Locker Room Cleanout Day

WildCard

And then, depression set in . . . . 

image.png.326443e10ec91e3fc3d35c7457a4f4fd.png

I honestly feel sorry for these guys.  They look pathetic, like trumpet players without trumpets!  The Sabres need a higher-energy coach that detests losing and will continually push his/her players until they build habits that lead to wins.  I don't know anything about McClellan (sp?) - maybe he's a good choice.  Lindy I know and I know he wouldn't allow the head hanging.  Those players that tuned him out are long gone, the last of which was Pomenville (who didn't tune him out) - so his return would not be out of the question.

Resigning Skinner, obtaining a key FA or 2 and filling-out lines 2-3-4 are the main priorities for the GM.  It'll be OK to churn the bottom lines and get new players in there (we can lose just as easily with them than with the likes of Sobatka, Larsson and Girgensens.

Failing to get Skinner will be a PR nightmare and an insurmountable # of goals to replace.  

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, TrueBlueGED said:

Yea well, Risto's play broke us. 

Note: By "us," I mean people like me who supported him and expected him to grow and justify the contract. Whoops.

Ristolainen earns his paycheck more than most of this roster does (excluding Rodriguez, Reinhart, McCabe, and a few others who are on cheap bridge deals or ELCs). He has the 5th most points on this team as a defenseman. When FXGMJB tries to make up for his O'Reilly mistake by trading him for some mediocre center and a late first round pick or some other collection of cap dumps and prospects to make it a multi piece deal (my guess given his preference of trading a quarter for a nickel, two pennies, and a slug), I predict we won't be able to replace him. How much do you think a consistent 40 point defenseman in his prime is supposed to earn?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.