2019 NHL Draft

LGR4GM

Great skater, puck mover, going to the NCAA. Vintage Botterill. Wish he was a right shot, but the pipeline isn't exactly stacked behind Dahlin on the left side (Pilut?) so it's all good. 

Edited by Thorny

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

@Curtisp5286

The Sabres did not interview Kaliyev at the Combine and the only contact he had with Buffalo was a Scout ripping him apart after a lackluster performance. 

Thanks.  I’m not surprised they didn’t take him.  For a team trying to build an identity and culture, he probably isn’t the guy.  However, I am shocked that no team took him in round 1.

2 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Thanks.  I’m not surprised they didn’t take him.  For a team trying to build an identity and culture, he probably isn’t the guy.  However, I am shocked that no team took him in round 1.

I watch players like that fall down the board and instead of thinking that some team’s about to get a gift, I start to wonder why he’s falling. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Botterill confirmed in a Presser his CHL Bias in the later rounds, because they have less time to develop players before losing their rights. 

This just makes sense.  But notice how it says later rounds.  As we saw tonight he will pick CHL players in the earlier rounds.  Obviously not speaking to you Brawndo.

• Like (+1) 1