Lasting Memories From The 2018-2019 Season?

bob_sauve28

What do you think you will remember most about this particular season? 

Sad to say, but I will never forget Pominville stopping his own shot from going into the net. 

On a more positive note, Rasmus Dahlin's rookie season. 

If this is Skinner's only season, I suppose that will make the season stand out a bit. 

The only thing that I want to remember about this season, as in forget everything else, is the epic trip of my fellow NSer and his son to witness the Sabres live in Buffalo.

One day I will do it too.  Consider yourselves warned.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
all the missing words ...

2 hours ago, Sir Andrew said:

It's tough reading through the comments on these videos.

That’s my goal of the year.  The break out, the speed, the move, the shot ... against a Division leader and a Norris Winner.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember these things:

1.  Having real NHL goaltending for the first 2-3 months

2.  How good it was to see Risto look like a star in the first 2-3 months

3.  Seeing Eichel and Skinner among the league leaders in offensive in the first 2-3 months

4. Loving to watch hockey again and seeing the National Hockey Media excited about the play of the Sabres

5.  Seeing Dahlin looked like a future star in the making

6.   Troublesome 0.500 hockey on December, hopeful that they can get hot again

7.  Very troublesome bad hockey in January, the team consistently not answering the call in critical games against teams lower in the standings

8.  Lost, lifeless, error prone, hockey in Feb and March - as bad as any year in recent memory 

9. Feeling like the core players and the veterans don't care, feeling like the GM and Coach are both over their heads, feeling like we are never getting out of hockey Hell,

10.  Growing a great disdain for losing and feeling sad for Phil, not because he is a good coach, but because we needed him to do better and he probably did his best (even if the players did not).   

11.  I cant help feeling like Buffalo is not a place that good players will want to come too.  Nothing to due with the city, this is all on the Owners and their inability to run the team

• Like (+1) 1

I'll try to focus on the positives. The streak, as temporary as it was, was a welcome breath of fresh air. Seeing them beat the Habs in overtime with my dad and uncle was also a wonderful experience.

I hope the new coaching regime can make many more moments like that for years to come.

• Like (+1) 1

"1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10....WE WANT 11!!!!" cheer echoing throughout KeyBank Center after the game.

(I also remember the "1..2.. - ..8..9..WE WANT 10!!!!" cheer during the game, even after the Sharks had come back from down 2-0 to tie it at 2, resulting in a guy near us yelling, "SHUUUUUT UUUUUUP!!! JUST WIN!!")

Edited by carpandean

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.