LGR4GM

2019 NHL Draft

My random player for the day:

Shane Pinto. 6'2" 192lb Center. He played in the USHL. Sounds like a competitor and might, might be around in the 3rd. 

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

We are in the midst of another great Buffalo tease.

If Dallas wins, the Sabres pick no worse than 19.

If Dallas, Colorado and Columbus win, the Sabres pick 17.

But you know San Jose and St. Louis will both win, meaning the Sabres pick no better than 30th.

With series clinching goals by O'Reilly and Kane, right? That would be the most Buffalo thing to happen I would think.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

We are in the midst of another great Buffalo tease.

If Dallas wins, the Sabres pick no worse than 19.

If Dallas, Colorado and Columbus win, the Sabres pick 17.

But you know San Jose and St. Louis will both win, meaning the Sabres pick no better than 30th.

and if carolina wins we get 16

Found this on NHL.com  http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

Entry Draft Order
The order of selection among the Member Clubs in each season shall be determined in the following manner:
A composite of all Member Clubs shall be prepared by placing:
i) First the Clubs which failed to qualify for the preceding playoffs in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest points total and followed by the Club having the next lowest points total, and so forth.
ii) The Clubs which participated in the preceding playoffs (but had not been ranked first in their respective Divisions and had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
iii) The Clubs which had been ranked first in their Divisions during the next preceding season (but had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
iv) The Stanley Cup winner shall select last, thus, positioning all Clubs on the list.

In the event of a tie for any position, such tie shall be resolved by application of the rules governing the determination of final League standings. The resulting list shall constitute the order of selection.

The Cup winner drafts last, then the 4 Division winner (if one doesn’t win the Cup) then remaining playoffs based on regular season points.  This says nothing about Cup runner-up or conference finalists.

Right now all 4 Division winners are out.  

So the draft order is 

31 Cup Winner (Boston the favorite?)

30 TB

29 Calg

28 Wash

27 Nash

26 NYI

25 SJ

24 Tor

23 Pitt

22 Wpj

21 Car

20 Stl

19 CBJ

18 Dallas

17 LV

16 Colo

I think we need Colorado, Dallas or CBJ to Win the Cup for Stl to fall to 19th.

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Found this on NHL.com  http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

The Cup winner drafts last, then the 4 Division winner (if one doesn’t win the Cup) then remaining playoffs based on regular season points.  This says nothing about Cup runner-up or conference finalists.

Right now all 4 Division winners are out.  

So the draft order is 

31 Cup Winner (Boston the favorite?)

30 TB

29 Calg

28 Wash

27 Nash

26 NYI

25 SJ

24 Tor

23 Pitt

22 Wpj

21 Car

20 Stl

19 CBJ

18 Dallas

17 LV

16 Colo

I think we need Colorado, Dallas or CBJ to Win the Cup for Stl to fall to 19th.

This is old, outdated information.  I know it’s on NHL.com, but I’m 95% sure that it’s incorrect.  There is other info on NHL.com which contradicts it, and describes the way the draft order has been set since the current CBA went into affect.  The conference finalists get the last 4 spots, then division winners and then it’s decided by points after that.  

Just look at how the draft has been the past few years.  The process hasn’t changed.

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

My random player for the day:

Shane Pinto. 6'2" 192lb Center. He played in the USHL. Sounds like a competitor and might, might be around in the 3rd. 

I've seen him play, he's a horse out on the ice!!

1 hour ago, jsb said:

I've seen him play, he's a horse out on the ice!!

And he explodes if you hit him from behind.

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

and if carolina wins we get 16

Wrong.  Both had 99 points.  Canes had 44 ROW; Blues 42.

17-19 are the possible spots should Dallas win 4 of the next 6.