Candace Owens Speaks In Front of House Committee

SABRES 0311

She's not correct about what policies have done what. She is correct that the complete dearth of funding for the American Education is a major problem. Much of the rest of what she says is skewed. Her attack on Democrats while ignoring the other side is odd. We could point to specific policies that Republicans have put in place that have negatively impacted African Americans. So while she is not necessarily wrong in attacking Deomcrats polices that have impacted minorities, her implication that the Republicans and Trump are somehow better is, quite honestly, complete *****. 

What about racism in general? It is very true racism still exists but is it as big of an issue as it is made out to be? This is probably subjective because it depends on everyone’s individual experience.

I for example have not witnessed too many acts of racism. The only time I can remember is when I lived in South Carolina. My wife was leaving Walmart and the bag checker at the door let her go without much of check. The black lady behind her though felt she was checked more thoroughly than my wife. The lady says to the employee “what about that white b****.” This is all according to my wife. Honestly I don’t think the lady’s comment is racist because she wasn’t trying to say my wife is less of a person or beneath her in anyway because she is white. Instead I think she used the B word out of anger mixed with pointing out a white woman didn’t get checked as hard. Just a personal story.

I think it will be a big issue in 2020 but I don’t think most Americans are racist. Definitely need to spotlight every time it happens but I think people are too quick to call something an act of racism before knowing the whole story. 

I haven't finished the video as I need to get to a meeting.

She's not wrong.  It also does not mean that racism does not exist. 

White nationalism is a thing, sadly.

The socio-economic issues of urban centers is a bigger issue I would think.

And it can vary a lot from city to town... I've seen things too and dwb is a thing among certain police. In addition, the more mixed a neighborhood is and the more to the police do community policing there  imo there is probably less.  Some of it is subtle, some not so much and if an area is in transition and one group feels threatened probably more economically especially.