Draft lottery day thread 8PM NBCSN

#freejame

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Every single team has a greater chance of staying the same or falling back as opposed to moving up. But by all means, think it’s a stupid system designed to screw Buffalo

Yep. This should only reinforce how fortunate we were to finally beat the odds to land Dahlin last year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The last forward drafted at seven to not play at least one game in his draft season: Colin Wilson in 2008 who went to Boston U.

And that was because he was too busy leading BU to a national championship as the Hobey runner up (he should have won it, was much better than Gileoy). So you’re saying they should take Zegras?

37 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Glad to see Chicago picks Top 3 after all they've been through in the last decade.

Not a fan of Chicago picking third. But as I have been saying for years you better have excellent scouting to find players all throughout the draft. Why is Buffalo in this situation is part of that problem.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea be played a bunch of wing with Hughes when Turcotte came back. He's kinda like better skating Reinhart 

Ah ic. Good player to have, but given our serious lack of finish you'd think he'd be an unlikely selection.

Then again he's American and we are talking Botterill..

• SDS unpinned this topic
39 minutes ago, ct fab said:

Yeah EDM winning twice and devils twice shows it's not fixed. NHL would want the rags to win certainly not the devils

Both teams have actually won it three times. Their firsts were both back before anyone could win the first overall pick. 

Just now, Billznut said:

Is that why YOU and everyone watched the lottery? Because it’s all hyperbole?  Give me a break 

I watched the lottery? You learn something new everyday. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

1) You don't hate NJ? They ruined hockey for almost 2 decades!

2) Oh wow, you've been possessed by the Wookie.

Dammit, they're on to me!

In actually, I don't really feel angry. We got a generational talent in Dahlin last year so I'm not exactly hung up about not winning twice in a row. 

Plus no one else in our division got even stronger thanks to the lottery. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.