution on the Pegulas.

I do think they were given horseshit advice by hirings tied to Hockey Canada, which is why all the moves since hasn't involved people from them. They were very late to the party on how inept Botterill was, but they did fire him before he did anything more serious than an ELC this offseason, and only really lost Pilut.

So freaking glad that Botterill did not get a chance to screw up this fantastic opportunity the flat cap provided.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So freaking glad that Botterill did not get a chance to screw up this fantastic opportunity the flat cap provided.

I think you mean you are glad JB didn’t take the chance. It’s been clearly stated that this was his decision to not do what was asked.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dundon is smart enough to ask His Employees to show their work and ultimately listen to their recommendations.

Yeah, I meant that he's just as hands-on as they are, but (unlike Botterill) Tulsky has been smart enough and persuasive enough to keep him on the right path.

• Like (+1) 1

Separately, but related, do the Pegulas love Zemgus?

I mean I think Ralph likes him, and he seems like an Adams kinda guy, but that contract is such an anomaly (league-wide and in Buffalo) it makes me wonder if it was a command performance from the owner to get him signed.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I mean I think Ralph likes him, and he seems like an Adams kinda guy, but that contract is such an anomaly (league-wide and in Buffalo) it makes me wonder if it was a command performance from the owner to get him signed.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Several things.

1. I think it is partly a reward for being willing to stay.

2. They were trying to signal Larry what he could get if he stayed.  (IMHO, this was the biggest point.)

3. He was on pace for about 14-11-25 from an essentially defence-only deployment.

4. His teammates apparently like him.

5. He and Kyle are good examples of embracing a role you have rather than the one you wanted and were drafted for.

Is it too much?  I think so, but I think all of the above helped.

42 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

2. They were trying to signal Larry what he could get if he stayed.  (IMHO, this was the biggest point.)

I thought this as well when I assumed they wanted to keep Larry, but Larry didn't want to keep them.

But Larry's brother's Tweet, along with the comments Larry made about Buffalo not being too enthusiastic towards him, and Ralph's comments about Eakin being targetted have made me think otherwise.

Just a wee update here that the Pegulas have filed for federal trademarks for use of the phrase "Bills Mafia."

They did not just  file for a trademark on a particular stylized depiction of those words (although they applied for at least one specific design mark as well), but they filed for a trademark on the words themselves, a so-called "word mark."

That phrase belongs to the people. No bueno.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Just a wee update here that the Pegulas have filed for federal trademarks for use of the phrase "Bills Mafia."

They did not just  file for a trademark on a particular stylized depiction of those words (although they applied for at least one specific design mark as well), but they filed for a trademark on the words themselves, a so-called "word mark."

Good. Maybe they could then squash it so we never have to hear it again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Who is going to oppose it?

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I get the "Bills Mafia" came about organically (from Del Reid mainly) but "Bills" is owned by the Pegulas and the NFL. If you don't defend your trademark you lose it. 

Protecting your trademarks is always a valid concern. I question whether #BillsMafia presented any sort of threat to the Bills mark. I also know that there are other ways to go about protecting your marks.

Moreover, they’re asking for the whole kit and kaboodle — a straight “word mark.” They’d own the phrase, in any style, color scheme, etc.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Who is going to oppose it?

No idea. My concerns aren’t really legal anyway. It just seems like a tone dead cash grab.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.