Draft lottery day thread 8PM NBCSN

#freejame

Hughes reminds me of Patrick Kane.  

I’m going to assume we don’t win the lottery, Bettman won’t let lightning strike twice.  

I keep reading the blurbs with the rankings I find on the net and the player the really stands out for me is Cozens.  Big, strong, and plays with an edge.  Also skates well, has a good shot, wins draws and plays 200 feet.  This is the kind of player we need. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m going to assume we don’t win the lottery, Bettman won’t let lightning strike twice.  

I keep reading the blurbs with the rankings I find on the net and the player the really stands out for me is Cozens.  Big, strong, and plays with an edge.  Also skates well, has a good shot, wins draws and plays 200 feet.  This is the kind of player we need. 

This sounds like you are one of those “Bettman controls the lottery outcome” people. You can’t be one of those! I’ve grown to like your posts.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

This sounds like you are one of those “Bettman controls the lottery outcome” people. You can’t be one of those! I’ve grown to like your posts.

I could almost think this was a legit theory if it was the large media markets or areas were they are trying to grow the game that kept winning the lottery, but that hasn’t been the case, so I don’t see what the evidence could possibly be.

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Screw bettman let's go two in a row!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I could almost think this was a legit theory if it was the large media markets or areas were they are trying to grow the game that kept winning the lottery, but that hasn’t been the case, so I don’t see what the evidence could possibly be.

Correct.  After mcdavid went to Edmonton it confirmed to me that it wasn't rigged. 

Even still the buffalo market is good for the NHL.  It really is.  The Sabres started the year hot and sportsnet in Canada started picking up several Sabres game on local GTA TV.  Then they sucked and got way fewer.  Most nights it was replaced by curling hahahha. 

Edited by Derrico
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I feel weird. I actually would rather draft 2nd or 3rd.  I like Hughes but I don't love him. I can't pinpoint why and I am still getting info on him so maybe that will change.  Kakko and Turcotte and even maybe Cozens are just more intriguing to me. 

I think you either win 1 or 2. 3 -10 is a complete Mashup of good players in no particular order. 

So about a 16% chance of celebrating tonight.

If the Sabres do drop we need teams in front of us to fall in love with Byram and Pod.

Pod could be a target for LAK or NYR. 

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

I think you either win 1 or 2. 3 -10 is a complete Mashup of good players in no particular order. 

So about a 16% chance of celebrating tonight.

There is something to be said about having your pick of those 8 though 

• Like (+1) 2

Im really starting to like the idea of Byram with the pick.

They need a Center this season, so you have to go out and sign one in FA.  Then you would have your 3 Centers for the next few years in Eichel, UFA, Mitts

You put Byram  (when he is ready) as your 2nd pair LHD behind Dahlin.

DCore under 25

LHD - Dahlin, Byram, Pilut, Samuelsson, Bryson

RHD - Montour, Risto, Borgen, Laaksonen 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Right now I am roughly at: subject to change of course.  ....

Hughes --- the last name of my top line center in NHL98. If he's that good, we'll be very happy
Kakko -- the K-Gun. More Ks to join UPL K^6.
Turcotte -- sounds like a guy who would drive an AT-AT
Byram -- sounds like a Rebel pilot
Cozens -- sounds like an Imperial officer
Zegras -- sounds like a bounty hunter
Dach -- the excited young snowspeeder gunner!
Pod -- "Now, this is Podkolzin!"
Boldy -- "To boldy go where no one has... " wrong franchise.
Krebs -- sounds like an Ewok

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

So we all need the same luck/mojo that we had last year.  Everyone is wearing the same underwear as last year just like I am right ?

Right there with you. I've been wearing the same suit for about 50 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Sabres Draft Lottery Odds:

1st: 8.5%

2nd: 8.7%

3rd: 8.9%

4th: 0.0%

5th: 8.4%

6th: 34.5%

7th: 26.7%

8th: 4.3%

So -- about a 17% chance of a huge win (i.e. Hughes or Kakko), but about a 65% chance of dropping 1-3 spots.

Yea, we basically have almost the same chance of a huge win as last year. Downside is larger, of course. Luckily, there's really not much of a difference between drafting 5th and 8th. 

46 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Is the lottery on the NHL app? Or anywhere else we can watch in EU?

I would say try the NHL app. Usually they put this thing on NBCSN which honestly kind of sucks. 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yea, we basically have almost the same chance of a huge win as last year. Downside is larger, of course. Luckily, there's really not much of a difference between drafting 5th and 8th. 

That's debatable IMPO. 

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Sabres Draft Lottery Odds:

1st: 8.5%

2nd: 8.7%

3rd: 8.9%

4th: 0.0%

5th: 8.4%

6th: 34.5%

7th: 26.7%

8th: 4.3%

So -- about a 17% chance of a huge win (i.e. Hughes or Kakko), but about a 65% chance of dropping 1-3 spots.

We have a 69% chance of drafting 1-6 (not 4th obviously). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.