2019 NHL Draft

LGR4GM

• Rather surprised at the lack of trades, even to move up or down via picks.
  • Does this indicate GM's are valuing 1st rd picks for their own internal team building process?
  • When listening to Botterill's interview, appears the Sabres inquired about moving up, and trading 31 for a current player in a deal but none of that came to fruition. I am now wondering about players like Zucker and such, what will it take to trade for players if picks aren't in the packages from this draft? Next years draft picks maybe as currency in trades?
  • Like (+1) 1

From today’s BN/Lysowski quoting GMJB in the Johnson pick:

"When we talk about how we eventually want our team to play and how we play when we’re successful, it’s our defensemen joining the rush. Our defensemen getting pucks up to our talented forwards and we really felt Ryan fits the bill."

”Eventually” and “when we’re successful”.  I dig it.  He’s not drafting saviors.  He’s building an organization.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Neo said:

From today’s BN/Lysowski quoting GMJB in the Johnson pick:

"When we talk about how we eventually want our team to play and how we play when we’re successful, it’s our defensemen joining the rush. Our defensemen getting pucks up to our talented forwards and we really felt Ryan fits the bill."

”Eventually” and “when we’re successful”.  I dig it.  He’s not drafting saviors.  He’s building an organization.

Of the thousand thoughts I have and never bothered to express here, I was going to write this in response to a post then another topicaboit 2 minutes ago. Jason has to build an organization, he does not have the luxury of just picking players out of context.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

True

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Of the thousand thoughts I have and never bothered to wxoress here, I was going to write this in response to a post then another topicaboit 2 minutes ago. Jason has to build an organization, he does not have the luxury of just picking players out of context.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Welcome ....  I wear bowties.  The board’s been silent on them.  I also wear fedoras.   The board’s expressed its disdain!

My son in elementary school. Everyone loved that hat but the asshats in his grade wouldn’t stop grabbing it so he stopped wearing it. 

4DFA6D20-B06E-4ABD-917E-C853638F93CF.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Welcome, Doctor. Where’d you park the TARDIS?

Well, I sometimes have trouble remembering that. If you happen to see a blue police box, just a common, nothing unusual about it, you see them every day, unobtrusive blue box about ten feet high, let me know.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

Sharp lookin young man there.  Tell him to pop any kid who touches the hat.

He looks a bit different today. Off to college he goes. People don’t really mess with him anymore. 

A3874054-866D-4848-B9EC-41E818D75F54.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Tondas said:

They kept crapping on Brink due to his awkward skating.  Did these guys ever see Gretzky skate??

Whole different level of skill and awareness to overcome that.  A flaw at late 1st round talent level is much more of a flaw than a flaw at generational talent level.

21 minutes ago, Weave said:

Whole different level of skill and awareness to overcome that.  A flaw at late 1st round talent level is much more of a flaw than a flaw at generational talent level.

My point is that Brink and Gretzky could get to the same place on the ice at the same time (with a less than ideal stride).  Now what they do with the puck at that point is an entirely different story.  People never talked about Gretzky's awkward stride because of everything else that he did that was off the charts.

Edited by Tondas