Pilut, Olofsson and Nylander returned to Amerks

inkman

14 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Good. Now win some playoff rounds 

They all showed they're ready for the NHL next season, now they need to put a final stamp on that by dominating the AHL playoffs.  For all the abuse Tage Thompson was given has being kept in the NHL, he's showing that he's too good to stay down in the minors.  

15 minutes ago, Cage said:

They all showed they're ready for the NHL next season, now they need to put a final stamp on that by dominating the AHL playoffs.  For all the abuse Tage Thompson was given has being kept in the NHL, he's showing that he's too good to stay down in the minors.  

Might be too good for the AHL but he sure as hell isn't good enough for the NHL. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Might be too good for the AHL but he sure as hell isn't good enough for the NHL. 

And we’ve all seen plenty of evidence of players who are excellent AHL players who have never been able to crack NHL rosters. It’s weird, but it does happen frequently.

AHL Thievery Abounds, Amerks D-Men next year.

Randy Sexton just signed NCAA Sr. Justin Baudry(LD) to 1 year AHL contract. He was already playing on an ATO with the Ontario Reign!

By the way, Chris Brown, Sabres property, was signed to an ATO with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.  I don't think that we miss Brown though.

D-men Tennyson, MacWilliam, Paetsch, Brycen Martin all have expiring contracts.   So next year's D will be something like this, assuming that

Pilut is in Buffalo.   They are all 22 years old save for Bryson who is the odd man out at 21 yo.

Hickey             Dougherty

Bryson(?)       Borgen

Gosselin          Fitzgerald

Baudry

Hopefully we get Bryson locked up this year.

I'm not high on Dougherty ever making it to the NHL. The other night he got totally humiliated by a forward who blew by him and scored on a break away.

Dougherty is just too slow IMHO.

Edited by etiennep99

On 4/9/2019 at 7:14 AM, Cage said:

Tage Thompson was given has being kept in the NHL, he's showing that he's too good to stay down in the minors.  

I think one of the story lines when the new coach comes to town is how he is at transitioning prospects into NHLers.  Based on the OJT and utilization Tage and Mitts got this past season, I think that's one area where XHCPH failed miserably.  He threw them in the deep end and didn't throw them a line.  Both the team and their development suffered for it.

Edited by Doohickie

4 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

AHL Thievery Abounds, Amerks D-Men next year.

Randy Sexton just signed NCAA Sr. Justin Baudry(LD) to 1 year AHL contract. He was already playing on an ATO with the Ontario Reign!

By the way, Chris Brown, Sabres property, was signed to an ATO with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.  I don't think that we miss Brown though.

D-men Tennyson, MacWilliam, Paetsch, Brycen Martin all have expiring contracts.   So next year's D will be something like this, assuming that

Pilut is in Buffalo.   They are all 22 years old save for Bryson who is the odd man out at 21 yo.

Hickey             Dougherty

Bryson(?)       Borgen

Gosselin          Fitzgerald

Baudry

Hopefully we get Bryson locked up this year.

I'm not high on Dougherty ever making it to the NHL. The other night he got totally humiliated by a forward who blew by him and scored on a break away.

Dougherty is just too slow IMHO.

Redmond is signed for next season, and I’d imagine they sign a couple more veteran defensemen in free agency this summer. If Bryson is signed, I can see this collection of players next year:

Redmond, FA, Borgen (first call up), Bryson, Dougherty, Hickey, Fitzgerald, FA. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.