Lasting Memories From The 2018-2019 Season?

bob_sauve28

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'll remember the streak, my own streak (the Sabres were undefeated when I was in attendance), the win over the Penguins, and the meetup.

The Sabres won both games I attended this year.. Capitals (meetup) and Blues (during my week long hiatus for being too positive).  

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

In an ideal world:  Nothing.  This was the most disheartening season of Sabres hockey I can remember.

Honestly I think I won't remember anything either. Risto's OT goal was nice at the time and I remember some great plays by Dahlin that showed me a glimmer of what might be but overall it was forgettable. 

I think the year before was more "disheartening" though. Housley promised fast and we were slow and just bad. At least in the second year we saw some of that speed, at least for a while. So now we wait to see what the new guy will promise and if he will deliver. Nothing but a big question mark at the moment. 

Watching the Sabres beat the Wings during the streak along with my sons while sitting in my MiL's basement.

There were other good moments that (with the exception of the spontaneous celebration for Pominville) seem so long ago, but that was the best & most lasting.

Last memories......

Now that the season is long over there a couple of things that stand out

1) Skinner - he is a much better hockey player then I thought.  The lasting memory is his edge work.

2) Ristolainen - 2 OT goals is memory serves early in the season that ignited the team.  Also the cringe worthy celebrations

3) The Streak

4) Pommers early season chemistry with Jack and Skinner

5) Dahlin's skating

6) Watching the team collapse

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.