Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Updated Todd McLellan OUT of the Running Sabres HC Position

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Is that how's it's going to be? McL? Anybody up for a McBotts?

HCNGMTM

How about HCTM.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No worries, TM just using us to get more money from LA!

It's possible and I won't hold it 🍆 against him 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Jason Nighingale is probably shitting his pants right now.

Eh, it's not like any other coach we've had lately has paid any attention to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Eh, it's not like any other coach we've had lately has paid any attention to him.

Unless he sucks as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brawndo said:

Unless he sucks as well 

Entirely possible, and something I have wondered about on and off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Jason Nighingale is probably shitting his pants right now.

This is an excellent example of the profanity filter not doing dick, btw.  nbd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a coach with a full head of hair will be a refreshing change if anything....

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Derrico said:

Having a coach with a full head of hair will be a refreshing change if anything....

I'm sorry, did you forget?

ted-nolan-1996-33.jpg

Nolan7RESIZED.jpg

 

  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I'm sorry, did you forget?

ted-nolan-1996-33.jpg

Nolan7RESIZED.jpg

 

I hate you with the fire of a thousand suns.

  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my fears is that they are rushing to hire TMac and an unexpected HC with become available after the First Round of the Playoffs such as Maurice, Lavy or even Babcock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brawndo said:

One of my fears is that they are rushing to hire TMac and an unexpected HC with become available after the First Round of the Playoffs such as Maurice, Lavy or even Babcock. 

Are you willing to wait? Other options could be gone by then, if it even happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure we are getting Babcocked again to raise the price so no worries. I would not be nearly as upset on this one though.....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I'm pretty sure we are getting Babcocked again to raise the price so no worries. I would not be nearly as upset on this one though.....

But didn't Pegula say no salary cap on coaches too? All we need is an owner with deep pockets...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doctor of Philhousley said:

Please let all the old men with old ideas be gone.

I don't disagree. But we've managed to whiff with experienced coaches as well as noobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

But didn't Pegula say no salary cap on coaches too? All we need is an owner with deep pockets...

 

If he doesn’t want to come here, then it might not matter if you offer $5M instead of $4M.

Edited by Curtisp5286

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't disagree. But we've managed to whiff with experienced coaches as well as noobs.

Innovate! The number 1 question should be whether or not you will use unconventional advantages (#FancyStats). If not, what would be your reasoning. You can justify players, lineups using analytics, you should be tasked with doing the same if you ignore them. If they pass the first question, then my next is how else can you increase odds of victory? In other words, not only should the sabres use all of the current strategies related to lineups, player usage, etc but in order to win big you must innovate. Tampa is dunking on everyone right now, and by the time you employ the same strategy the game has changed....Be ahead of the curve for once!!!

Edited by Doctor of Philhousley
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that want Babs as the coach, can you say overrated?

I think he is a good coach but not great.

TM is an above average hire, the Edmonton stint stained him a bit, but that wasn't all his fault.

Bottom line: Until the Sabres get better secondary scoring, and resolve the goalie issue once and for all, the coach won't have a massive impact.

 

 

Edited by Swedesessed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Doctor of Philhousley said:

Please let all the old men with old ideas be gone.

Like Babcock and Q? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll accept any hire with an open mind.  I just want it to work. We don't know the players/locker room well enough to know what they need.  

Hoping JBot does and I'll give him my fan support to pick one more coach. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

One of my fears is that they are rushing to hire TMac and an unexpected HC with become available after the First Round of the Playoffs such as Maurice, Lavy or even Babcock. 

Just maybe Babcock is overrated if he's going to possibly be available? We fans get focused on one guy sometimes. TMac , as you referred to him, may end up elsewhere. There are other coaches out there who will/are available. Botterill hopefully knows who they are and who fits here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on these quotes from Jonathan Willis from The Athletic think waiting might be a good option.

1 minute ago, Radar said:

Just maybe Babcock is overrated if he's going to possibly be available? We fans get focused on one guy sometimes. TMac , as you referred to him, may end up elsewhere. There are other coaches out there who will/are available. Botterill hopefully knows who they are and who fits here.

 

Edited by Brawndo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...