If fans could fire an owner, would you fire Terry?

PASabreFan

Would you fire Terry?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire Terry?

• Yes
    • No

30 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I can’t create an inventory right now.

I did recently create a short list of Terry’s bad decisions/bad decision making instances — in another thread, I think.

For present purposes: I think Terry is susceptible to being bamboozled — both by sycophants (Brandon) and bullsh1t artists (Ryan).

It's OK, I just got to work myself, so my responses are a little less thought out than I'd like them to be. 

Bamboozled, yes, I definitely agree with you on that one. Would that be 100% on him, or lack of good people around keeping his personality (flaw) in check? 

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You know you've won the argument when people feel the need to start making stuff up about your position.

Really?  You're claiming not to have expressed the "I don't trust these rich DBs -- I know he's trying to rip us off somehow" theme?  In front of all of the poor souls who have read your posts over the years?

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I can’t create an inventory right now.

I did recently create a short list of Terry’s bad decisions/bad decision making instances — in another thread, I think.

For present purposes: I think Terry is susceptible to being bamboozled — both by sycophants (Brandon) and bullsh1t artists (Ryan).

I saw Bamboozled by Sycophants at Darien Lake back in the day. After they sold out, unfortunately.

56 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Really?  You're claiming not to have expressed the "I don't trust these rich DBs -- I know he's trying to rip us off somehow" theme?  In front of all of the poor souls who have read your posts over the years?

Family Video has CBD now. No RX needed.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I think you inferred it.  You're not alone, but neither is the other side.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I think you inferred it.  You're not alone, but neither is the other side.

I didn’t infer it from the OP in this thread.  I was referring to the plain English — no inferring required— in multiple posts over the years.  

6 hours ago, atoq said:

Can someone please summarize how the Pegula's have invested in Buffalo outside of the sports franchises? This is an honest question because its been mentioned in this thread a few times and not an attempt at snark or a reflection of my views on the OP. I am familiar with the Harbor Center and Fairmont Creamery Building, but have been living out of the area for awhile and am not sure if there are additional projects in development.

I know you don’t mean it to sound like investing/buying multiple regional sports teams isn’t good enough for someone to say the Pegulas haven’t invested in the region. Because that would be ignorant if that was the case.

Here is something ... https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2019/01/25/pegulas-make-big-investment-in-rand-capital.html

Same info. Different link ... https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2019/01/25/pegulas-make-big-investment-in-rand-capital.html

And there it definitive evidence that if an area starts to improve (like the harborcenter, canalside and medical corridor) then other companies and entrepreneurs start taking risks and open business in that area too. It’s a snowball effect. Happens throughout the world everyday.

Pegulas are instrumental( but not exclusively) in directly creating that snowball effect in pockets in downtown Buffalo. The negative Nancy’s can crap on the Pegulas like immature children all they want. It doesn’t change the fact that they have done and continue to do plenty for the region, beyond “owning a few sports teams”. That’s not to say they can always do better or more. If they want to.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I didn’t infer it from the OP in this thread.  I was referring to the plain English — no inferring required— in multiple posts over the years.  

No, I think you've inferred it over multiple posts over the years.  He's not the only one with a narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Also: Maintaining a healthy distrust of the super wealthy is a well advised approach to dealing with the world.

I seem to recall @PASabreFan theorizing about Terry’s potential ulterior motives for wooing upstate/western NY. Political aims? Freeing up the frackelage? 

It’s all still in play, imo.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:51 PM, Zamboni said:

Besides the Knox brothers, Terry has been the best owner in the history of this franchise. 

Way better than John “jailbird” Rigas

Much better than Tom “penny pincher” Golisano 

no, I wouldn’t fire him 

huhh?

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Something in here is remarkable, all right — it’s the Orwellian spin of insisting that a 75-25 rejection of a tiresome crusade somehow constitutes a victory for the crusader.   

Creating a thread with a non existent, impossible scenario in order to fulfill an 8 year long fantasy that everyone and their brother knows will never happen until TP passes on. Nah, not a crusade at all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

More than one in four serious fans want to send the man over the Falls without a barrel — we're not talking about simply disapproving of the job he's done. They want him gone, even with all the non-hockey stuff he did that made people like him (the presser, establishing himself as a fan, Harbour Centre, buying the Bills, etc.). I find that remarkable. I don't know how many ways I can say it.

I bet ya think strippers like you too.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Nope. I didn't. I just said the results are remarkable. And getting moreso, as the Fire Terry contingent is approaching 30% now.

I know. I just thought it needed pointing out.

Edited by SwampD

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also: Maintaining a healthy distrust of the super wealthy is a well advised approach to dealing with the world.

I seem to recall @PASabreFan theorizing about Terry’s potential ulterior motives for wooing upstate/western NY. Political aims? Freeing up the frackelage? 

It’s all still in play, imo.

At the most, I created a poll asking what Terry's main motivation was in buying the Sabres. Building fracking support was one of the options (I think). Or it might have been something along the lines of a Golisano-like political ambition. Of course Terry went on to invite legislators and officials to the arena to pitch fracking.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

IIRC, the Pegulas sold gas and oil rights in PA and OH (mostly) in order to buy the Bills. I think they still have a lotta NY land rights.

Thanks. Link?

It was a long time ago and I don't really care enough to look. I remember him doing it, though.

Here's the problem with any poll we do on here. Our sample size is not large enough. Let's say we think there are 30,000 Sabres' fans. That number is low but let us go with it. At a .95% confidence interval on a normal distribution you would need 380 results in your poll to have a good sample of those 30k fans. We have 70 right now or just over 18% of the needed sample size. The variation and noise then is quite high and should not be taken as anything more than a very general feel. 

Now we need to add into this, the fact that this board does not compromise a standard sample of Sabres fans. We are the top 5% of fans. Most fans don't debate the use of Trpm or have in depth discussions about the value of pick #7 compared to player X. Not to the depth we do. So now we have highly in tune fans who have examined things in more detail. This changes that number as well. Add to that the number of individuals who might fire Terry simply because they are annoyed with this season, all that goes away if they make the playoffs for a lot of fans.

My general point is we cannot draw much in the way of conclusions from this poll.  Are there fans that dislike how the Pegulas have run things? Yes, but that was always going to be the case. There are always going to be people in these polls that dislike something and also some that like it. That is why you need a higher sample size to understand if you are getting outliers or a true result. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Appreciated.

Pish posh, I say, to those who simply claim "narrative" (or crusade) on this front.

I remain skeptical, as always. To a fault probably. But I'm listening and reading carefully (or trying to), and watching warily as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.