Draft lottery day thread 8PM NBCSN

#freejame

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

There are some teams in the 1-8 range that also have a later pick. Rangers have 6 and 22. Anaheim has 8 and 26. LA has 2 and 25. 

LA is interesting.  Maybe we win the lottery, LA comes 2nd we could trade 1 for 2, 25 and something else?

Although the odds of that happening are slim so probably not even worth discussing at this point lol.

Edited by Derrico

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Dude looks like he's 14, to be honest.  It's gonna take more than 10 lb.

In all seriousness, he would fit right into the St. Joe's Glee Club, circa 1986 when I was in it, aged 15.

We all looked like this.  

43_Jack_Hughes_medium.jpg

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

This sounds like you are one of those “Bettman controls the lottery outcome” people. You can’t be one of those! I’ve grown to like your posts.

Two words! ‘No Goal!” 

No i don’t think the lottery is rigged, but....Matthews did end up in Toronto.

Just some Sabres draft history.  We’ve had 17 top 10 picks in our history, but have never drafted 3rd or 4th. This year will be the 18th top 10 pick or which 7 will have occurred in the last 7 years.  

1st overall - 3 - Perreault, Turgeon and Dahlin

2nd overall - 2 - Eichel and Reinhart

5th overall - 5 - Martin, Schoenfeld, Barrasso, Anderson, Vanek - pretty good other then Anderson (Brian Leetch was the next D taken).

6th overall - 1 - Housley

7th overall - 1- Rasmussen (note: Briere was taken 17 picks later)

8th overall - 3 - Ristolainen, Nylander & Mittelstadt

9th overall - 1 - Cyr (Andreychuk went 16th)

10th overall - 1 - Lacombe (Sabres took Creighton 11th -Dave Gagner went 12th)

I predict the Sabres partially win the lottery and draft 3rd for the first time.  Jbot will then pass on Pod, and take Cozens.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just some Sabres draft history.  We’ve had 17 top 10 picks in our history, but have never drafted 3rd or 4th. This year will be the 18th top 10 pick or which 7 will have occurred in the last 7 years.  

1st overall - 3 - Perreault, Turgeon and Dahlin

2nd overall - 2 - Eichel and Reinhart

5th overall - 5 - Martin, Schoenfeld, Barrasso, Anderson, Vanek - pretty good other then Anderson (Brian Leetch was the next D taken).

6th overall - 1 - Housley

7th overall - 1- Rasmussen (note: Briere was taken 17 picks later)

8th overall - 3 - Ristolainen, Nylander & Mittelstadt

9th overall - 1 - Cyr (Andreychuk went 16th)

10th overall - 1 - Lacombe (Sabres took Creighton 11th -Dave Gagner went 12th)

I predict the Sabres partially win the lottery and draft 3rd for the first time.  Jbot will then pass on Pod, and take Cozens.

Turcotte 

29 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

If we win the lottery I think we should trade the the 1OA pick + Okposo for:

a legit 2C

that teams 1st round pick

that teams top D propsect or good D man on entry level D

Is that reasonable or am I sweet-lou-ing this scenario?

Thanks for the mention, I guess my reputation proceeds me...

My take if we win the first overall pick is go to Vancouver and offer the first and Sobotka.  They could have the Hughes brothers be a replacement for the Sedan twins.

I would want Horvat, Virtanen and Vancouver's first in return. 

Sobotka is a cap dump on a team that has space in order to get the first overall pick.  Vancouver has Petterson that can slide into the first line center and have Hughes be the #2 center.

This gives the Sabres their #2 center right away and would still get a high end pick.

Virtanen gives the Sabres the pesky 3rd line RW who can play physical and score.

3 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

My take if we win the first overall pick is go to Vancouver and offer the first and Sobotka.  They could have the Hughes brothers be a replacement for the Sedan twins.

Sobotka is a cap dump on a team that has space in order to get the first overall pick.  Vancouver has Petterson that can slide into the first line center and have Hughes be the #2 center.

This gives the Sabres their #2 center right away and would still get a high end pick.

Virtanen gives the Sabres the pesky 3rd line RW who can play physical and score.

If only that could happen

30 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Sobotka should seal the deal.

4 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Sobotka should seal the deal.

Meh I'd rather have him ride out his year as a 13th forward/waive, then wast potential assets.

36 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Switching 1st overalls and getting horvat in return is more than good enough deal, some of you just want to much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.