Anaheim Ducks 6.0%

Vancouver Canucks 5.0%

Philadelphia Flyers 3.5%

Minnesota Wild 3.0%

Chicago Blackhawks 2.5%

Florida Panthers 2.0%

Arizona Coyotes 1.5%

Montreal Canadiens 1.0%

The odds for the remaining clubs will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery Draw, based on which club wins the 1st Lottery Draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery Draw, based on which club wins the 2nd Lottery Draw.

I feel weird. I actually would rather draft 2nd or 3rd.  I like Hughes but I don't love him. I can't pinpoint why and I am still getting info on him so maybe that will change.  Kakko and Turcotte and even maybe Cozens are just more intriguing to me. 

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I feel weird. I actually would rather draft 2nd or 3rd.  I like Hughes but I don't love him. I can't pinpoint why and I am still getting info on him so maybe that will change.  Kakko and Turcotte and even maybe Cozens are just more intriguing to me. 

In my mind Kakko would have a greater immediate impact on the team, but the Hughes-Kane comparisons get me pretty excited. I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed with either. 

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Kakko is pretty close, but not the others.

Hughes has elite skating.  He will immediately be among the top 10(or something like that) skaters in the NHL.  That counts for a lot. Combine that with great stick handling and great vision, and you get someone who can dominate the play.

I believe that he is going to be at least a PPG player in the NHL, with the upside to be even more.  As a draft prospect, he is on par with Eichel/Matthews.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I think Kakko is pretty close, but not the others.

Hughes has elite skating.  He will immediately be among the top 10(or something like that) skaters in the NHL.  That counts for a lot. Combine that with great stick handling and great vision, and you get someone who can dominate the play.

I believe that he is going to be at least a PPG player in the NHL, with the upside to be even more.  As a draft prospect, he is on par with Eichel/Matthews.

I don't agree. I think he is a hair below them. If McDavid is a 10, Eichel/Matthews is a 9.5 and Hughes is a 9 or 9.2

Hughes has elite skating and vision but he can get muscled off of pucks and pushed around. When he hits the NHL, there will be a lot more skaters that can keep up or anticipate him. I am curious to see how he develops and evolves. I am also curious to see what happens when he is away from Caufield and Zegras. He had 2 linemates that really complimented him. Caufield for the shot and Zegras for the shot and vision he possessed. 

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I like Hughes a lot but there are some questions to his game and adapting to the NHL role. I think his first year will be interesting but by year 2 he should be much better. He reminds me of Barzal in a lot of ways. 

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

If we win a top 3 spot and have a new coach going into next season I can see myself believing again.

To me, it’s top-2 you really need to hope for.  3-10 has almost no consensus about who is better.  We could the same player at 6-7-8 as at 3.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Hughes has elite skating and vision but he can get muscled off of pucks and pushed around.

My thinking is, he won’t get pushed around because they can’t catch him. That’s why I don’t worry about size much if the player has elite skating.

3 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

My thinking is, he won’t get pushed around because they can’t catch him. That’s why I don’t worry about size much if the player has elite skating.

I wouldn't say I am worried about his size per say. I worry more about his strength. I think right now he could use 10lbs of muscle to really be able to play off of contact. I think back to Reinhart in year 1 versus now and how he can play with that contact occurring. It is something I appreciate about Kakko and Turcotte and Cozens. Hughes having elite skating means that he won't have tons of contact but even still, he will need to add strength... much like any prospect I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Dude looks like he's 14, to be honest.  It's gonna take more than 10 lb.

I mean to be brutally honest, Hughes needs about 25lbs of muscle. He is roughly 160 and that just isn't going to cut it. I am also curious to see if he is really 5'10"

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

As long as we stay in the top 5, preferably top 3.  We should be able to grab a very good center and hope JBot can hit gold on the other puck.  

Let me tell you about Nicholas Robertson... 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't say I am worried about his size per say. I worry more about his strength. I think right now he could use 10lbs of muscle to really be able to play off of contact. I think back to Reinhart in year 1 versus now and how he can play with that contact occurring. It is something I appreciate about Kakko and Turcotte and Cozens. Hughes having elite skating means that he won't have tons of contact but even still, he will need to add strength... much like any prospect I suppose. 

I don’t disagree, but that is also probably the easiest area for a player to improve.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I mean to be brutally honest, Hughes needs about 25lbs of muscle. He is roughly 160 and that just isn't going to cut it. I am also curious to see if he is really 5'10"

Yeah, I think that is a lie.

Edited by Doohickie

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Very superficially based, but this is exactly how I feel too.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.